HDHomeRun Premium TV

nyplayer

His video is using Emby for Android TV.

OOps, yep, so it is.  It's the add on Premium showing the SD software played through Emby.  Should have seen that.  My Bad!

i reported this to Luke several months ago. He has so far declined to do anything about it

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58456-break-link-between-epg-and-channel/&do=findComment&comment=576500

Yes you can't easily UNMATCH a channel that is wrong, HOWEVER if you have an EPG source that is correct you can overwrite the bad match.  Just ignore the fact it's already matched using a different guide/channel and just pick the correct guide/channel and re-match it.

I had to do this on the Premium channels myself as I didn't realize at first my East Coast feeds were wrong for some of the channels:

Pacific 1403 USA USA 823
Pacific 1409 FX FX
Pacific 1411 SYFY SYFY
Pacific 1412 PAR PARMOUNT MOVIES
Pacific 1430 TRUTV TRUTV
Pacific 1435 COMEDY COMEDY CENTRAL 828
Pacific 1449 DSC DISCOVERY 869
Pacific 1450 TLC TLC
Pacific 1463 BRAVO BRAVO
Pacific 1471 APL ANIMAL PLANET 868
Pacific 1606 MTV MTV
Pacific 1607 VH1 VH1
Pacific 1608 CMT CMT
Pacific 1715 DISN DISNEY CHANNEL
Pacific 1728 NIK NICKELODEON
Pacific 1742 FREFM FREEFORM

So I setup a new feed just for these using a west coast zipcode and pulled them in and re-matched just those channels with the new feed.  Problem fixed as far as I can tell.  With that said we do definitely need new channel management and conflict resolution.

I'm using OTA (Quatro), a couple Primes (cable), two IPTV m3u8 files and the new HDHomeRun Premium TV service (IPTV) and it's pretty hard to track stations and sources.  I've built an excel spread sheet to help me track stuff.
Edited by cayars

Spaceboy

OOps, yep, so it is.  It's the add on Premium showing the SD software played through Emby.  Should have seen that.  My Bad!

Yes you can't easily UNMATCH a channel that is wrong, HOWEVER if you have an EPG source that is correct you can overwrite the bad match.  Just ignore the fact it's already matched using a different guide/channel and just pick the correct guide/channel and re-match it.

I had to do this on the Premium channels myself as I didn't realize at first my East Coast feeds were wrong for some of the channels:

Pacific 1403 USA USA 823
Pacific 1409 FX FX
Pacific 1411 SYFY SYFY
Pacific 1412 PAR PARMOUNT MOVIES
Pacific 1430 TRUTV TRUTV
Pacific 1435 COMEDY COMEDY CENTRAL 828
Pacific 1449 DSC DISCOVERY 869
Pacific 1450 TLC TLC
Pacific 1463 BRAVO BRAVO
Pacific 1471 APL ANIMAL PLANET 868
Pacific 1606 MTV MTV
Pacific 1607 VH1 VH1
Pacific 1608 CMT CMT
Pacific 1715 DISN DISNEY CHANNEL
Pacific 1728 NIK NICKELODEON
Pacific 1742 FREFM FREEFORM

So I setup a new feed just for these using a west coast zipcode and pulled them in and re-matched just those channels with the new feed.  Problem fixed as far as I can tell.  With that said we do definitely need new channel management and conflict resolution.

I'm using OTA (Quatro), a couple Primes (cable), two IPTV m3u8 files and the new HDHomeRun Premium TV service (IPTV) and it's pretty hard to track stations and sources.  I've built an excel spread sheet to help me track stuff.

missing the point. i have hundreds of channels that have no epg match

Sammy

@@garyan2

@@Luke

@@ebr

Not sure whether to post here or in the epg123 forum on thegreenbutton.tv so I'm posting here as it may be an issue with Emby or it may not be..

