Upgrading OS on VPS -- which to choose?

nicheplayer

nicheplayer

Upgrading from Debian Wheezy to something newer and am looking for advice/thoughts on which Linux distro would be best for running emby server, sabnzbd, etc. Just go for Ubuntu 18.04? Thanks.

Jdiesel

I have always run LTS versions of Ubuntu server. My reason, there seems to be the most documentation out there so when I need to do something I can usually track down an example or someone else who has already done the same. I've been on 16.04 for quite a while now and have been putting off upgrading to 18.04 because I don't want to break my system that is working well.

• Like 1

nicheplayer

I have always run LTS versions of Ubuntu server. My reason, there seems to be the most documentation out there so when I need to do something I can usually track down an example or someone else who has already done the same. I've been on 16.04 for quite a while now and have been putting off upgrading to 18.04 because I don't want to break my system that is working well.

Thanks for this reply. I've been stuck on an older version of emby server for months now because of my Linux version, so I figured it's time to get current. What could go wrong? ;-)