Multiple Live TV Tuners, double channels

manolodf

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
IkeTaylor11

Not yet, sorry.

Back in January this year, you said this was going to happen in 2019. It is now almost the end of September with nothing being changed and as far as I can tell nothing on the horizon. When are you going to make good on your promise? 

5d7fc6198a138_channel_management.png

IkeTaylor11

Every source in DVBLink has ONE stream limit. Remember this !!!

If you need more, just add the same source to DVBLink and DVBLink will merge those two same sources automatically into one channel. DVBLink also controls your stream sharing.

5c4875c3ce791_Sources.png

The colors you assign to a source, you will see back in the colors of the channel names in the Channel Merge tab.

So if you have source ONE, with 5 stream limit, you just ADD 5 iptv sources in DVBLink with m3u from source ONE.

(DVBLink iptv source => Source ONE - connection 1)

(DVBLink iptv source => Source ONE - connection 2)

(DVBLink iptv source => Source ONE - connection 3)

(DVBLink iptv source => Source ONE - connection 4)

(DVBLink iptv source => Source ONE - connection 5)

For source TWO, with 3 stream limit, just add 3 iptv sources in DVBLink with m3u of source TWO.

(DVBLink iptv source => Source TWO - connection 1)

(DVBLink iptv source => Source TWO - connection 2)

(DVBLink iptv source => Source TWO - connection 3)

For source THREE, with 1 stream limit, just add 1 iptv source in DVBLink with m3u of source THREE

(DVBLink iptv source => Source THREE - connection 1)

DVBLink can than merge the same channels from source ONE, TWO, THREE into ONE channel automatically or you can do it manually.

So your setup in Channel Merge tab is gonna look like this:

Main branch Channel A

|_ channel A (Source ONE - connection 1)

|_ channel A (Source ONE - connection 2)

|_ channel A (Source ONE - connection 3)

|_ channel A (Source ONE - connection 4)

|_ channel A (Source ONE - connection 5)

|_ channel A (Source TWO - connection 1)

|_ channel A (Source TWO - connection 2)

|_ channel A (Source TWO - connection 3)

|_ channel A (Source THREE - connection 1)

So if a user is watching channel A, DVBLink sends channel A (Source ONE - connection 1) to the user. If next user kicks in watching channel B, DVBLink sends channel B (Source ONE - connection 2) and if next user kicks in watching channel C, DVBLink sends channel C (Source ONE - connection 3) etc. DVBLink uses the order of the Merged Channel Branch which source to use FIRST and because every source (in DVBLink) has 1 stream limit, it just looks into the available sources which are free for that channel, following the branch from top to bottom. If all 9 DVBLink sources are in use, than DVBLink will send a stream to that user, containing a short movie displaying "All tuners are occupied".

Regarding DVBLink stream sharing, If user 1, 2, 3, 4 are watching same channel A, DVBLink will only use ONE connection to your IPTV provider and streams shares channel A to those 4 users with only one connection to your iptv provider.

Senna I'm looking to do exactly what you described above but had a couple questions. Once I setup all the sources and channels in DVBLink how do it get the channel list into Emby? Also, I want to be able to map each channel from DVBLink to Emby Guide Data, is this possible? 

Senna I'm looking to do exactly what you described above but had a couple questions. Once I setup all the sources and channels in DVBLink how do it get the channel list into Emby? Also, I want to be able to map each channel from DVBLink to Emby Guide Data, is this possible?

On family holiday, so a short answer for now.

First, an important note, that DVBLink already existed before IPTV (as how it is now) existed, so don’t expect extended (plus) m3u format support in DVBLink. That’s why they created TVMosaic....

Standard M3U export is possible from DVBLink, search for it on DVBLink forum (remember the holiday hint why I don’t provide more info).

For using Emby guide data, you will have to find out yourself, what tags you have to add manually to that exported STANDARD m3u, to let Emby match most channels automatically.

Prepare yourself for a lot of manual editing by going the DVBLink route if you want to use Emby for it.

In my Home situation I leave Emby out of it and use the PVR in MrMC as the only reliable front end for DVBLink, because in Kodi using the DVBLink PVR can cause unexpected errors with sources not closing correctly, keeping them occupied... They didn’t fix that for the interaction between DVBLink Server <> DVBLink PVR in Kodi and used that as excuse to force people to upgrade to TVMosiac, where they fixed that issue.(for more info search DVBLink forum)

So story short, using Emby with DVBLink is not as easy as you think and is also not meant to be used that way.

• Like 1

EODCrafter

On family holiday, so a short answer for now.

First, an important note, that DVBLink already existed before IPTV (as how it is now) existed, so don’t expect extended (plus) m3u format support in DVBLink. That’s why they created TVMosaic....

Standard M3U export is possible from DVBLink, search for it on DVBLink forum (remember the holiday hint why I don’t provide more info).

For using Emby guide data, you will have to find out yourself, what tags you have to add manually to that exported STANDARD m3u, to let Emby match most channels automatically.

Prepare yourself for a lot of manual editing by going the DVBLink route if you want to use Emby for it.