I have used epg123 along with the Pacific HDHomeRun lineup and the OTA lineup for my zip code from Schedules Direct. I had the wrong logos in Emby Guide so I went into c:/epg123/output/logos and deleted all the logos in their then re-ran epg123 "Save and Execute". I went into Emby Server Dashboard and under LiveTV I did  guide data scan. In Emby Guide, the logos are still incorrect. I think this is an artifact from trying to set this up with the at&t Uverse Guide in Emby before the data was available to epg123.

Additionally, the dark logos on the transparent background need a little work.

Here are some screen grabs:

5b7ed524bf2b2_WrongLogos1.jpg

5b7ed543dfb79_WrongLogos2.jpg

Edited by Sammy

Sammy

We have stated on numerous occasions that channel management features will be revamped and improved.  We apologize that everything we want to do isn't already done.

I don't think apologies are necessary. You guys are doing a fantastic job and as Emby gets to be more things to more people it gets harder and harder to get to each thing. This new HDHomeRun Premier Channels for one thing. Bet you didn't know you'd be chasing that a few weeks back. I sure didn't..

tehburr

@@garyan2

@@Luke

@@ebr

Not sure whether to post here or in the epg123 forum on thegreenbutton.tv so I'm posting here as it may be an issue with Emby or it may not be..

I have used epg123 along with the Pacific HDHomeRun lineup and the OTA lineup for my zip code from Schedules Direct. I had the wrong logos in Emby Guide so I went into c:/epg123/output/logos and deleted all the logos in their then re-ran epg123 "Save and Execute". I went into Emby Server Dashboard and under LiveTV I did  guide data scan. In Emby Guide, the logos are still incorrect. I think this is an artifact from trying to set this up with the at&t Uverse Guide in Emby before the data was available to epg123.

Additionally, the dark logos on the transparent background need a little work.

Here are some screen grabs:

5b7ed524bf2b2_WrongLogos1.jpg

5b7ed543dfb79_WrongLogos2.jpg

I had the same issue, I found clicking on the wrong channel logos and hitting the delete trashcan, then refreshing guide fixed all of them.

Edited by tehburr
  • Like 1

Sammy

I had the same issue, I found clicking on the wrong channel logos and hitting the delete trashcan, then refreshing guide fixed all of them.

That did it.. THANKS.

Now to find logos for or just disable all these OTA channels without logos or programming I'll actually watch.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

missing the point. i have hundreds of channels that have no epg match

Curious.  How do you have so many channels without an EPG match?

How do you record with them or don't you?

Are these IPTV channels you haven't been able to match? If so I may be able to help you offline (not here in the forums).

Carlo

Curious.  How do you have so many channels without an EPG match?

How do you record with them or don't you?

Are these IPTV channels you haven't been able to match? If so I may be able to help you offline (not here in the forums).

Carlo

Not to answer for him but I'm guessing they are VOD "channels".

Oh, yea, that would make sense.  I didn't even think about VOD as I go out of my way to remove those channels. :)

I've never set them up but in Emby if you have no EPG for the channel you can't record either correct?

if you have no EPG for the channel you can't record either correct?

Not at this time but, of course, that is another improvement on the list :).

• Like 2

nyplayer

Anybody seeing on the Shield where it abruptly stops playing PremiumTV ? or video just gets stuck ?

Edited by nyplayer

Sammy

Anybody seeing on the Shield where it abruptly stops playing PremiumTV ? or video just gets stuck ?

Is it at the top of the hour or end of a program? I've seen that but figured for whatever reason it was due to the show ending.

nyplayer

Is it at the top of the hour or end of a program? I've seen that but figured for whatever reason it was due to the show ending.

It does not do it in Plex sometimes it is on the middle of the show. Plex just plays through to the next show with stopping.

Edited by nyplayer

bcm00re

The service is priced at $35 per month in the USA and it has the following channels at launch:

THE WEATHER CHANNEL

FOX NEWS CHANNEL

CNN

HLN HEADLINE NEWS

MSNBC

CNBC

CSPAN

ESPN

ESPN2

ESPN NEWS

ESPN CLASSIC

ESPN UNIVERSITY

A&E

USA

TNT

AMC

FX

SYFY

PARMOUNT MOVIES

TRUTV

TBS

COMEDY CENTRAL

DISCOVERY

TLC

LIFETIME

HALLMARK

BRAVO

OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK (OWN)

E!

