Emby Server for Western Digital NAS

Luke

Hi, I'm just starting to try out Emby too. Have the Windows version running now, but would like to run it off my WD NAS instead. Will any of these versions work on the EX4100?

Hi, not at this time. We may build a package for that model in the future. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
daltonrenaldo

Could you ssh into either of them and go to /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog ? Is there an emby-server folder? Or is it still inside the _install directory?

The emby-server folder is actually nowhere. Not in the _install directory, nor in the Nas_Prog. How do I proceed?

The emby-server folder is actually nowhere. Not in the _install directory, nor in the Nas_Prog. How do I proceed?

Hi there, since this is your first post, can you please describe what your issue is? Thanks !

Françoise

If emby is currently installed, try to restart pr2100, then uninstall emby. Then restart pr2100 and install again.

If not installed try to restart pr2100 and install again.

Mind you, I haven't tested if the package works, but if it does work, that should make it install.

If emby is currently installed, try to restart pr2100, then uninstall emby. Then restart pr2100 and install again.

If not installed try to restart pr2100 and install again.

Mind you, I haven't tested if the package works, but if it does work, that should make it install.

Just curious, why do you think this will get it to install?

No luck as per suggestion.  Unit is brand new.

So was mine, same problem. Error on the install. I gave up after 3 days and am using Plex instead

Uninstalling, rebootinging and or reinstalling made no difference (nor would I expect it to). The package is either broken (doubtable, as newer packages have exhibited the same problem), or new devices are shipping and are different to the ones everyone else has in some unknown respect.

tafelpoowt

@@Luke

I checked the latest emby-server-western_digital_pr4100_3.6.0.2_x86_64 binariy but it still suffers from the same issue.

# skip header
dd if=emby-server-*.bin of=emby.tar.gz bs=200 skip=1
# unpack
tar xf emby.tar.gz
cd emby-server
# check signature to be md5, it should print emby-server but it doesn't as it was sha256 encoded.
openssl bf-cbc -d -in apkg.sign  -k Lidho.mdk3K3h -md md5

bad decrypt
139640512988824:error:06065064:digital envelope routines:EVP_DecryptFinal_ex:bad decrypt:evp_enc.c:529:

Could you check the openssl version in the build environment used for these binaries. It should be 1.0.xx, not higher.

The mksapkg binary uses the default cipher of the environment, which changed from md5 to sha256 in newer openssl versions.

Hence, use an environment with openssl 1.0.xx, e.g. ubuntu 16.04.

Note: Don't try to create the sign file manually, it is overwritten by mksapkg every time.

Edited by tafelpoowt

Robert X. Gonzalez

Luke,

It works!  My WD PR2100 successfully installed Emby.  I am excited...OMG..now must configure and test it before I decommission my current server in favor of the WD.  !!!!! :)

Edited by Robert X. Gonzalez

Zabiziz

It's possible to install emby server on a My Cloud Expert Series EX2 Ultra? If so what file should I use? Emby site only show DL and PR products.

Thanks

Embyfied

I'm sorry if this is a spam in an old thread, but I have to say...

Thank you to @@Luke and @@tafelpoowt and everyone that complained (most of all) -- LOL -- and your perseverance to see it through.

You've earned my money (I'd say friends), but I don't know these guys.

A very earnest thank you and true appreciation for your work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi developers,

i tried an update to V 3.5, didn't work.

Installing to 3.6.0.2 Beta worked.

I have 2 problems:

1. The Server is hanging during an scan of the music library

2. After deleting path information, scan, new path information, scan -> problem 1 -> no artist information, folder images, genres ... in the metadata.

What kind of information do you need to put the finger on it?

post-197409-0-57131900-1534411254_thumb.png

post-197409-0-65165800-1534411266_thumb.png

post-197409-0-98146100-1534411278_thumb.png

post-197409-0-43857400-1534411287_thumb.png

post-197409-0-75588700-1534411298_thumb.png

post-197409-0-78225700-1534411310_thumb.png

post-197409-0-94810200-1534411321_thumb.png

post-197409-0-54952400-1534411330_thumb.png

Hi developers,

i tried an update to V 3.5, didn't work.

Installing to 3.6.0.2 Beta worked.

I have 2 problems:

1. The Server is hanging during an scan of the music library

2. After deleting path information, scan, new path information, scan -> problem 1 -> no artist information, folder images, genres ... in the metadata.

What kind of information do you need to put the finger on it?

Hi there @@bkh, please attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks.

For #2 - what do you mean "deleting path information"? Can you please explain that? Thanks.

Hello,

i'm using emby server in german language, so i only can give you a screenshot of the public music library.

here is one of the logfiles with the unhandled exception, i hope this is the right one for you:

System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection reset by peer   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error)   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.GetResult(Int16 token)   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacketAsync(Stream transport, AsyncProtocolRequest request)   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ThrowIfExceptional()   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckThrow(Boolean authSuccessCheck, Boolean shutdownCheck)   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckOldKeyDecryptedData(Memory`1 buffer)   at System.Net.Security.SslState.HandleQueuedCallback(Object& queuedStateRequest)   at System.Net.Security.SslState.FinishHandshakeRead(Int32 newState)   at System.Net.Security.SslState.FinishHandshake(Exception e, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)   at System.Net.Security.SslState.RehandshakeCompleteCallback(IAsyncResult result)   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)   at System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest.CompleteUserWithError(Exception e)   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacketAsync(Stream transport, AsyncProtocolRequest request)   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()System.IO.IOException   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error)   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.GetResult(Int16 token)   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacketAsync(Stream transport, AsyncProtocolRequest request)   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ThrowIfExceptional()   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckThrow(Boolean authSuccessCheck, Boolean shutdownCheck)   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckOldKeyDecryptedData(Memory`1 buffer)   at System.Net.Security.SslState.HandleQueuedCallback(Object& queuedStateRequest)   at System.Net.Security.SslState.FinishHandshakeRead(Int32 newState)   at System.Net.Security.SslState.FinishHandshake(Exception e, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)   at System.Net.Security.SslState.RehandshakeCompleteCallback(IAsyncResult result)   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)   at System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest.CompleteUserWithError(Exception e)   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacketAsync(Stream transport, AsyncProtocolRequest request)   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketExceptionSystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException (104): Connection reset by peer

Gracias bkh

post-197409-0-81042000-1534519680_thumb.png

I deleted the path information in the options page of public music. Picture in #148

After that the server doesn't freeze anymore.

Edited by bkh