Hi, I would like to share some observations and thoughts on emby server. I am a new user so forgive me if some issues I am mentioning here have been already discussed on the forum.
- option to disable media deletion from within server (and consequently from within any client) for administrator
In these few weeks of using emby I happen to accidentally delete some media couple of times. Fortunately, both times I was lucky. BUT I realised it could have been much worse scenario and that some users weren't so lucky. I searched for an option to disable delete but I couldn't. Please do something about it, this shouldn't be allowed to happen by accident just because there is no logical option to restrict meddling with media files. Option to disable delete or triple password to confirm or similar. Also, in the meantime or if you don't intend to change this please suggest a workaround (?)
Bugs/Not working/Should work:
- per library setting for metadata language not working
I've been regularly having situations where I needed to identify movie within library and it would regularly update in some random language although I set it up in library settings. The solution is workaround: to set up metadata language for every movie per se. I already reported that but here it is again. Apart from that emby scraper (and Identify feature) works generally very very good.
- collection items disappear after relocating media
Which is so unfortunate because collections are one of the greatest features emby and I use it a lot. Unfortunately I found out that most of my manually created collections are just lost effort after I re-organized some media folders. I need to be able to re-organize folder structure of my media from time to time and I need those collections...
- sort by release date not working
Not even close. Not in separate libraries, not in grouped libraries.
Fix/Should work better:
- search is too often too slow or is not working at all
I believe you are aware of this. And I believe you are working on improvements. Search by original title should be included. As well as collections and tags. I sometimes wait 30-45 seconds to get results. And sometimes it doesn't respond at all and then I have to try to search from another library or from dashboard.
- browsing through pages doesn't remember position when "refreshed"
and it is pretty frustrating when trying to fix something among 12000 titles and every time it throws me back on 1st page. I suppose it is more realistic that this "fix" will be part of new ui at one point but until then it would be VERY helpful to have some kind of index (1-100 | 101 - 200 | 201 - 300| ... | 9901- 10000)
Small things that could make things more practical but also not essential:
- Include media path in Identify window so you save user's steps before pre-identifing what to identify... It is logical (in most cases) that Identify is to be used when media is incorrectly scraped, so instead scrolling to the bottom of the page to check which title we want to identify there could be path visible in Identify window. At least.
- Make media file path at the bottom of movie details page as link so it could be opened/showed in finder/windows explorer. I frequently use select text and then open in finder in safari but this could be more convenient maybe.
Couple of questions:
- Why nfos use 2 x imdb ids?
- Why some of manually added genres are shown under genres in library and some are not?
Thanks for reading.
Edited by levander, 03 July 2018 - 07:10 PM.