New Statistics plugin

reggi

Happy2Play

For a reporting plugin, the easiest thing to do is to just not have any styles embedded in it.

Okay then these things need added to the theme.  Since the theme does not currently treat ".statCard-content" it would have to be added to the theme to be treated with the same accents.

Okay then these things need added to the theme.  Since the theme does not currently treat ".statCard-content" it would have to be added to the theme to be treated with the same accents.

I should revise my guidelines a bit.

When using core components, a non-theme plugin should ideally not provide any style. On the other hand, if it is using it's own designed components, then it can style them however desired.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

When can we expect to see this in the catalogue? I'm still on an old version as remoting to the pc to install each time is a pain

I'm looking at the metadataviewer plugin, there some external css files are loaded in the plugin pages as well. When I'm able to load the detailtable.css as well I don't need custom styling for the table.

When can we expect to see this in the catalogue? I'm still on an old version as remoting to the pc to install each time is a pain

I'll see what I can do to get it in the catalog. I do want to make sure that the calculated stats are 100% correct before submitting it.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post!

Edited by reggi
  • Like 1

Diedrich

In post #121, your screenshot with the new stats should read: Largest Movie - it currently says "Show" for Suicide Squad. And of course, you are the author, but what about changing "Largest Show" to Largest TV Series"? And what about: Longest TV Series Runtime?

• Like 1

In post #121, your screenshot with the new stats should read: Largest Movie - it currently says "Show" for Suicide Squad. And of course, you are the author, but what about changing "Largest Show" to Largest TV Series"? And what about: Longest TV Series Runtime?

Thanks for pointing that out :)

And you got a point there, "TV Series" sounds better than "Show" and Emby is using "Series" as well in the UI. I'll include it in the new update!

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Thanks for pointing that out :)

And you got a point there, "TV Series" sounds better than "Show" and Emby is using "Series" as well in the UI. I'll include it in the new update!

Recent change to Emby also.

CBers

On the "User based show progress" page, is it really needed to have both the WATCHED % and the number of WATCHED episodes?

I have a strange 111.1% "In Collection" for one of my shows (see attached).

Also, the last column is cut off on my phone in portrait mode.

post-36-0-46803000-1488105426_thumb.png

Edited by CBers

@CBers 

I send you a PM to get some more information from you about the 111,1% bug. Thanks for logging it!

• Like 1

Happy2Play

@@reggi

Beyond show the same for me.  Is it do to it still airing but we have all the episodes?  Episode 10 officially airs 27 Feb.

Name   Started   Watched   Episodes   Specials   In Collection   Score   Status

Beyond 2017       111.1%       10 / 9           0 / 0           111.1%        9       Continuing

To me it would appear Episodes only reflect episode to date, so only 9 have aired, and tomorrow it will reflect 10.

Edited by Happy2Play

CBers

Recent change to Emby also.

OT, but when did that happen?

It's been Shows since day 1.

Shows sounds better than Series as in the UK, Series means Seasons, although most UK Emby users have become a bit Americanised in that respect :)

Happy2Play

OT, but when did that happen?

It's been Shows since day 1.

Shows sounds better than Series as in the UK, Series means Seasons, although most UK Emby users have become a bit Americanised in that respect :)

After v3.2.1.0

tymanthius

Just recently found this thanks to a mention in one of my threads.

Quick question:  Where do I drop the dll file on linux?

Jdiesel

Just recently found this thanks to a mention in one of my threads.

Quick question:  Where do I drop the dll file on linux?

Into the plugins folder. On Ubuntu it is "/var/lib/emby-server/plugins"

tymanthius

Into the plugins folder. On Ubuntu it is "/var/lib/emby-server/plugins"

Thanks!  I was having a blonde moment and didn't look under /var/lib . . . :)

PenkethBoy

@@reggi

Thanks for the new version

I have done a few checks on the numbers again which has generated a few questions/issues which i will come to in a seconds

1) First i noticed that my Emby server was using a lot more memory than usual 1.7GB vs 0.2GB. I rebooted the emby server and it started again on ~ 0.2GB - ran a full library scan - memory increased to about 0.4GB - when finished it dropped back to ~ 0.25GB. When i then ran the Stats Plugin - Calc Stats for all users - The memory load jumped up to 1.7GB (up to 66%) then stayed there till the task completed. After that it stayed the same for an hour or two and eventually (several hours later)when i came back to it the memory had returned to approx normal. This is not a problem for me as my server has plenty of memory but for users with lower spec machines it might be.

58b4b907e7ae8_Capture.jpg

2) With ver 0.6 it was recording 266 movies now i have 272 - unfortunately neither of these numbers are correct - i have 228 with no recent additions

also i have no films at less than 480P so the 44 Movies should be zero. If they were extras i would have many more than 44 "extra" films.

