We're pleased to announce a brand new FreeNAS package for Emby Server. Here are the highlights and advantages over the current package:
- Fewer installation steps
- New releases will be immediately available
- Beta builds will now also be immediately available just like other platforms !
- Currently based on mono, but we'll be switching to .NET Core as soon as it's available for FreeBSD. Keep an eye on: https://github.com/d...efx/issues/1626
- Requires FreeNAS 11.1+, but 11.1 users will need to use the new web UI that FreeNAS occasionally prompts you about.
- There's no one click button in the freenas web interface that we could find (hopefully that'll get added in the final release). But it's fairly easy to install anyway via the shell in the web interface:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/iocage-amd64/master/emby-server.json iocage fetch -P --name emby-server.json ip4_addr="vtnet0|192.168.122.3/24" defaultrouter="192.168.0.1" dhcp="on" vnet="on" bpf="yes" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"
- Replace vtnet0 with your primary network interface (ifconfig will print them). vtnet0 should be set to a real network interface, like eth0. vtnet0 is just the name of the virtualized network interface in our test VM.
- Replace 192.168.122.3 and 24 with the IP and netmast you desire (should be different from that of your freenas box). You can edit this afterwards in the jail configuration interface, but since the plugin needs internet access to install, the initial configuration should be valid.
- After installation you can add mount points using the jail interface to access your media files.
- Go to https://github.com/M...leases/releases
- Copy the link from the emby-server-freebsd package (check for *.txz)
- Follow the steps below
iocage console emby-server service emby-server stop pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/3.6.0.FUTURE/emby-server-freebsd_3.6.0.FUTURE_amd64.txz service emby-server start
- Change the User and Group of emby-server to have no file ownership issues (here e.g. needs to be UID=GID=1101)
iocage console emby-server-beta service emby-server stop pw groupmod emby -n emby -g 1101 pw usermod emby -n emby -u 1101 -g 1101 chown -R emby:emby /var/db/emby(hit tab) sysrc 'emby_server_user=emby' service emby-server start
When mounting a folder to the jail via the freenas UI folder creation fails, you have to create manually the mounting folders