Add Sort by Filename/Path

Guest topbanana
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Guest topbanana

Now that the SortRemoveWords hack doesn't work, can we please, please just have Sort by 'Filename/Path' added to the sorting options!  It's such a simple and obvious feature.

I need to change the sort order to match the media files on the filesystem.  But Emby sorts the titles ignoring the articles, A, An, The... Which is entirely valid, but we need to switch between either.

Emby was created to help us wrangle huge numbers of media files, sorting data is such a basic feature!

Please!

Edited by topbanana

it should still work, it's just that you're going to have to refresh metadata on existing titles after changing the config file.

Guest topbanana

I did the refreshing, and it does work thankfully.  Not sure how long it took, i was afk after i set it refreshing.

But.

This remains an obvious missing feature.
This should be a just a simple case of picking a different sorting option.
We should be able to instantly switch between the default Title sorting or sorting by filename to match all our media files on our disks.
Just as we can to sort by Parental Rating...
Anyone checking, maintaining, organizing their media files would benefit from the option to sort by filename such that the order matches what they see.
Why do we have to frig with the config files to hack this, and wait for a lengthy refresh, requiring a net connection.
We have spent all our computer lives with the sort order of the file systems, a basic, bog-standard alphanumeric order, everyone knows it. yet we're not allowed to sort our media with the same order.

Please add this tiny detail/option..

• 1 month later...