HDHomeRun Premium TV

nyplayer

Sammy

I just looked at that channel and it is an SD channel... It is crap to begin with. Crap in crap out. It is not even 720x480 lol it is 640x480.

I guess since it is ESPN Classic they broadcast as if you had a classic TV.  :)  :)  :)

I looked at the Wikipedia page and it states it is only in SD, so I won't complain to SiliconDust about it..

Sammy

Do you have EMBY deinterlacing SD channels ?

I didn't know I could. I think this is more in the player or even TV but if there's a setting for that, I'm certainly willing to give it a try. I've never even looked for this because I usually stick to HD content.

I didn't know I could. I think this is more in the player or even TV but if there's a setting for that, I'm certainly willing to give it a try. I've never even looked for this because I usually stick to HD content.

In the app: Settings->Playback->DeInterlace SD Content

• Like 1

Sammy

In the app: Settings->Playback->DeInterlace SD Content

Going to have to wait a spell, but thanks Eric!

Sammy
I opened a ticket with Schedules Direct. They can create the lineup but need a little more information from SiliconDust as to where the dividing line is between the two feeds because they'll have to create two lineups..

Here's the email I received:

It can be done as a custom lineup on our JSON service. So there would be two channel 1402s? One would have A&E East and one would be A&E Pacific?

Of course there's more than just A&E here but I've also reached out to Silicon Dust to see if they can provide more information to Schedules Direct. This is of course in conflict of them selling their own guide but I think they may realize they have more to loose than to gain by being open with where the cut off between East and West geographically lies. Most people already get their guide from other sources I think so the $35 a month for the Premium TV Service is probably a bigger payoff for them than the $30 a year for guide service.
Edited by Sammy

https://www.silicondust.com/premium-tv/

Have any of you guys tried the new HDHomeRun Premium TV service?  I've been playing around with it on my Quatro and I like it a lot.

I'd read the link above but here's the "skinny" on what this is.

It's a LEGAL premium TV Service similar to  Sling TV, DIRECTV NOW, PlayStation Vue, fuboTV, Youtube TV with a twist.

It's essentially IPTV premium channels BUT delivered through your HDHomeRun OTA device (sorry not Prime boxes).

Any software that works with your HDHomeRun OTA box works with this service as the premium channels appear just like your OTA channels.

Your OTA box acts as a "tuner" that can deliver EITHER the OTA broadcast OR a premium channel.

You get up to 4 premium tuners (quatro) or 2 premium tuners (duo) at a time.

That means with a Quatro you could have 4 premium channels being used by Emby, Plex, Live Channels or HDHomeRun software at any given time.  You could have 2 OTA and 2 Premium channels, etc.  Any combination of local (OTA) and premium channels up to your tuner count.

This is a unique way of doing IPTV compared to other services and it makes the service transparent.  If the software works with the OTA network tuner it already supports IPTV done this way.

You can fully integrate these channels easily into Emby and be able to record as well as time shift just as you can any normal OTA channel.

The service is priced at $35 per month in the USA and it has the following channels at launch:

THE WEATHER CHANNEL
FOX NEWS CHANNEL
CNN
HLN  HEADLINE NEWS
MSNBC
CNBC
CSPAN
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPN NEWS
ESPN CLASSIC
ESPN UNIVERSITY
A&E
USA
TNT
AMC
FX
SYFY
PARMOUNT MOVIES
TRUTV
TBS
COMEDY CENTRAL
DISCOVERY
TLC
LIFETIME
HALLMARK
BRAVO
OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK (OWN)
E!
ANIMAL PLANET
NATIONAL GREOGRAPHIC
HISTORY CHANNEL
FOOD NETWORK
TRAVEL CHANNEL
HGTV
MTV
VH1
CMT
BET
QVC
DISNEY CHANNEL
NICKELODEON
CARTOON NETWORK
FREEFORM
TURNER MOVIE CLASSICS

If you have a Quatro, Connect or Extend you can upgrade the firmware and see these channels in the lineup.  They will show as "demo" channels.  They will work for 2 minutes and then you get a stock advertisement.  But it's enough to see how to test/setup the channels in other software.

Edited by cayars

garyan2

I opened a ticket with Schedules Direct. They can create the lineup but need a little more information from SiliconDust as to where the dividing line is between the two feeds because they'll have to create two lineups..

Here's the email I received:

Of course there's more than just A&E here but I've also reached out to Silicon Dust to see if they can provide more information to Schedules Direct. This is of course in conflict of them selling their own guide but I think they may realize they have more to loose than to gain by being open with where the cut off between East and West geographically lies. Most people already get their guide from other sources I think so the $35 a month for the Premium TV Service is probably a bigger payoff for them than the $30 a year for guide service.

I actually compiled all that last night and was going to send it off to rkulagow. If you want to send him the attached file, this is what he needs. Disclaimer: It is only going to be as accurate as what nikk has provided over at SD.

customLineup.zip

EDIT: This was me working on adding the capability to create custom lineups in EPG123, but the info is there.

Edited by garyan2
  • Like 1

Sammy

I actually compiled all that last night and was going to send it off to rkulagow. If you want to send him the attached file, this is what he needs. Disclaimer: It is only going to be as accurate as what nikk has provided over at SD.

attachicon.gifcustomLineup.zip

EDIT: This was me working on adding the capability to create custom lineups in EPG123, but the info is there.

