Hi - I would like to setup user accounts for 'parents' and 'kids'. I want to have some control in place so that my kids can't select the 'parents' or default admin account and immediately get access to all of the content on the server. I have not been able to find a way to set a PIN for the users. Here is what I've done so far:
- Installed the server and setup a default admin account. I've linked this account to Emby Connect
- Subscribed to Emby Premier (again with my default email linked to Emby Connect and the default admin account)
- Created a local user and attempted to associated with my Emby Connect account (this fails every time - I've sent an email mentioned in the error message and have received a response).
- Installed the app on iOS and logged in with my Emby Connect account (which is also the local admin account)
- When launching the app - I can select either user and I am not prompted to 'login', the content is available without any restriction
I know I can restrict content via ratings or keywords, but neither option will prevent someone from launching an account that has access to all of the media.
Here is what I would like to happen (if I have a step wrong, please set me on the right path):
- Install the app (iOS, AppleTV, Roku, etc...) login to connect my Emby Connect & Premier account
- launch the app and have the choice of which user to 'login' as
- be prompted to enter a PIN for each user (or in the case of my Kids - no PIN)
- get access to the content based on the users settings (either library access, keywords, or ratings restrictions)
Any help is appreciated.