In my Home situation I leave Emby out of it and use the PVR in MrMC as the only reliable front end for DVBLink, because in Kodi using the DVBLink PVR can cause unexpected errors with sources not closing correctly, keeping them occupied... They didn’t fix that for the interaction between DVBLink Server <> DVBLink PVR in Kodi and used that as excuse to force people to upgrade to TVMosiac, where they fixed that issue.(for more info search DVBLink forum)

So story short, using Emby with DVBLink is not as easy as you think and is also not meant to be used that way.

TV Headend will work fine.

• 1 month later...
lindnjoe

Really? Maybe hire more programmers then? Kinda pathetic to just keep saying you’re trying to get free to do this and the same generic responses. It really takes almost a year to code these changes or find time? So glad I pay for this. Maybe just come out and say piss off we aren’t going to do it instead of “soon”. Do you know the definition of “soon”. Honesty, try it.

EODCrafter

Really? Maybe hire more programmers then? Kinda pathetic to just keep saying you’re trying to get free to do this and the same generic responses. It really takes almost a year to code these changes or find time? So glad I pay for this. Maybe just come out and say piss off we aren’t going to do it instead of “soon”. Do you know the definition of “soon”. Honesty, try it.

Not a Year...This has been addressed for 3 YEARS!

5dc71f3f0bb3e_Capture.png

Edited by EODCrafter

• 1 month later...
IkeTaylor11

I'm working hard to get myself freed up for this. Thanks for the feedback.

Luke you promised this would happen by the end of 2019. 3 days left. Are you going to make good on your promise or is this gonna fall by the wayside like so many other promises Emby has made?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

IkeTaylor11

We're going as fast as we can to make everyone as happy as possible. Thanks for the feedback.

You didn’t answer the question though. Are you going to make good on your promise or not?

• Like 1

pir8radio

You didn’t answer the question though. Are you going to make good on your promise or not?

Don't get me wrong, I'm the first to want this lol, but where did he promise by the end of the year?   I only see "expand our channel management features" this year.

Edited by pir8radio

kanipek

Don't get me wrong, I'm the first to want this lol, but where did he promise by the end of the year?   I only see "expand our channel management features" this year.

See posts 68, 70 and 71 in this very thread

• Like 2

EODCrafter

Sad....I quit using Emby for Live TV due to the Major issues and started using TiviMate. Guess my license will be there when he gets around to it. Just really unusable in it's current form.

Even with xTeVe, Emby still takes 3-5 seconds to load a channel, doesn't sound like much but it really makes it painful to watch.

Best fix would be to be able to force Emby to just literally Play the Channel, no remux, no transcode...just play the Stream like TiviMate does.

If you @@Luke could just fix that, that would go a long way for Emby and Live TV.

Here's Zapping with TiviMate...we all know how Emby performs  :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvhraJZ_pMQ

Edited by EODCrafter

pir8radio

Sad....I quit using Emby for Live TV due to the Major issues and started using TiviMate. Guess my license will be there when he gets around to it. Just really unusable in it's current form.

Even with xTeVe, Emby still takes 3-5 seconds to load a channel, doesn't sound like much but it really makes it painful to watch.

Best fix would be to be able to force Emby to just literally Play the Channel, no remux, no transcode...just play the Stream like TiviMate does.

If you @@Luke could just fix that, that would go a long way for Emby and Live TV.

Here's Zapping with TiviMate...we all know how Emby performs :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvhraJZ_pMQ

Weird. My Emby tv comes right up lately. I’ll add a video tonight.

EODCrafter

Weird. My Emby tv comes right up lately. I’ll add a video tonight.

I'll try it again....I think it just updated....Nope....still the same 6-7 turns of the Spinning Blue Circle then channel finally plays.

Emby Server on Windows 10 PC, Emby Client Nvidia Shield Hard-Wired LAN on Both. IPTV Prime Streams.

I think it's buffering in transcoding Temp to allow rewind which I could live without for better channel changing....

Edited by EODCrafter

pir8radio

I'll try it again....I think it just updated....Nope....still the same 6-7 turns of the Spinning Blue Circle then channel finally plays.

Emby Server on Windows 10 PC, Emby Client Nvidia Shield Hard-Wired LAN on Both. IPTV Prime Streams.

I think it's buffering in transcoding Temp to allow rewind which I could live without for better channel changing....

No I have the buffering on too. I need to pause for snacks. I’ll confirm when I get home. I though it has been surprisingly fast lately.

pir8radio

@@EODCrafter Here is my shield tuning into a US IPTV channel on my server. I have transcoding on so I can pause. Foreign channels take a little longer to tune because  my projector has to change scan rate.  But all of my US channels tune this quickly.  Usually never see more than 3 or 4 spins of the ol' loading circle. 

Video Download

Edited by pir8radio

EODCrafter

@@EODCrafter Here is my shield tuning into a US IPTV channel on my server. I have transcoding on so I can pause. Foreign channels take a little longer to tune because  my projector has to change scan rate.  But all of my US channels tune this quickly.  Usually never see more than 3 or 4 spins of the ol' loading circle. 

Video Download

Video doesn't work but 3-4 spins is still bad compared to TiviMate....I could probably improve to that if I had better processor...I have old Intel I3 :( . Still doesn't explain why TiviMate is almost instantaneous. I just want Emby to be able to not touch the Streams, just direct Play them OOB...so to speak. A on/off switch would be nice.