Music Video Scraper

PoBear

Guest asrequested

Apologies. I'm at work, right now. I will give more details when I'm able.

OMFG! I just looked at my music video library in the Android app. The whole library has changed. The whole library has messed up the way I had it. Everything is mislabeled and wrong! All the folder art that I manually added, has gone! Grrrrrrrrr!

I'm so tired of fixing this!

PenkethBoy

For reference - following what i posted earlier about folders - sub folders and naming

5be1e78b77584_Capture.jpg

5be1e79b58b00_Capture2.jpg

Gives

5be1e7adbadbd_Capture3.jpg

and

5be1e7bd944da_Capture4.jpg

Ignore the CSS changes

• Like 1

So I have spent the afternoon playing around with this.

First I disabled the IMVDB look-up and restarted the server. Didn't make any difference to the entries being shown. However, incorrectly defined entries seem to have stopped.

All I can say is that there is no consistency from one directory to another.

So I fixed one directory by moving it out of my Music Video directory, refreshing the library, moving it back and refreshing again, there were no changes to the contents of the directory. I tried this with the A-Ha directory and it did not work.

For the A-Ha directory, at one point I have had an entry for the first video in the directory but incorrectly named with multiple entries in it, the same without multiple entries and even an entry for A-Ha but not the video name

Eventually, I fixed the A-Ha directory problem after about five attempts, I applied the same fix to another problem directory and it worked, tried a third and it didn't,

I tried moving a directory that was working out, it has similar file entries to the A-Ha library before I fixed it so I expected it to fail when I moved it back it but it worked.

At the moment I seem to be in a situation where I need to apply individual fixes from a range of choices to each directory to get it to work, but adding or deleting a video can change the fix that is actually needed.

Thanks

PenkethBoy

One other thing to check is what if any Metadata you have in your videos - i generally just add Genres - which Emby will read - and remove the rest

Guest asrequested

So let me understand this. We are expected to manually go through hundreds, maybe thousands of videos and create individual folders for each video. Pfffttttt! Good luck with that. Not gonna happen! That's so bad.

Next question. How do I force the library to do what I want?

As I see it the problem is that there appear to be multiple ways to define the entries to get them to appear in the Emby catalogue, however, whether they work or not appears to be dependant on the content. This shouldnt be the case, either there should be one way only or if there are multiple ways then they should all work consitently.

PenkethBoy

So let me understand this. We are expected to manually go through hundreds, maybe thousands of videos and create individual folders for each video. Pfffttttt! Good luck with that. Not gonna happen! That's so bad.

Next question. How do I force the library to do what I want?

A simple script would do that for you - only a small minor issue - that can be solved easily

Guest asrequested

I'm simply not going to change my folder structure. Other than being and absolute nightmare to do, I just don't want my folders that way. When I look at the artist folder, I want to have all my videos in one place, and not have to open and close individual folders. That's just insane. I can't protest enough about this! I need to break how this works!

PenkethBoy

yawn

You wanted a way for it to work (might be others) - you have one

But if you want to find reasons to not do stuff - bang your head against the wall 

See ya!

• Like 1

Spaceboy

I'm simply not going to change my folder structure. Other than being and absolute nightmare to do, I just don't want my folders that way. When I look at the artist folder, I want to have all my videos in one place, and not have to open and close individual folders. That's just insane. I can't protest enough about this! I need to break how this works!

file2folder gui,

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Doofus, the required directory doesn't make sense, you are are using the structure rather than the data to define the results and there really shouldn't be multiple ways of defining the data , especially such wildly different ways, it suggests that the scraper (forgive me) is badly coded.

PenkethBoy

Sorry but there are multiple supported structures for some libraries to account for diff user preference - in this case not some much - but easy to fix if you can be bothered

PenkethBoy

Screw it! I just won't use emby for music videos. I'll find something else.

LOL - you gave up easily

Sorry but there are multiple supported structures for some libraries to account for diff user preference - in this case not some much - but easy to fix if you can be bothered

But they don't work consistently! What I have found is that what works in one directory (artist) is no guarantee that it will work in another.

Guest asrequested

LOL - you gave up easily

Well, I've been bleating about this for a long time. And it's gotten worse, to the point that today I find that all of my customization has all gone. I spent a lot of time looking for images that I wanted. I even altered some of the images to my liking. And now it's all gone. I'm just not going to fight it, anymore. It's nothing like I want it to be, so I have no choice but to bail out, and look for something else. I'm going to look for a music player that will give something closer to what I want. So much for having all my media in one place :(

Forgive me but why would that be relevant if you are using the directory structure?

I don't define any metadata in the files, some are downloads from sites such as YouTube but most are recordings from TV programmes.

Guest asrequested

I'm testing this individual folder business. Crap! Just crap! When there's no IMVDB entry for it, it just picks the closest one it thinks it is. Which is wrong! As I said before, it doesn't work. This is so annoying! I have videos that are unreleased cover versions. Not official videos. But the server is just calling them whatever it feels like. If there isn't an exact match to artist folder name and the video file name, it should do nothing and let us know there wasn't an exact match. Most of my videos probably won't have IMVDB IDs.