Music Video Scraper

PoBear

Hi

I am having real problems with the scraper for music videos.

I have about 1200 videos and about a 1/3 are not showing in Emby either as a group folder or as individual songs.

Probably another third have been incorrectly catalogued, I expected a problem with this as I have a lot of videos recorded directly from TV programmes but I am still getting false results for videos that are in IMVDB.

I even have had a situation where two videos of the same song, identical filename; one was an AVI and the other an MP4 were incorrectly catalogued as two completely different songs, again there was an entry of the video in IMVDB!

Is it really this bad and is there anything I can do to improve the situation?

Thanks

OK

I have a directory labelled A-Ha it contains the following video files

A-Ha - Take On Me [TOTP].mp4

A-Ha - Take On Me.mp4

A-Ha - The Living Daylights.avi

A-HA - The Sun Always Shines On TV [Live].avi

A-Ha - The Sun Always Shines On TV [TOTP].mp4

A-Ha - The Sun Always Shines On TV.avi

None of these videos are catalogued in Emby, Take On Me and The Living Daylights have entries in IMVDB.

Des'ree - You Gotta Be is catalogued as Des'ree - Life even though there is an IMVDB entry.

The Waterboys - The Whole Of The Moon.avi is catalogued as  The Mercy Beat - The The (there is no entry in IMVDB so why doesn't it default to filename as it has done for others)

Pat Benatar - Love is a Battlefield.flv - listed as ​POLO - ​Project Pat the video is in IMVDB

Thanks

Guest asrequested

If they all start with the same name, they'll show up as one. Try putting the artist name in brackets or parentheses.

Guest asrequested

As for imvdb, I've stopped using it. It gets many of mine totally wrong. So I just make sure I've named mine correctly.

MikePlanet

As for imvdb, I've stopped using it. It gets many of mine totally wrong. So I just make sure I've named mine correctly.

I have also disabled imvdb, after I tested it here. It was even changing manually edited metadata artists to wrong ones after scraping ...

Catalogued means that they show up in Emby under Music Videos.

You say if they all have the same artist name the will appear as one entry but I have my Adele videos defined in the same way and they have all been added correctly.

I can fix the mis-identification although it is a pain to have to do it but if they are not actually being added in the first place like the A-Ha videos then I can't do anything with them!

I have also disabled imvdb, after I tested it here. It was even changing manually edited metadata artists to wrong ones after scraping ...

How did you turn IMVDB off?

Thanks

Happy2Play

I have a directory labelled A-Ha it contains the following video files

A-Ha - Take On Me [TOTP].mp4

A-Ha - Take On Me.mp4

A-Ha - The Living Daylights.avi

A-HA - The Sun Always Shines On TV [Live].avi

A-Ha - The Sun Always Shines On TV [TOTP].mp4

A-Ha - The Sun Always Shines On TV.avi

Do to the naming scheme they are grouped (multi version).

5be107f9dc2fc_version.jpg

Do to the naming scheme they are grouped (multi version).

5be107f9dc2fc_version.jpg

I can only say what I have said before, I don't have anything appearing for A-ha, a single entry or many and I have the following for Adele

Adele - Baby It's You

Adele - Chasing Pavements [TOTP]

Adele - Chasing Pavements

Adele - Cold Shoulder

Adele - Hello

Adele - Make You Feel My Love

Adele - Rolling In The Deep [Later]

Adele - Rolling In the Deep

And these have all been added as single entries in a folder named Adele, so it is not consistent.

I've done some more testing on the A-Ha directory.

So I managed to re-create the one entry wuith multiple files that was described in a previous post, however, mine did not include all of the files in the directory, I then managed to get one of the videos listed as a single entry on it's own but another video defined in exactly the same way is not listed and neither are any of the other files in the directory.

PenkethBoy

It does work - you however need to name your files correctly

MusicVideos\Artist\video name\video name.mp4

video name - do not include the artist name

video name must match exactly the imvdb entry - then the plugin picks it up - dont expect much metadata to be downloaded as its limited on imvdb

Guest asrequested

If you only have one song in the artist folder, it shows as the song title and not the artist. To name just one of several ways in which it doesn't work.