2 replies to this topic

#1 mataus OFFLINE  

mataus

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 02:15 PM

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:04 PM

Hi all,

I have a router running latest Advanced tomato firmware and PIA VPN running on it.

I would like to run a script to enable Port Forwarding to the Port PIA provides me so I can access the Emby server remotely.

However after searching the internet I am still no clearer on how to achieve this.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Edited by mataus, 05 October 2018 - 12:04 PM.

#2 mastrmind11 OFFLINE  

mastrmind11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2774 posts
  • Local time: 10:15 AM
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

Hi all,

I have a router running latest Advanced tomato firmware and PIA VPN running on it.

I would like to run a script to enable Port Forwarding to the Port PIA provides me so I can access the Emby server remotely.

However after searching the internet I am still no clearer on how to achieve this.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

If it's not a static port, (which it sounds like it isnt), a lot of VPN providers will assign a static port if you ask (and most times pay) for it.  Otherwise I don't believe it's possible unless you have access to your router's shell and above average scripting abilities.

Edited by mastrmind11, 05 October 2018 - 02:54 PM.

#3 mataus OFFLINE  

mataus

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 02:15 PM

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:24 PM

I use PIA and you can select port forwarding and it gives you a port number. It's easy enough to do on the GUI on downloaded windows PIA software. I was wondering whether these settings could be put in a script in tomato firmware on my router?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: port forward, tomato, vpn, script, advanced tomato, remote access

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users