So, if using this in epg123, how will it effect the resulting WMC lineup? Will there be channels that cannot be tuned that need to be toggled off in WMC?

Sammy

@@garyan2

That file is pretty skimpy. I wonder if something was missed?

Thanks for all your work on this. Since you have a closer working relationship, maybe you could send it to rkulagow directly?

garyan2

@@garyan2

That file is pretty skimpy. I wonder if something was missed?

Thanks for all your work on this. Since you have a closer working relationship, maybe you could send it to rkulagow directly?

Not skimpy at all. All that is needed is the assigned channel number and the station ID. It could actually be even lighter if I hadn't included the callsign and station names. There are 45 channels for the Pacific feed, and 45 channels for the Eastern feed.

Sammy

Not skimpy at all. All that is needed is the assigned channel number and the station ID. It could actually be even lighter if I hadn't included the callsign and station names. There are 45 channels for the Pacific feed, and 45 channels for the Eastern feed.

I unzipped it and it just looks like a bunch of Zip Codes?

60222 58812 60179 58646 64549 64241 58780 68344 32645 45507 59976 15451 60696 

garyan2

It's an XML file... what are you viewing it with? Those numbers are the station IDs, but there is a lot more information in there.

EDIT: It's an XML file in the ZIP file. The zip file, of course, is not an XML file with a .zip extension... just to clarify.

Edited by garyan2

garyan2

Oh, I see. I created this with a text editor by hand last night and didn't include the XML header stuff such as UTF encoding. If you open in a browser, you'll only see what you posted. If you open in notepad, you will see everything.

EDIT: found the problem. I wasn't escaping the ampersand correctly. I forgot the semicolon. Here is an updated version.

customLineup_v2.zip

Edited by garyan2

Sammy

@@garyan2

Schedules Direct cannot work directly with Silicon Dust on providing a guide since they are a commercial provider. What would it take to get epg123 to do it? Since you are not doing for profit but rather 31 Flavors, I think you would not go over that line.

Thanks.

garyan2

Okay, I've got a beta version of EPG123 that can create guide data in XMLTV for custom lineups. I'll work on packaging it and putting it on my server for download tomorrow along with some instructions for those not familiar with epg123. It will be pretty late though ... got family plans. It will have 2 pre-populated custom lineups for HDHomeRun Premium TV for both the Pacific and the Eastern feeds.

This is beta since there are some things I want to add to this, but for something quick, everyone can get proper guide data without too much hassle.

• Like 1

If everyone wasn't so "legal happy" I'd post my file daily in the cloud which would have all the listings built properly for anyone using Emby to use.

With that said anyone can use WebGrab+Plus to pull this down into one file which is how I create my XML files I use for my OTA, Cable and IPTV Lineups.

Carlo

Edited by cayars

If everyone wasn't so "legal happy" I'd post my file daily in the cloud which would have all the listings built properly for anyone using Emby to use.

With that said anyone can use WebGrab+Plus to pull this down into one file which is how I create my XML files I use for my OTA, Cable and IPTV Lineups.

Carlo

Yeah, that is unfortunate.  I mean, the hard work of others should always be made available to everyone for free.

I know you stated you wouldn't do this and I applaud that decision (thanks :)).

hstamas

Do we know if this is ever going to be fixed officially? Part of the reason I go with the combo of Emby and Schedules Direct is to avoid having to muck around with stuff like this. At my age I just want it to "just work"!

Do we know if this is ever going to be fixed officially? Part of the reason I go with the combo of Emby and Schedules Direct is to avoid having to muck around with stuff like this. At my age I just want it to "just work"!

I believe you can make it work by adding two SD lineups (one cable and one OTA) but we are looking into ways to make it easier.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Sammy

I believe you can make it work by adding two SD lineups (one cable and one OTA) but we are looking into ways to make it easier.

Thanks.

Awesome!! Can't wait.

jasonmcroy

Thanks.

This isn't entirely accurate. Unless someone can point out something I am doing wrong, you have to add 3 lineups because the channels that come in from Silicondust are partially Eastern feeds and Pacific feeds. So, you have to have an OTA lineup, an Eastern cable lineup and a Pacific cable lineup.

However, since Emby auto detects the channels and you can't delete any from your mapping, there is an issue if the cable feed you're using has the same channel number for one network on both the two separate lineups. Then you end up with an overlap that I haven't been able to figure out how to fix.

Example: The Syfy channel has the Pacific feed but my local cable feed and the Pacific cable feed both use 1411 as the channel number so both guides automatically select that from Schedules Direct. Since I can't delete the mapping from the map channels pop-up I end up with the Eastern guide data for the Syfy Channel instead of the Pacific so the guide is still off.

I hope that makes sense. Bottom line - I can't get it to easily map all the channels correctly. It works for most of them, but a few are still off.

If we could delete a matched channel within the map channels pop-up, that would solve it but I haven't found a way to do that.

garyan2

I got a message from schedules direct that they will be adding 2 lineups (East and West) of the HDHomeRun Premium TV to the available listings. They should be available tonight for consumption.

• Like 2