Multiple Live TV Tuners, double channels

manolodf

Spaceboy
17 hours ago, Luke said:

Why do you think this is the case? I think it matches the channels just fine, and I've resolved previous issues you've reported. If you have more examples then please open a new topic and i'll be happy to address them as well. Thanks.

i just tried to map the emby guide data to my m3u

image.thumb.png.64a615b459f76ed0332f4afa77b1bf60.png

9 out of the first 24 channels mapped correctly, 38%. and these are the most popular channels. i imagine the success rate will go down significantly if i looked further down the list.

quite far off fine IMO

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Spaceboy said:

9 out of the first 24 channels mapped correctly, 38%. and these are the most popular channels. i imagine the success rate will go down significantly if i looked further down the list.

quite far off fine IMO

I guess we'd have to stop looking at channel number in order to avoid some of those.

• Agree 1

EODCrafter
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

I guess we'd have to stop looking at channel number in order to avoid some of those.

Channel Number is meaningless with IPTV. Although, after I map everything with IPTVBoss, it works. Everything is sync'd prior to Emby.

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter
1 hour ago, Spaceboy said:

quite far off fine IMO

At least now, you can (un-map) those to a "dummy" channel. Before, it was a EXTREME nightmare.

Spaceboy

hey at least there are tools to help with mapping now outside of emby now. i havent had to use emby mapping at all. pre xteve it was a several day process using excel 🤯

• Haha 1

EODCrafter
2 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

hey at least there are tools to help with mapping now outside of emby now. i havent had to use emby mapping at all. pre xteve it was a several day process using excel 🤯

Boss, with Paid EPG, maps about 98% of it Auto.

• Agree 1

A TV application that requires using 3rd party tools to work in a reasonable way is poor by design. I'm afraid to say that, but it's an inevitable truth.

Edited by softworkz
  • Agree 1

Spaceboy
14 minutes ago, softworkz said:

A TV application that requires using 3rd party tools to work in a reasonable way is poor by design. I'm afraid to say that, but it's an inevitable truth.

no-one is arguing that - but what choice do we have?

8 hours ago, Luke said:

Ok that settles it then, at least for m3u tuners. Thanks.

Keep in mind some m3u files point to hardware so it's not a m3u vs hardware tuner issue.

It really needs to be an option as you may want to use channel mapping pulling m3u files from Vbox, Enigma, NextPVR, ChannelsPVR or possibly even xTeVe or m3u4u.  Some people might use outside utils to map channels to a specific listing such as DirecTV which then would be beneficial to use.

Any chance you could make all matching options configurable?  That would allow stationID/CallSign only if you wanted or Channel Number only if you've mapped things outside of Emby.  It would make Emby Server more powerful in what can be done and surely easier to pre-configure when working with multiple tuners and multiple EPGs as often has to be done.

I do think any m3u tuner should have channel # matching off by default (but should be able to be turned back on).

4 hours ago, softworkz said:

3 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

no-one is arguing that - but what choice do we have?

I agree with both comments, but it is what it is at this point. Short of replacing the TV section with some other software "standing by" it's better to get any quick changes Luke is able to make into a beta and next release.

The latest round of changes helped a lot, so refining it a bit more with matching choices would be beneficial, low impact and probably a quick change. 

Spaceboy
10 hours ago, cayars said:

The latest round of changes helped a lot, so refining it a bit more with matching choices would be beneficial, low impact and probably a quick change. 

honestly, IMO this is a waste of time. Any serious IPTV user has found the alternative (free) options by now. you're not convincing them to use emby for this function unless you can at least match them, if not exceed them. matching is only one of the areas in which the alternatives are better.

returning to the actual topic of this thread - the solution was coded 2 years ago by softworkz. just get on and release it please

• Agree 2

That's most excellent Luke!

It's going to help a lot with matching and will save some support time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
darrenkdean

Jumping in on this thread with a follow up question.  We've @hooray4me been testing with xteve this week & after a few hours, have channel categories, channel ordering, color channel logos, & full EPG guide imported & working in Emby, via xteve.  That was brutal.  The trick for us was to have the m3u editor inject dumby epg data into xteve, & allow Emby Server to correct the EPG guide data provided by the iptv provider.  Emby did its job beautifully.

Before I spend another 5 hours with trial & error on this, I'm curious: if I were to add a 2nd m3u tuner in Emby (2nd xteve instance on different port), with an identical set of channels with only an updated username & password in the m3u link (all other things held constant), how would Emby handle this?  Would it combine it into a single channel with twice the tuner capacity?  Would it show as two separate channels & I would need to allocate by tuner thru user profiles?

Appreciate the guidance on this.

Best-

Edited by darrenkdean

EODCrafter
8 hours ago, darrenkdean said:

Would it combine it into a single channel with twice the tuner capacity?

It won't do this. This is what were asking for it to do. (See: Name of Thread) With the new updates in Live TV, I would guess it would just add a complete new set of channels starting at the end of the 1st list and double your guide/channel listing. I don't have two duplicate m3u's to test, I suggest that you test. It would be very easy to just delete the second one.

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter
8 hours ago, darrenkdean said:

I would need to allocate by tuner thru user profiles?

This can be done by Playlist/Tuner? Hmm, never saw this but never really explored it. Looks to me it's all or nothing....image.png.3ec5e32a15941114c894ec36910f9f88.png

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

You can however, do this in TV Headend.....

_User Profile_

image.png.29ed4de1be0cb74acc321523531fc13b.png

_Networks_

image.png.9f8b5e902971290321995dbfa8fa3018.png

Edited by EODCrafter

On 1/23/2019 at 7:34 AM, pir8radio said:

but how do you tell it source 1 is allowed 5 streams, source two is allowed 3 streams and source 3 is only allowed 1 stream..    so emby knows it has 9 streams available.   This is the issue.   not merging same channels into one...  its emby properly handling these merged channels, and not overstepping your stream limit on any one of them.     

so m3u source 1 has 5, and when all 5 streams are in use it knows to start using source 2.   

NextPVR

you can do all that without problems, I tried all of them and the one that gave me the best results was NPVR

• Like 1

EODCrafter
19 hours ago, greengo said:

NextPVR

you can do all that without problems, I tried all of them and the one that gave me the best results was NPVR

Got it up and running on Docker and bought the $6.99 Google App. I will report back.

3 hours ago, EODCrafter said:

Got it up and running on Docker and bought the $6.99 Google App. I will report back.

I use npvr server in background and to play the channels I use the nvpr plugin on emby.

image.png.1ad42963720e786b704e0785abf9a24d.png

Edited by greengo

EODCrafter
25 minutes ago, greengo said:

I use npvr server in background and to play the channels I use the nvpr plugin on emby.

The same exact streams on TiviMate & Emby that play flawlessly are buffering on NextPVR.

EODCrafter
1 hour ago, greengo said:

The same exact streams on TiviMate & Emby that play flawlessly are buffering on NextPVR.

I added the Plugin to Emby and this is what I get. Supposed to be 102 channels 🤣

image.png.3e3257e9a39baec42e5a8e570a29284f.png

darrenkdean
On 12/1/2022 at 5:28 AM, EODCrafter said:

It won't do this. This is what were asking for it to do. (See: Name of Thread) With the new updates in Live TV, I would guess it would just add a complete new set of channels starting at the end of the 1st list and double your guide/channel listing. I don't have two duplicate m3u's to test, I suggest that you test. It would be very easy to just delete the second one.

You were correct.  Hopped on to our test container last night & added the 2nd tuner, via a 2nd xteve container.  Exact same channel line up, channels numbers, epg-id, etc.  Showed duplicate channels.

• Like 1