Only show album artist tag

bry

IMO this would greatly improve the music library. I already have all metadata properly tagged with musicbrainz picard and unfortunately my emby library is nowhere near as cleanly presented as Kodi/Subsonic libraries.

Currently - I have tons of one-off featured artists that have little to no presence in the music industry showing up under the album artists/artists headings within the music section. 

this is the only thing that stops me from using the emby music library at the moment.

thank you for considering.

Deathsquirrel

I find different people want to organize music by different tags.  If I could choose the groupings displayed in Emby that would be perfect.  Personally I just want genre and AlbumArtist.

The album artists tab does go by album artist tags.

As for the artists tab, you could just not click on it, right?

Happy2Play

I guess this would be a request to have options per library on what tabs are visible.

• Like 1

ginjaninja

IMO this would greatly improve the music library. I already have all metadata properly tagged with musicbrainz picard and unfortunately my emby library is nowhere near as cleanly presented as Kodi/Subsonic libraries.

Currently - I have tons of one-off featured artists that have little to no presence in the music industry showing up under the album artists/artists headings within the music section.

this is the only thing that stops me from using the emby music library at the moment.

thank you for considering.

in terms of what you click on artists/album artists i agree with luke.

the op must be getting at something else?

for me its an improvement that on the individual (album) artist view ..real albums are split from 'appears on' ..but this logic is not carried through when you open up 'all albums' for that (album) artist...there all jumbled together again.

also helpful to have albums in chronlogical order now btw, thats a welcome improvement.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

hey - sorry for delayed reply @@Luke blame the baby! I guess it's an issue on my end. I'll chalk it up to me being a pita. 

Edited by bry