Roku TV stuck on "Welcome to Emby"

zape

This is a bit of a longshot since I still cannot reproduce this, but please try beta 3.0.89 and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks.

This is a bit of a longshot since I still cannot reproduce this, but please try beta 3.0.89 and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks.

3.0.89, same result.  sorry.  very sorry.

have you tried leaving it there for a few minutes to see if it eventually times out and either continues or puts up an error message?

have you tried leaving it there for a few minutes to see if it eventually times out and either continues or puts up an error message?

Maybe 10-15 minutes.  I'll leave it longer and see...

The other thing to try is, I assume you have Emby Server running when you start the app, right? Can you try shutting down the server before starting the app, so that there's nothing available to connect to? See how it reacts then. Thanks.

The other thing to try is, I assume you have Emby Server running when you start the app, right? Can you try shutting down the server before starting the app, so that there's nothing available to connect to? See how it reacts then. Thanks.

Will do...  after 2 hours (with me waking it from screensaver a few times) it was still there.

dcook

I have exactly the same issue, get past the select profile screen and then it just says "Welcome to Emby" with a spinning circle.

My Emby server is working fine I can watch via web browser no problem

Roku Premiere +

Model 4630X

Roku Firmware: 8.1.0 build 4137-29

Emby Version: 3.0.84

I tried removing the Emby channel and re-adding it, no change.

I also checked my Roku System Update and it says its Up To Date

Was working fine yesterday, problem started earlier today.

Do you guys know what the issue is?

How long before its fixed?

PS: Reinstalled Blue Neon and it works fine, so the problem is clearly with the Emby App and not with my Server or the Roku Firrmware.

Edited by dcook

dcook

@@Luke Any idea what the issue is?

Obviously something must have been changed recently in the Emby app?

We are investigating it. Thanks for reporting.

Edited by dcook

Erik

I have 2x Roku Ultra devices and they get stuck at the welcome screen about 1 out of 10 times. However, just returning to the Roku home screen and re-entering the app has fixed it each time for me. (Beta Version of app).

Erik

@@Luke Any idea what the issue is?

Obviously something must have been changed recently in the Emby app?

No, it appears to be related to a firmware update as the app hasn't changed (the version you are running was released in early June).

When does your Roku say it last updated the system software?

kaelin

I've tried something on a hunch... please try the beta version 3.0.90.

Beta 3.0.90 seems to have fixed it. It is working great for me.

• Like 1

dcook

@@ebr Its not firmware as the Blue Neon app works fine, so does other Roku apps like Netflix and Youtube

Does not make sense that Roku Firmware would break only Emby

Roku was last updated: June 29 2018

This issue only started happening July 20th 2018

Happy2Play

@@ebr Its not firmware as the Blue Neon app works fine, so does other Roku apps like Netflix and Youtube

So does Beta 3.0.90 resolve your issue?

dcook

I don't know, I checked for updates just now the Roku says there is no updates?

So does Beta 3.0.90 resolve your issue?

device = CreateObject("roDeviceInfo")
rokuTV = device.GetDisplayProperties()
isRokuTV = rokuTV.internal
if isRokuTV then
        ' automatic debug enabled, rokuTV problem device
        enableRokuDebug
endIf

You can do this to tell. It will at least give you an indication how far things get before they stop replying to you. Have it detect rokuTV and regardless of user setting of the debug option, enable it and start sending yourself debug from users of the app. That is the only way to solve it. Roku isn't offering brightscript crash logs. Users cant enable debug logging if they cant enter the app and turn it on. But.. the app can turn it on inside itself if it detects a rokuTV and you get your debug logs.

Edited by speechles

Jdiesel

When something similar was happening to me a few months back the solution was to do a factory reset on Roku. Deleting the channel didn't do anything.

I've tried something on a hunch... please try the beta version 3.0.90.

I can also state that 3.0.90 resolved my issue.  Thanks so much, guys, for taking care of this for us!

• Like 1

The fact my hunch fixed it confirms this is related to a Roku firmware bug we've seen before.  Not sure why it is just now happening for some in this case but this particular problem has always been a bit random.

It also is particularly nasty because it doesn't throw an exception and cannot be trapped with the Roku debugging tools.  The whole app just stops executing.

The fact my hunch fixed it confirms this is related to a Roku firmware bug we've seen before.  Not sure why it is just now happening for some in this case but this particular problem has always been a bit random.

It also is particularly nasty because it doesn't throw an exception and cannot be trapped with the Roku debugging tools.  The whole app just stops executing.

3.0.91, back to broken again.

dcook

You would think if the Dev's were aware of the issue they would just fix it once and be done with it, instead of having the same apparent issue keep reoccurring in future versions?