ANIMAL PLANET

NATIONAL GREOGRAPHIC

HISTORY CHANNEL

FOOD NETWORK

TRAVEL CHANNEL

HGTV

MTV

VH1

CMT

BET

QVC

DISNEY CHANNEL

NICKELODEON

CARTOON NETWORK

FREEFORM

TURNER MOVIE CLASSICS

[/font][/color]

Their lineup is pretty good, but they must get the SEC Network added along with the Fox Sports Regional channels.

bcm00re

So the premium channels record to one's local hard drive just like OTA channels? That is what I thought I read but find it hard to believe. Any know if those recordings have DRM protections/limitations?

jasonmcroy

So the premium channels record to one's local hard drive just like OTA channels? That is what I thought I read but find it hard to believe. Any know if those recordings have DRM protections/limitations?

You read correctly. No DRM no limitatons.

My guess is that is why they probably won't have this:

Their lineup is pretty good, but they must get the SEC Network added along with the Fox Sports Regional channels.

But, who knows.  As long as it is an open API though, I wouldn't expect true premium channels (meaning ones without commercials or with out of market sports programming) like HBO, etc.

bcm00re

But, who knows. As long as it is an open API though, I wouldn't expect true premium channels (meaning ones without commercials or with out of market sports programming) like HBO, etc.

Well ESPN owns SEC Network so not sure why they allow it on so many of their other channels (including their flagship) but not that one. And it is not regional like Fox Sports Midwest. I agree with your HBO comment though.

Theogeek

So stupid question.  Do the "DEMO" channels work as well (for testing - to see if I want to ditch Youtube TV so I can have emby integration)?

My HDHOMERUN shows them in its interface, but they do not show up in my "Live TV" section of my emby server settings.  I can't manually map guide data to them because they aren't in the list.

Thanks!

Jeff.

nyplayer

So stupid question.  Do the "DEMO" channels work as well (for testing - to see if I want to ditch Youtube TV so I can have emby integration)?

My HDHOMERUN shows them in its interface, but they do not show up in my "Live TV" section of my emby server settings.  I can't manually map guide data to them because they aren't in the list.

Thanks!

Jeff.

Demos do not work only for viewing in hdhomerun app.

Thanks!

Jeff.

Demos do not work only for viewing in hdhomerun app.

Gotta pony up but all PremiumTV channels work fine in Emby and in Plex with a faked guide that ends up loosing some of my favorite channels

Gotta pony up but all PremiumTV channels work fine in Emby and in Plex with a faked guide that ends up loosing some of my favorite channels

There is a newer release of EPG123 that will create an XMLTV file for Plex that works. I had to pay for a month so I could spend a day to find out what would work.

Plex uses an original-air-date episode number system to determine whether it is a movie or a series, as well as differentiating between sports events. Was a spin but works good enough.

You can create a good guide for Plex and not lose anything.

• Like 1

There is a newer release of EPG123 that will create an XMLTV file for Plex that works. I had to pay for a month so I could spend a day to find out what would work.

Plex uses an original-air-date episode number system to determine whether it is a movie or a series, as well as differentiating between sports events. Was a spin but works good enough.

You can create a good guide for Plex and not lose anything.

Awesomesauce!

NOW EVERYONE SEND GARY A DONATION!

• 4 months later...
BobbyDing

Hi. I would like to setup Emby to use the HDHR Premium channels. Will the new Emby supplied guide work with the premium channels as well as the locals? I've been looking through this thread, but didn't locate this info.

Thanks!!

Bobby

Yes it works fine.  Depending on your area you will need two or three EPGs from Gracenote.

1) East coast HDHomeRun EPG

2) West coast HDHomeRun EPG

3) Local channels for OTA device.

Emby handles it all pretty easily.

• Like 1