New Statistics plugin

reggi

Whether or not virtual items are created is now a library-level setting.  The setting must be different on your two installations.

reggi

@@ebr

After testing it with enabling and disabling the option I see you are correct. I'll have to find another way to find the correct episode count for a show/season :)

reggi

Hey Guys,

After 2 weeks of being sick and programming, I got a new version ready for testing.

I had to refactor a lot for the total episode count calculation. I changed it to use the TVDB API to calculate everything. 

You will see that the first step of the task will take a long time now. This is because he has to get all the info from the API. When you run it a second time it will only download the available updates (so it should go quicker)

Also, the percentage of the "viewed" column changed. Now it will show 100% when you viewed all the collected episodes. So it's completely possible that you have a show watched 100% but collected for only 80%.

And the collected column only counts the aired episodes on the day the task has run (no specials and no aired in the future)

Changelog

- New way of calculating total episode count

- show progress table header fixed (color + ordering)

- more bugs fixed

Now I'm working on a "view count on the day of the week" graph. Looks promising and will be included in the next update. It's still too buggy at the moment and I have to do some more styling.

Let me know if there are any strange numbers or new ideas for the plugin :)

Statistics 0.0.0.9.zip

• Like 3

MSattler

Hey Guys,

After 2 weeks of being sick and programming, I got a new version ready for testing.

I had to refactor a lot for the total episode count calculation. I changed it to use the TVDB API to calculate everything. 

You will see that the first step of the task will take a long time now. This is because he has to get all the info from the API. When you run it a second time it will only download the available updates (so it should go quicker)

Also, the percentage of the "viewed" column changed. Now it will show 100% when you viewed all the collected episodes. So it's completely possible that you have a show watched 100% but collected for only 80%.

And the collected column only counts the aired episodes on the day the task has run (no specials and no aired in the future)

Changelog

- New way of calculating total episode count

- show progress table header fixed (color + ordering)

- more bugs fixed

Now I'm working on a "view count on the day of the week" graph. Looks promising and will be included in the next update. It's still too buggy at the moment and I have to do some more styling.

Let me know if there are any strange numbers or new ideas for the plugin :)

My scheduled task fails now:

2017-03-11 09:25:42.5935 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://thetvdb.com/api/Updates.php?type=all&time=1489241106
2017-03-11 09:25:42.6405 Error TaskManager: Error
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.2.6.0
Command line: B:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe -service
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Processor count: 8
Program data path: B:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application directory: B:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
  at Statistics.Api.TheTvDbProvider.<GetSeriesIdsToUpdate>d__13.MoveNext()
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
  at Statistics.Helpers.ShowProgressCalculator.GetShowsToUpdate(IEnumerable`1 showIds, String time, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.CalculateTotalEpisodes(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.<Execute>d__12.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at Emby.Common.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<ExecuteInternal>d__68.MoveNext()
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
  at Statistics.Api.TheTvDbProvider.<GetSeriesIdsToUpdate>d__13.MoveNext()<---

System.AggregateException
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
  at Statistics.Helpers.ShowProgressCalculator.GetShowsToUpdate(IEnumerable`1 showIds, String time, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.CalculateTotalEpisodes(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.<Execute>d__12.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at Emby.Common.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<ExecuteInternal>d__68.MoveNext()
InnerException: System.ArgumentException
System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

2017-03-11 09:25:42.6405 Info TaskManager: Calculate statistics for all users Failed after 0 minute(s) and 2 seconds
  • Like 1

CBers

@@MSattler My task completed OK.

@@reggi Still having issues with textboxes being cropped on my phone.

2017-03-11%2014.28.17.png 

Also, the Collected stats I assume are for the all of the episodes in all seasons of a show?

I ask, as I only keep the current season, so a show like BONES has 12 seasons, but I only have the current one, which is still airing, but I have all episodes.

As I don't have the old seasons, it throws the Collected stats out (Collected title is chopped off as well).

2017-03-11%2014.30.20.png

Not sure where the 31 episodes come from for BONES either, as there have been over 230.

I also have all 10 episodes of CHANCE, but the stats say only 50%. It's correct that I haven't watched any as yet.

I won't go through each show :)

On my PC I see that there is a Score and Status column as well - they are not shown on my phone, even in landscape mode.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

reggi

@@CBers

I haven't had the time to check the styling on a phone. I'll look into that soon.

For your show BONES, it shows you have 12,8% collected (I presume that is the one season you mentioned) and you have watched 26/31 episodes. 

The Strange part is that you say you only have 1 (still airing) episode. So could you maybe send a list of all files inside your BONES folder? I'll have to check what's going wrong here.

For your CHANCE show, is it this one? http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=311196&lid=7

If so, you found a bug. The episodes from season 2 have no air date yet but get counted as total collectible episodes. That's why you get 50% collected instead of 100% because season 2 is not yet aired. I'll fix that in the next update!

@@MSattler

I sent you a PM about the crash you're having.

PenkethBoy

Hi @@reggi

just a quick check and one thing i see is that in Show stats The blacklist shows no watched status 0/67 but on the user based stats screen i have watched 22hrs 50 mins (this is all the blacklist) with a list of six balcklist episodes i last watched

Thanks

Keep up the good work :)

CBers

Yes, that is the correct CHANCE.

Just realised that I still had the previous season of BONES.

I have now deleted that and rerun the stats scheduled task and it now shows as:

Bones	2005	44.4%	4 / 9	0 / 0	3.7%

I have all 9 aired episodes and have only watched 4 of them.

reggi

Here is a new version with a fix for @@MSattler 's crash. 

Nothing new is added so if the plugin works no need to update to this one.

Also, I changed the versioning numbering a bit so I can make subversions

Statistics 0.0.9.2.zip

You need an image for the plugin as well :)

I don't think he can do that until it goes in the catalog.

reggi

I don't think he can do that until it goes in the catalog.

No, I can't until I submit it to the catalog.

But if someone has any ideas for an image let me know :)

Martum

Here is a new version with a fix for @@MSattler 's crash. 

Nothing new is added so if the plugin works no need to update to this one.

Also, I changed the versioning numbering a bit so I can make subversions

I've first download 0.0.9 simply because it was the newest available in your first post. But then my task crashed so I came back here to check and that's when I saw 0.0.9.2 which fixed the problem for me too.

Happy2Play

I assume the task is failing because TVDB is offline.

Calculate statistics for all users failed.
2 minutes ago
One or more errors occurred.
Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Is it working at your system again?

Actually it is still failing.

here is the error.  v0.0.9.2

PenkethBoy

Today i am getting the same error as @@Happy2Play

tvdb update failure which fails the whole task

for info - same error on 9.0 and 9.2

reggi

Today i am getting the same error as @@Happy2Play

tvdb update failure which fails the whole task

for info - same error on 9.0 and 9.2

Thanks for the feedback both, I will add some kind of fallback system so the task is not failing when TVDB is down (or can't be contacted)

• Like 1

Jdiesel

Is there a Linux version of this plugin?

No need for version specific plugins as Emby runs on Mono. Just copy the plugin into your plugins folder and restart Emby server.

MSattler

Ok, I will try, I assumed it was Windows only as its a .DLL file

Linux packages don't use .DLL files.

All of Emby is .exe and .dll files native to Windows =)  They don't run in Linux directly, which is why Mono is used. =)