Emby does not start

revolvermann

revolvermann

Hello All,

On all my Fire TV/Stick i get the message "App Not Found"

On the Amazon Website the App is not available.

Only Emby Mobile.

Whats is Happening?

EODCrafter

Hello All,

On all my Fire TV/Stick i get the message "App Not Found"

On the Amazon Website the App is not available.

Only Emby Mobile.

Whats is Happening?

5bb49f66b0616_Screenshotfrom201810030551

It shows here as still available...Did Amazon Delete this? 

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

I see only "Emby Mobile"

Alexander

You want to install Emby Server on a Fire Stick? I'm sure it can be done but I don't think the Stick would be too capable...Maybe a Fire Cube. I will Link you to the Android Server file...gimme a sec...

You posted in the App section so Server files aren't listed here....

5bb4a29f584e4_Screenshotfrom201810030605

Edited by EODCrafter

revolvermann

Hello,

no, i only want to install the "Emby for Fire TV" App on my Amazon Fire TV.

Yesterday the App started normally.

Today i get the Message "App was not found" on the Fire TV.

I uninstalled it.

On the Amazon Website the App is not available any more

EODCrafter

Hello,

no, i only want to install the "Emby for Fire TV" App on my Amazon Fire TV.

Yesterday the App started normally.

Today i get the Message "App was not found" on the Fire TV.

I uninstalled it.

On the Amazon Website the App is not available any more

Very strange cause the Link I posted ....is...the Amazon Website....Maybe contact Amazon Customer Service.

https://emby.media/emby-for-fire-tv.html

http://www.amazon.com/Emby-for-Fire-TV/dp/B00VVJKTW8

My Wife has Fire TV I will go and check if it's on there.....BRB.

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

Thanks,

Maybe ist only on the german Amazon Site?

You could probably find the APK and Side Load it but it might be full of Russian Hacks or something.....@@ebr is there any Safe Site for downloading the APK?

You could probably find the APK and Side Load it but it might be full of Russian Hacks or something.....@@ebr is there any Safe Site for downloading the APK?

No.

MarcWinter

@ebr is there any Safe Site for downloading the APK?

No

Same for me on multiple german Fire TV Devices. This is kind of annoying - as I can't use emby without the FTV. App has been removed from Amazon Store (Germany at least). Could you please provide a safe download? I suppose it might take a while until the causes for removal have been checked and corrected…

Thanks, Marc

Gone for me also, in Germany.   Fudge!

edit: I was a member of the beta app test program.   Any chance it can still be pushed to me? 

Edit #2:  I just used "App2Fire" from Google Play to sideload the Official Android app from my phone to my Five TV Box.   It works, not clean, but it works.   Hopefully, Amazon will fix the German store.

Edited by Ron

Solution actual:

Dont start the app from the actual section. (First row)

If i take it from the 2nd row -my apps- (different image/logo) then it starts.

Again: all on german amazon

• Like 1

Adumbran11

Same here - Also Germany... 
App not Found - the Workaround for me:

"Settings / Applications / Emby " Start Emby works for me - but it´s quiet not comfortable.

Has someone a idea what´s the issue ?

Adumbran11

Edited by Adumbran11

filewalker

Thank you!

is there any news regarding this issue? I can find the emby app on the german amazon website but it says it is not compatible with my fire tv so i am not able to send the app to it. Would be very nice if you have an idea whats going on there - I would like to use my emby server an my fire tv again. Or maybe i should Kodi give a try

JerryPenguin

Me Too...

In the German Amazon Store (amazon.de) you can't find Emby for Amazon Fire TV anymore, from the Store amazon.com you can't install the app in Germany -> regional restriction.

Please help us with a local download link so that we can install the software again via side-upload.
The weekend is long!

Thx

I have two FTVS one with stable one with beta and on both I can run the already installed Emby.

The only thing that isn't working there are the updates as I am still on the .39 beta while .41 is already available.

On the new one I just bought I am not able to install Emby anymore as I don't see it in the store.

In the german store only "Emby Mobile" is available (v. 2.9.92).

I know you guys are trying everything to clarify this but tbh the situation really sucks. Wouldn't it be possible to provide us with an APK, so we could sideload it as a workaround?

Would be great if you would keep us posted about this situation.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi.  We apologize but we do not know why the app has disappeared from the German store.  It is still available everywhere else, Amazon has not told us of any reason for a removal and they have not yet responded to our questions.

What we aren't sure of is if the app will run if side-loaded.  Please try the APK attached here (you'll need to unzip it) and let us know if it works.

Thanks.

• Like 2

filewalker

Thank you for the Update and your efforts! By the way: in the mean time i tried emby theater for rpi - great work! the fire tv wirh emby app is still a bit faster, but i think it could be a nice way in the future with some more tweaks.

Tried it, apk works fine! Downloaded to fire tv, installed and is working.

Is there an option to set the app streaming to transcoding oder direct playing just linke in die Emby Kodi addon? It seems like it is trying to play my fhd video with high bitrates without any transcoding, so the internet connection is to slow. Any 720p content is working fine. If there is no option fpr thiss, i will start investigating and open another thread to keep this one clean.

Thank You!

Edited by filewalker

EODCrafter

Thank you for the Update and your efforts! By the way: in the mean time i tried emby theater for rpi - great work! the fire tv wirh emby app is still a bit faster, but i think it could be a nice way in the future with some more tweaks.

Tried it, apk works fine! Downloaded to fire tv, installed and is working.

Is there an option to set the app streaming to transcoding oder direct playing just linke in die Emby Kodi addon? It seems like it is trying to play my fhd video with high bitrates without any transcoding, so the internet connection is to slow. Any 720p content is working fine. If there is no option fpr thiss, i will start investigating and open another thread to keep this one clean.

Thank You!

Sounds eerily similar to the issue I'm having although I thought it was because of "transcoding" instead of "lack of". ( Don't know too much about any of that) Please tag me in that new thread. I have intermittent problems with all my UHD channels. I'm working with Luke already to try to isolate this....https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63676-channel-takes-20-seconds-to-load/?view=getnewpost

Edited by EODCrafter