mataus

Hi all,

I have a router running latest Advanced tomato firmware and PIA VPN running on it.

I would like to run a script to enable Port Forwarding to the Port PIA provides me so I can access the Emby server remotely.

However after searching the internet I am still no clearer on how to achieve this.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Edited by mataus

mastrmind11

Hi all,

I have a router running latest Advanced tomato firmware and PIA VPN running on it.

I would like to run a script to enable Port Forwarding to the Port PIA provides me so I can access the Emby server remotely.

However after searching the internet I am still no clearer on how to achieve this.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

If it's not a static port, (which it sounds like it isnt), a lot of VPN providers will assign a static port if you ask (and most times pay) for it.  Otherwise I don't believe it's possible unless you have access to your router's shell and above average scripting abilities.

Edited by mastrmind11

I use PIA and you can select port forwarding and it gives you a port number. It's easy enough to do on the GUI on downloaded windows PIA software. I was wondering whether these settings could be put in a script in tomato firmware on my router?