Commercial detection, or honor EDL?

muzicman0

muzicman0

I am a new user to Emby.  I am currently recording with Emby, but watching from another app that honors edl files that I am manually creating after the recording is done.  Are there any plans to add comskip EDL file support in the future, or integrated commercial skipping?

I actually stream the recordings from offsite, so skipping commercials manually is a pain.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

I second the edl file support. I create the edl using Comskip via MCEBuddy. Would like to see the edl used by Emby when playing a video.

Spaceboy

I second the edl file support. I create the edl using Comskip via MCEBuddy. Would like to see the edl used by Emby when playing a video.

or just use comskip initiated from emby

But yes please support edl files

I use MCEBuddy because of the renaming. Emby doesn't have any such feature. And also I don't like the way Emby names recorded programs. Not library friendly. So I no longer record liveTV via Emby. I use NPVR.

Emby does honor the edl's, well at least Theater on Windows and Xbox and the LG app do. It's not automatic but page up jumps to the next chapter. I use Mcebuddy to remux to mkv and make chapter markers for commercial skipping.

Actually don't do anything with edl at this time. The video files probably have embedded chapter markers and that's what Emby is using.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
sfatula

Another vote. If or when you do this, please the features as present in mplayer edl files.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Edit_decision_list

I am especially interested in skipping audio (profanity), so, not just commercial skipping. Not asking you guys to create the file, just honor an already created file.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
There is several question about support EDL in Emby...

the common answers was... this is planned for the future

The future is how long? year, two...?

muzicman0

It's the last thing I'm waiting on to be able to use this for all my media needs.  I already have a subscription, so it's not like I would be a new customer, but I have to use a different app to actually watch the recorded TV, because my wife LOVES the auto commercial skipping.  I record in Emby, but playback in a different media center. 

One thing I would ask, is that when you do implement, be sure to mark the skipped selection on the playback time line.  Usually done in a different color.  Also, it should only skip the FIRST time it hits a cut point...that way, if the commercial detection is wrong (which happens), you can skip back and it will not skip the next time it hits that specific cut point, then resume as normal for the next marked section.

• Like 1

MCEBuddy creates chapter markers that Emby uses. Easy one or two button presses to skip commercials.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

muzicman0

can you run it from the command line?  Right now, my comskip is completely automated.  If so, what settings need to be done to make it skip?

• 1 month later...
nyplayer

It's something we're interested in for the future. Thanks.

OK for now I will still stick with Channels DVR they offer both remote and EDL access.