HDHomeRun Premium TV

nyplayer

nyplayer

Yes.

Then your subchannels should be in the OTA lineup. Make sure both lineups have use this tuner checked. example below do for both lineups.

5b7b1da5be530_Capture.png

5b7b1d4215438_Capture.png

Edited by nyplayer

Sammy

Now streaming on my phone via Emby and the new SiliconDust Premium Channels for the first time since I turned in my CableCARDs and TA's, CNNHD .

Guide is a work in progress.. Hopefully Schedules Direct and Garyan2 can help us out with making that an easy process.

clarkss12

You need have more then one device then besure that Enable for all tuner devices is check

For example you one are pair of dual or quatro assign one device to an OTA EPG and 2nd device to a your local Cable EPG or just add 2nd Schedules Direct that point to your local cable

The remap both to properly match the across the device check and uncheck and remap to corresponding TV broadcast provider

I have 2 devices, and using your instructions to separate the tuners, by DISABLING, instead of Enabling, I was able to KEEP the OTA guide, but Prime Channels do not populate.  Guess that is where I have to map them???

clarkss12

Then your subchannels should be in the OTA lineup. Make sure both lineups have use this tuner checked. example below do for both lineups.

5b7b1da5be530_Capture.png

5b7b1d4215438_Capture.png

That is exactly what mine looks like now, but only my OTA channels are populating.  No guide data at all for the Premium channels.....

garyan2

That is exactly what mine looks like now, but only my OTA channels are populating. No guide data at all for the Premium channels.....

What model of HDHR do you have? I'm asking because I have a HDHR4 and do not see any of the new channels in emby, either. I was concerned I wouldn't be able to try this out since at first they said it would work with HDHR5 and newer. I then saw somewhere else that it would work with HDHR4. It does work with the HD Homerun app, but emby doesn't see the new stuff.

I was going to check later today what would happen if I changed the tuners to cable/clear qam.

• Like 1

Sammy

What model of HDHR do you have? I'm asking because I have a HDHR4 and do not see any of the new channels in emby, either. I was concerned I wouldn't be able to try this out since at first they said it would work with HDHR5 and newer. I then saw somewhere else that it would work with HDHR4. It does work with the HD Homerun app, but emby doesn't see the new stuff.

I was going to check later today what would happen if I changed the tuners to cable/clear qam.

According to Nick over at Silicon Dust you have to pay for a month at least to see the channels outside the HDHR App.

Now, I'd like to post over at the Schedules Direct Forum but cannot get past the stupid challenge question..

Create a nonsense word using the third letter of bedazzle and the letter that's next to itself.

I've tried a lot of things and cannot create an account due to this.

• Like 1

garyan2

That's kinda what I figured.

Make a word with the letters d and z. I don't even think it has to be a real word.

According to Nick over at Silicon Dust you have to pay for a month at least to see the channels outside the HDHR App.

Now, I'd like to post over at the Schedules Direct Forum but cannot get past the stupid challenge question..

I've tried a lot of things and cannot create an account due to this.

SHSPVR

Did you update the firmware

Edited by SHSPVR

nyplayer

If you go to my.hdhomerun.com in Chrome and check the channels of your tuner from there if it does not show the channels then it is not working.

5b7b24e2c9a1e_Capture.png

Edited by nyplayer

garyan2

Thanks, @@nyplayer & @@SHSPVR, Sammy answered my question. I haven't paid yet to see if I want to pay for it or not. :rolleyes:  I have updated the firmware and I do see the new channels and they are viewable in the HD Homerun App... just not visible in emby.

• Like 1

SHSPVR

Thanks, @@nyplayer & @@SHSPVR, Sammy answered my question. I haven't paid yet to see if I want to pay for it or not. :rolleyes:  I have updated the firmware and I do see the new channels and they are viewable in the HD Homerun App... just not visible in emby.

LoL that dose help

clarkss12

Clark I suggest starting from the beginning delete your tuner rediscover it then add it to both lineups.

Hahaha, I have done that 2 or 3 times, but will keep doing it, until the light in my head turns on and I can see what I am missing.  But I now have the concept firmly in my grasp (at least I think I do).

I am to use my two different tuners, one a Connect and  the other is an Extend.  The Extend will use the OTA line up from Schedules Direct.  The Connect, will use the Comcast lineup that is nearest me, which matches my HDHR Premium  channels.   

Sammy

That's kinda what I figured.

Make a word with the letters d and z. I don't even think it has to be a real word.

I went ahead and sprung for a month. I want to give it a try but already I've been streaming to my phone using Emby..

That's what I did and it keeps saying it was an invalid word. SMH. I just want to post!

Sammy

Maybe you can get them to give you access without paying for a spell, being a guide developer and all..

garyan2

I went ahead and sprung for a month. I want to give it a try but already I've been streaming to my phone using Emby..

That's what I did and it keeps saying it was an invalid word. SMH. I just want to post!

Yah, I remember it was something clever. So try a word with 'd' and 'a' (the letter next to d).

Sammy

Did a little work on my lineup matching channels to guide listings. Most are mapped but the logos are wrong. How to correct?

CNNHD says, "No compatible streams" and doesn't play. Help!

PQ looks pretty good, h.264 @ 8Mbps and 30 fps but I'm hoping for more as time progresses.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sammy

@@Luke

This thread seems to belong in Live TV, not in General Discussion under other. Can it be merged with the thread there and that thread unlocked?

• Like 1

SHSPVR

Did a little work on my lineup matching channels to guide listings. Most are mapped but the logos are wrong. How to correct?

CNNHD says, "No compatible streams" and doesn't play. Help!

PQ looks pretty good, h.264 @ 8Mbps and 30 fps but I'm hoping for more as time progresses.

It my under stand that there using a mix of MPEG-2/AVC,H264 Video and AAC/AC3 Audio Sammy.

• Like 1

Sammy

It my under stand that there using a mix of MPEG-2/AVC,H264 Video and AAC/AC3 Audio Sammy.

This is ESPNClassic. IDK if it is SD with all providers but on my ShieldTV it is basically unwatchable. SD is one thing but the interlacing is horrible. My Panasonic Plasma has a good deinterlacer in it and I could tweak it some but the 7 other TV's at my home this is not really possible. Plus Video Bitrate is indicated as "Unknown". It is pretty low, I'll say that much.1a06551eacf52bbdee109690ec608158.jpg

nyplayer

I just looked at that channel and it is an SD channel... It is crap to begin with. Crap in crap out. It is not even 720x480 lol it is 640x480.

I guess since it is ESPN Classic they broadcast as if you had a classic TV.  :)  :)  :)

Edited by nyplayer
  • Like 1

Sammy

I just looked at that channel and it is an SD channel... It is crap to begin with. Crap in crap out. It is not even 720x480 lol it is 640x480.

Yeah, but is it SD for all providers or just SiliconDust?

BTW, it is "trancoding" because Emby needs to re-package it to allow for pausing, etc., during LiveTV Playback. The stream itself is untouched, just re-encoded.

SHSPVR

There really not much you can do about some of the SD/HD format with the interlacing because those network didn't deploy any kind real-time deinterlacing hardware converts interlaced programs to progressive scan immediately prior to broadcasting it so you going have deal with it for now.

nyplayer

Yeah, but is it SD for all providers or just SiliconDust?

BTW, it is "trancoding" because Emby needs to re-package it to allow for pausing, etc., during LiveTV Playback. The stream itself is untouched, just re-encoded.

Do you have EMBY deinterlacing SD channels ?