cimema mode doesnt work

chowbok

chowbok

I had a problem before where, while in cinema mode, I was only getting the trailer of the movie I was about to play, I've since upgraded to 3.6.0.76 and now I'm not getting any trailers. (I'm still getting custom intros.) Can anyone help me? I really liked this feature. Log is attached.

embyserver.txt

Edited by chowbok

maegibbons

If only 3.6 was open source.....

Then you could fix it yourself.

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

chowbok

If only 3.6 was open source.....

Then you could fix it yourself.

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Do you actually contribute anything to these boards, or do you just spend all your time attempting to curry favor with the devs? 

CBers

Do you actually contribute anything to these boards

He does, a lot.

do you just spend all your time attempting to curry favor with the devs?

You need to read more of Mr @@maegibbons posts, as he definitely does not :D

• Like 2

chowbok

Fair enough. But I hope you'll agree this isn't a helpful post by him. I'm a paying customer looking for support with your product, and I shouldn't have to put up with snark just because I criticized the developers once.

Edited by chowbok
  • Like 1

CBers

Fair enough. But I hope you'll agree this isn't a helpful post by him. I'm a paying customer looking for support with your product, and I shouldn't have to put up with snark just because I criticized the developers once.

Not my product, I'm just a Moderator :)

We all criticise the devs, as I stated in the other thread, but when people post complaints about licencing etc., and then say they are a paying subscriber, it starts to grate with long-time users.

Anyway, let's hope going forward, we can all get along and help one another out.

Hopefully one of the devs will be able to help you with your issue soon enough, if not sooner.

• Like 2

Happy2Play

Well it is throwing this error, I see the same error.

2018-12-10 09:55:01.007 Error App: Error getting intros
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.6.0.76
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 4.18.0.11
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.MissingMethodException: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.SourceType MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.get_SourceType()'.
	   at Emby.Server.CinemaMode.DefaultIntroProvider.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<GetIntros>b__2(BaseItem i)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectIPartitionIterator`2.MoveNext()
	   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1 enumerable)
	   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
	   at Emby.Server.CinemaMode.DefaultIntroProvider.GetIntros(BaseItem item, User user)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetIntros(IIntroProvider provider, BaseItem item, User user)
	Source: Emby.Server.CinemaMode
	TargetSite: ItemWithTrailer <GetIntros>b__2(MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem)
	   at Emby.Server.CinemaMode.DefaultIntroProvider.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<GetIntros>b__2(BaseItem i)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectIPartitionIterator`2.MoveNext()
	   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1 enumerable)
	   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
	   at Emby.Server.CinemaMode.DefaultIntroProvider.GetIntros(BaseItem item, User user)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetIntros(IIntroProvider provider, BaseItem item, User user)
Edited by Happy2Play

mgworek

ok downloaded update, while that fixed Cinema Mode, it made me discover a problem with trailers. Custom intros are playing just fine now, thanks for that.

Trailers will not play for me. If I go to watch the movie, it tries to play the trailer but it just sits there. I will post a screenshot. I have to skip to the next trailer till I get through all 3.

I went directly to the trailers and tried to play one. I just get the spinner and it sits there. Marks the trailer as watched but nothing happens. 

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this. I am testing remotely.

embyserver.txt

Edited by mgworek

mgworek

Everything is working now. Must of just been a hiccup when the trailers wouldn't play after the update this morning.

Thanks.

Edited by mgworek

chowbok

I'm still not getting the trailers. Attaching my transcode logs. Note the last lines of each: it has the wrong path for the trailer in each case. 

"/data/3/movies/Educating Rita (1983)/trailers/Trailer.mkv" should be "/data/4/movies/Educating Rita (1983)/trailers/Trailer.mkv"
"/array/video/movies/Shock Corridor (1963)/trailers/Trailer.mkv" should be "/data/4/movies/Shock Corridor (1963)/trailers/Trailer.mkv"

ffmpeg-transcode-cdeac13a-d237-422c-84ef-ace4a768194e_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-dd2e70f1-ac50-4105-8251-f7dbc5c13c1b_1.txt

chowbok

I guess I should have attached the main log. Here it is.

Just for the heck of it, I tried temporarily removing the contents of /var/lib/emby and restarting with a fresh instance. After adding a small library and playing a movie, the same thing happened: unable to play the two trailers, intro and movie played fine. So it doesn't seem to be a problem with my data.

Any thoughts?

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

Trailers are playing on my Windows system.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

@@chowbok

So is your issue only with local trailers? Mine hasn't played a local trailer yet.

What are your Cinema Mode settings?

chowbok

Yes, I don't have remote trailers enabled. Here's my cinemamode.xml, let me know if this doesn't have the information you need:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CinemaModeConfiguration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <EnableIntrosForMovies>true</EnableIntrosForMovies>
  <EnableIntrosForEpisodes>false</EnableIntrosForEpisodes>
  <EnableIntrosForWatchedContent>true</EnableIntrosForWatchedContent>
  <EnableIntrosFromUpcomingTrailers>false</EnableIntrosFromUpcomingTrailers>
  <EnableIntrosFromMoviesInLibrary>true</EnableIntrosFromMoviesInLibrary>
  <EnableIntrosParentalControl>false</EnableIntrosParentalControl>
  <EnableIntrosFromSimilarMovies>false</EnableIntrosFromSimilarMovies>
  <CustomIntroPath>/array/video/intros</CustomIntroPath>
  <MediaInfoIntroPath />
  <EnableIntrosFromUpcomingDvdMovies>false</EnableIntrosFromUpcomingDvdMovies>
  <EnableIntrosFromUpcomingStreamingMovies>false</EnableIntrosFromUpcomingStreamingMovies>
  <TrailerLimit>2</TrailerLimit>
</CinemaModeConfiguration>

Happy2Play

I doesn't matter what I select I only get internet trailers.

Only difference I see is I don't used the "/trailers/Trailer.mkv" structure.

**Don't know if it matters but this test is on a system that uses xml metadata. Will have to add some local trailers to test machine.

Edited by Happy2Play

You mean in addition to the transcode logs I posted above? Nothing I've seen in the logs directory.

You have ffmpeg related failures in the server log you posted. You're saying no transcode log was created?

chowbok

Have you moved media around for the paths to be incorrect?

I may have moved those files at some point, I'm not sure. But I would've updated the library since then, and the entries for those movies are correct. I can also play those trailers directly from the respective movie pages.

Happy2Play

I may have moved those files at some point, I'm not sure. But I would've updated the library since then, and the entries for those movies are correct. I can also play those trailers directly from the respective movie pages.

But as you reported there is a disconnect somewhere.  But I would assume clicking play on a trailer and the plugin would pull the location information from the same place in the database.

file:/data/3/movies/Educating Rita (1983)/trailers/Trailer.mkv: No such file or directory
So can you look in the log and verify what the path for this trailer is when playing it directly. Edited by Happy2Play