Music Video Scraper

PoBear

PenkethBoy

I think we have, several times!

I want you to use a source that has a wide range of content, which is not IMVDB and when it does a look-up, I want a match, subject to the constraints imposed by the OS for using characters and if there isn't one then for it returns a nil value and builds an entry based on the supplied artist name and video title. I'd like it to use the filename to do this and not the file structure.

If there isn't a match then it's down to me to adjust my content to fit.

What I don't want is a system that returns an incorrect value that bears no relationship whatsoever to the original entry.

What source exists other than IMVDB?

Api's generally respond with "something" rather than nothing - so then the problem is how to determine if the result is correct - difficult to do and even if you did have a way it would be unreliable so you would still have errors similar to what i think you get now

Your expectations are high - Emby do everything for me - which is fine - but we are not there yet and may not be for sometime - so manual intervention is needed as i have posted earlier in the thread will give you some of what you want but not all 

Guest asrequested

For you it is, but for 100,000s it isn't.

We've already proved in the other threads about your Shield, that the issue is the way you encode your videos.

This is the wrong thread, but Nvidia has confirmed it. It's a known issue.

Guest asrequested

Nope - as it does work - with limitations - which are mostly to do with IMVDB's lack of info - as there appears to be no other provider - you are stuck with what we have

As you dont want to do anything to your media structure/naming then thats not going to change

What i find odd is that you "love" messing around with MPV and changing things but cant be ar8ed to do the same for you MV's

This is why i said stop moaning about it - as the coding fairies are not going to magically fix it for you.

It doesn't work, and I now understand that this will never be addressed. So I'm not wasting any more time on this.

CBers

This is the wrong thread, but Nvidia has confirmed it. It's a known issue.

Wrong thread, but confirmed what?

Guest asrequested

Wrong thread, but confirmed what?

I gave them a sample a long time ago. They confirmed that they couldn't play it on their equipment, but could on other GPUs. Plus there are a bunch of people on here reporting that they can't play the HDR. It's a common problem.

CBers

I gave them a sample a long time ago. They confirmed that they couldn't play it on their equipment, but could on other GPUs. Plus there are a bunch of people on here reporting that they can't play the HDR. It's a common problem.

As we tested and confirmed months ago, it is the way you encode your content.

Guest asrequested

As we tested and confirmed months ago, it is the way you encode your content.

I have direct disc rips that haven't been altered, that have the same problem. CUDA has known issues with HDR. I don't encode any HDR content. And no testing confirmed anything except that CUDA is the problem.

Edited by Doofus

What source exists other than IMVDB?

I've already suggested using a music DB and not an MV one.

I've used the APIs on theaudiodb and MusicBrainz and both return nil values if the search results in no hits.

Guest asrequested

What metadata would you want from a music db?

Here's an example. 

A Million On My Soul by Alexiane.

It isn't on IMVDB, but is on Musicbrainz

Using the artist and song title, would be good. Just so it identifies, correctly.

Of course there will always be discrepancies, but using IMVDB increases them, a great deal.

All I want is correct identification, and not have to pick through hundreds of videos and correct them.

Tremas

I would suggest the essential metadata for music videos (from any provider) are title, artist, and release date (year). That’s the table stakes.

From there you would want the following (in order of usefulness): genre, album, album art, director.

Everything else is gravy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spaceboy

I think we have, several times!

I want you to use a source that has a wide range of content, which is not IMVDB and when it does a look-up, I want a match, subject to the constraints imposed by the OS for using characters and if there isn't one then for it returns a nil value and builds an entry based on the supplied artist name and video title. I'd like it to use the filename to do this and not the file structure.

If there isn't a match then it's down to me to adjust my content to fit.

What I don't want is a system that returns an incorrect value that bears no relationship whatsoever to the original entry.

well disabled imvdb and raise your feature request for your new provider
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

thr only thing common to these problems is you...
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

Lol...sure, sure.

well you keep talking about these other emby users and that nvidia are aware but you’ve produced very little in the way of evidence. @@CBers has provided you with some samples yet you are yet to do the same with some samples where you have problems. You moan like several people at once but that’s not the same thing

Guest asrequested

well you keep talking about these other emby users and that nvidia are aware but you’ve produced very little in the way of evidence. @@CBers has provided you with some samples yet you are yet to do the same with some samples where you have problems. You moan like several people at once but that’s not the same thing

Well, I did post the email that Nvidia sent me. I have posted a video that several people tested and couldn't play. But it's a while ago.

Spaceboy

So post it again? I’m sure you have the bandwidth. People are genuinely offering to help you but it feels like you are refusing that help because you may realise you were wrong

Guest asrequested

So post it again? I’m sure you have the bandwidth. People are genuinely offering to help you but it feels like you are refusing that help because you may realise you were wrong

I'm intending to share another example. I just have a bunch of things I'm in the middle of. You seem to think I'm being difficult, but I'm just busy. I get that you don't like me. That's fine, but I do have life to attend to, also.

CBers

Well, I did post the email that Nvidia sent me. I have posted a video that several people tested and couldn't play. But it's a while ago.

I think once @@PenkethBoy re-encoded it, it played fine, but when you have a chance to supply an updated sample, we can try again.

Spaceboy

I'm intending to share another example. I just have a bunch of things I'm in the middle of. You seem to think I'm being difficult, but I'm just busy. I get that you don't like me. That's fine, but I do have life to attend to, also.

ok last word on the topic then. It’s not that I don’t like you, however what I definitely don’t like is you crying and stamping your feet like a toddler, read back through the thread if you like it’s quite embarrassing. Whilst simultaneously supplying almost nothing in assistance to those people that are willing to work with you to solve your issues. Rather than respond to this, spend the 2 minutes it will take to run ffmpeg against one of your problem files, create a sample and post it here. You might then get some support.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
gillmacca

Need some advice. Whatever I search for seems to come back with no results, although the videos are in IMVDB. I'm probably using the wrong search term.

e.g The Beatles - Can't buy me Love - 1963.

I have put the year in the year box, but no matter what combination I put in title, it comes back with no results

Can anyone advise?