For all APPs. Can change the settings of the audio and subs before play.

Riggs

Riggs

Hi.   

I found that the Client side (APPS) that I use (Android TV and Roku), they doesn't have the option to setting up the audio or the subs before play.   

This feature is present and working in the web/server side.    It is very handy. If for some reason you don't have a receiver and your TV can handle stereo, or dolby, or dts, only.

Avoiding the initial hang or freeze  of the APP if the audio is multichannel and your TV is stereo is a good thing.   However, It depends of your TV brand, some can handle ac3 (dolby 5.1), some DTS 5.1 and sometimes both, sometimes just one of those or only stereo.   

Since 7.1/2 and 9.1/2 are more popular and complex to transcode, one option is find and add an aditional audio track (for compatibility, if is available) and choose that other audio 5.1 to be transcoded on the fly. 

I don't know why this is happend (hang or freeze), some ffmpeg issues, maybe... (I don't know), but sometimes the APP leave the movie hanged or can't be played, and other times, for some unknown reason, the video can't be played, because the audio can't be transcoded. 

Anyway, nevermind if it just to avoid more complex audio to transcode but many times when you have 2 or 3 audio tracks available, and maybe two languages, if you can change the audio before play any content, is much better.   

I had to change the default audio many times in the server side before play some content, and then go to the device to can watch the video/movie/tv show without problems.   

This feature maybe, can give to the developers team, more clues to fight with some playback issues when the content needs to be transcoded, in this case, the audio. 

Anyway, if you can choose the audio or subs before play any content, it is a good thing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Edited by HRSCR
  • Like 1

darkassassin07

You can currently set subtitles before payback in the details page of each movie or show.

It would be kinda nice to customize whick audio + video format to play/transcode to as an advanced setting but not something that would get used a whole lot I think.

Edited by darkassassin07
  • Like 1

Riggs

You can currently set subtitles before payback in the details page of each movie or show.

It would be kinda nice to customize whick audio + video format to play/transcode to as an advanced setting but not something that would get used a whole lot I think.

Thank you @@darkassassin07

Yes, in the server side you can do that, but not in the APPS. (At least on Android TV or Roku APPS).

I ask that the same feature is going implemented in all APPS.

I konw that many people are using soundbars and receivers. I have my own 9.2 receiver but my living room still using a stereo 55" TV and i have many issues trying of change the audio to another not than complex how Atmos or DTS:X to transcode to stereo. The APPS when need to transcode from multichannel advanced audio to stereo hang the app or they never do the job. The last time, i wait almost half hour and the movie never can be watched. Trust me.
  • Like 1

This is planned.  It is just a little harder to design for (well) on the TV platform where you don't have touch.  On the pretty short list at this point though.

• Like 2

Riggs

This is planned.  It is just a little harder to design for (well) on the TV platform where you don't have touch.  On the pretty short list at this point though.

Thank you very much @@ebr , your attention to this request is really appreciated.

• 4 months later...