3) The boxes for Longest/Largest etc could do with a slight increase in size - yes it a long movie name but thats what its called on TheMovieDB.org

4) Total episodes is out by 1 - the "User Based Show Progress" table has a total of 3073 which is correct and files counts agree.

5) The "In Collection" column - all bar one of my shows has 100% - The majority are complete and have all episodes as shown by TVDB - apart from some specials.

"Star Trek - The Next Generation" shows as 99.4% as the last episode is a double length feature and emby recognises it as such. 99.4% (177/178) is correct. But should it not be 100%?

I also  have Andromeda as 100% when it has 1 show missing from Season 2 (corrupt Blu-ray) so should be 99.1% (109/110)

I can guess what you are trying to show - "have you got the complete series" and give an indication how far off i am which is great - just needs a tweek :)

6) For shows which i have all the episodes for (that i have bought) e.g. Elementary is a continuing series shows as 100% but i do not have the fourth series in my library but i do have a Season 4 folder (unpopulated) - is this an issue?

7) As above without an empty season folder also show as 100% e.g. Games of Thrones, Penny Dreadful

So i am not sure if 6) and 7) are by design or a bug or i have missed the obvious? :)

Reggi thanks for doing this i can send you extra info if you need it just let me know.

Looking forward to the next version :)

• Like 1

@@PenkethBoy

Thanks for the feedback!

1) I saw as well a small increase in my memory usage but not 66% like on your system. So I will look into that!

2) The 44 ">480P" movies could be a bug, if Emby doesn't know the frame with the plugin will fallback to ">480p". And I'll check what is changed with the total movie count.

3) Decreasing the font size is maybe an option.

4) If you go to the "User based statistics" and check the Total Episodes stat. Is that correct or also out by 1?

5) I didn't take double episodes into account, mmmmm I'll have to see what I can do about that. :)

6, 7) Strange that it will counts the 4th season when the folder is empty. Empty folders is not a problem because I just check how many episodes have a media stream (present on your hdd). 

Could you send me a PM and check for movies without frame width in your movie folder and send some screenshots from your elementary seasons folders as well.

You found some nasty bugs, I'll hope to fix them by the weekend :)

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

Hi Reggi

1) the 66% is the increase in progress of the task not the increase in memory :) my point was it increased by over 1GB for my medium sized library some with much bigger libraries might have issues if they run with low ram. I tried it on my other server (stable) and it did the same thing although to a lower degree as it haves less files to manage.

2) I checked a few movies and emby is listing the frame size and height in the details screen - the 44 movies are a bug as they do not exist :)

3) Yep  that would work to

4) Yep also out by one

5) Good. A similar issue will occur with movies in two parts (or more i guess) - i used to have the Lord of the Rings like that - but i have joined the files together now.

6,7) Yes its odd that for some it does it one way and not others - i guess emby may be inconsistent in how it provides you the data - as you could not possibly have made a mistake :)  :P

Yep i will PM you

Edited by PenkethBoy
  • Like 1

Ha ok ok, sorry I was reading it wrong then about the 66% :)

Can I ask how many users you have on your server? I hope you only have one, that it's logic that the memory increases because of the calculations for show progress. (All heavy calculations are in the last part of the task)

Anyway, i'm looping to many times over all episodes and movies in the task. So I will have to refactor.

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

On my Beta server just the one user which is the one i have been testing on

Yes there is a jump in memory usage from 0 to 33% then again from 33% to 66% after that it remains relatively constant

PM will be with you soon just waiting on a report to run on my movies folder - i assume you are ok with Excel files?

reggi

I have a problem and I hope some dev's here can help me out.

Let me first describe my situation. 

I have my main Emby server (Windows) and he has 2 partitions (/shows and /movies) they are both shared with samba in my local network. 

Then I have my dev machine (Windows), this machine is running Emby and is connected over samba to the same media as my "Live" server. So both servers are using the same data!

Now for some reason when I query Emby for all episodes my dev machine includes all virtual items in the result but my live machine seems to ignore the virtual items in his result.

EDIT: Bith are running version 3.2.5.0

EDIT2: In the LIVE machine db there are only 103 virtual items as in the Dev machine there are 5237 virtual items. I have no idea why my dev machine got all the virtual item's and my live machine not 

58bbcd42432ea_dev.png

58bbca18c88ad_live.png

In the first screenshot (Dev machine) you can see that my query return all seasons, 4 and 5 are virtual because I only have seasons 1,2,3 and 6 (2 broke girls)

In the second screenshot (Live machine) only the non-virtual items are returned. And when I search for only virtual items (LocationTypes = new[] { LocationType.Virtual }) the Live machine will return null.

Anyone got an idea why this is happening?

Edited by reggi