Multiple Live TV Tuners, double channels

manolodf

IkeTaylor11

Video doesn't work but 3-4 spins is still bad compared to TiviMate....I could probably improve to that if I had better processor...I have old Intel I3 :( . Still doesn't explain why TiviMate is almost instantaneous. I just want Emby to be able to not touch the Streams, just direct Play them OOB...so to speak. A on/off switch would be nice.

What device are you using for playback? The android app has a live tv section of settings. You can turn on direct play for live tv. It will disable the ff/rwd and direct play the steam instead of transcode it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You didn’t answer the question though.

You aren’t replying either, on responses from users to your questions, but hey, that seems to be a problem with most of you guys from over the pond ;-D
  • Like 2

pir8radio

Video doesn't work but 3-4 spins is still bad compared to TiviMate....I could probably improve to that if I had better processor...I have old Intel I3 :( . Still doesn't explain why TiviMate is almost instantaneous. I just want Emby to be able to not touch the Streams, just direct Play them OOB...so to speak. A on/off switch would be nice.

Right click and save as with my Video link. I bet it’s faster or same as tivimate. [emoji4] Keep in mind that my server is not in my house so all of my connections are over the Internet. That should be even faster if your server is in your house.        But anyway, getting off topic i guess...          Live TV Tuners, double channels...  lol

5e0b57b45c123_ezgif7a8981fba4747.gif

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1

EODCrafter

Right click and save as with my Video link. I bet it’s faster or same as tivimate. [emoji4] Keep in mind that my server is not in my house so all of my connections are over the Internet. That should be even faster if your server is in your house.        But anyway, getting off topic i guess...          Live TV Tuners, double channels...  lol

5e0b57b45c123_ezgif7a8981fba4747.gif

True..offtopic, but I guess the real topic is whether Luke will EVER address Live TV issues.

No matter what you set it too, Emby will always make a Ton of "files" in transcode-temp...Your Video shows Zapping 1 Channel lol, hardly a fair test.

Edited by EODCrafter

pir8radio

True..offtopic, but I guess the real topic is whether Luke will EVER address Live TV issues.

No matter what you set it too, Emby will always make a Ton of "files" in transcode-temp...Your Video shows Zapping 1 Channel lol, hardly a fair test.

It was hard enough to upload that size of video lol..   But all of my US IPTV channels react the same. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
EODCrafter

so.......Soon?  This will be the bomb upgrade. For Emby to move to next tuner with IPTV (NON HDHomerun) tuners.  Plz Man!!

We are working as hard as we can...Future Release....Meanwhile FREE TV Headend serves this function just fine.

Edited by EODCrafter

pir8radio

We are working as hard as we can...Future Release....Meanwhile FREE TV Headend serves this function just fine.

I didnt think that installed on windows?

IkeTaylor11

I didnt think that installed on windows?

Windows subsystm for Linux. Works very well on my server.

I can get you the link for the instructions if you want. Once the kiddo goes to bed later.

Edited by IkeTaylor11
  • Like 2

IkeTaylor11

@@pir8radio the instructions are below. But, unlike what it says in the article I could only get it stable using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and the stable release of TVH. 

Install WSL on Windows 10: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10

Open the Microsoft Store and search for Ubuntu 18.04, install it

Install TVH in the Ubuntu shell: https://tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/38600

Now, because I was a noob to linux when I did this I set my WSL environment to run as root by default. Can't remember how to do this, just google it. If you want TVH to start automatically you will need a sceduled task to do it. I have mine set to run on any user login, my server auto logs in because it is headless(no monitor). 

Task settings are: 

Action: Start a Program

Program/Script: C:\Windows\System32\bash.exe

Add arguements: -c "sudo service tvheadend start"

If you did everything correctly you should be able to access TVH at http://localhost:9981

IkeTaylor11

Make your Ubuntu user hts ....Will save you a lot of headaches :)

Yeah that’s the user it runs under. I couldn’t figure out the scheduled task to make it work without being prompted for a password each time.

EODCrafter

Yeah that’s the user it runs under. I couldn’t figure out the scheduled task to make it work without being prompted for a password each time.

You have to edit the SuperDoer's file....1 sec I'll google it.....

• 11 months later...

If they are like channels (ie multiple HDHomeRun Primes) you won't get the duplication of channels as Emby will see the channels as the same station.

If you mix a Quatro (OTA) and a Prime (cable) for example your local ABC will show up twice since these are "different".

In the next major version of Live TV you can manually stack these channels so only one ABC channel will show and Live TV will be able to use the station from either tuner.

mcwalker179
22 hours ago, cayars said:

If they are like channels (ie multiple HDHomeRun Primes) you won't get the duplication of channels as Emby will see the channels as the same station.

If you mix a Quatro (OTA) and a Prime (cable) for example your local ABC will show up twice since these are "different".

In the next major version of Live TV you can manually stack these channels so only one ABC channel will show and Live TV will be able to use the station from either tuner.

Thanks for the information. If the mix is two M3U tuners, will the channels duplicate or stack?  Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Juansito

Was the multiple iptv account thing ever added?

iptv hosts are restricting connections more than ever now. I need to add multiple tuners and combine the connections.

Is this a possibility yet?

pir8radio
Just now, Juansito said:

iptv hosts are restricting connections more than ever now. I need to add multiple tuners and combine the connections.

No

IkeTaylor11
1 minute ago, Juansito said:

Not that I know of. I ended up using tvheadend behind Emby to solve this issue. Little more setup but once you have it going it’s very smooth. 

• Like 1

Juansito
Just now, IkeTaylor11 said:

Not that I know of. I ended up using tvheadend behind Emby to solve this issue. Little more setup but once you have it going it’s very smooth. 

You mean the tvbeadend plug-in?

you have a tutorial?

pir8radio
Just now, Juansito said:

Dang!

What solution you using?

I’m just using one account with 5 concurrent streams.   I’m patiently waiting for the new live tv features.  

Juansito
Just now, pir8radio said:

I’m just using one account with 5 concurrent streams.   I’m patiently waiting for the new live tv features.  

I’ve read the whole thread. It’s been like 5 years since this was first brought up I doubt it’s gonna happen lol 

I mean I hope it does but I doubt it