MacOS Setup

Luke

tarnalcock

I am struggling on my mac mini. OS X 10.7 lion fresh install. Edited hosts. Hostname is minimac so tried that. Also minimac.local have restarted a bazilion times. Killed the dnsresponder process. Reinstalled. All to no avail. Installed pkg after hosts edit. Ran emby.server.mac icon comes up at the top. Any action on that icon makes it die. Safari cannot open localhost:8086. Tried 127.0.0.1:8086 and my IP. None work. However HTpc manager works fine on port 8085,straight out the box. Where can I find the logs to try diagnose this?

tarnalcock

Have also tried 127.0.0.1 localhost minimac minimal.local all on one line as suggested elsewhere. Found the logs. So many errors all over the place. Does Tue fact that I am not connected to the Internet have anything to do with it?

Possibly yes. You don't need a permanent internet connection but you do during initial setup because it downloads components.

tarnalcock

Have also tried 127.0.0.1 localhost minimac minimal.local all on one line as suggested elsewhere. Found the logs. So many errors all over the place. Does Tue fact that I am not connected to the Internet have anything to do with it?

tarnalcock

tarnalcock

My apologies it appears that my post went through multiple times! I will give it a bash when I am near Internet again. Would it be possible to download the components manually?

Not at the moment. Once you get through the setup wizard an internet connection won't be required going forward

• 2 weeks later...
tarnalcock

Just an update, I was able to circumvent this by copying the emby-server folder from my one pc to the other, shortly after completing the installation wizard. However - as soon as I got the chance to get the other one on the net, I did a proper install - to be sure all was well.

• 2 weeks later...
habanany

Im new to Mac and I'm afraid to make a mess, i went to download emby and found this instruction ...

Installation

Configure Hosts
Open the Terminal Application
Type sudo nano /etc/hosts
Add the following to the end of the file (substitute COMPUTERNAME):
127.0.0.1 COMPUTERNAME
Press ctrl+X then Y then return (to save added text).

can anyone translate the instruction for me, thanks

to be more specific, it is kind of confusing to me, i would like to know if 127.0.0.1 goes right after /etc/hosts i mean, no space needed in between ? i have same question about the computer name, spaces needed or all together, thanks again 

Juanmanuelius

Im new to Mac and I'm afraid to make a mess, i went to download emby and found this instruction ...

Installation

Configure Hosts
127.0.0.1 COMPUTERNAME

to be more specific, it is kind of confusing to me, i would like to know if 127.0.0.1 goes right after /etc/hosts i mean, no space needed in between ? i have same question about the computer name, spaces needed or all together, thanks again 

You can put your alias if you want.

As example:

My admin user is Juan Manuel Xxxxx Xxxxxxxxx

I put: 127.0.0.1 Juanma

• 2 weeks later...
paulsmid

Hi is this package already to be used in OS 10.11.1? When i try to install, the installers hangs at 'verify the installer package'.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
norriesheng

I installed Emby last night and receive the following error when trying to select a folder path for a Media Library:

There was an error adding the media path. Please ensure the path is valid and the Emby Server process has access to that location.

I've tried many different folders starting from '/' and I get that error no matter what path I use.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

*** Downloaded yesterday's release - fixed issue, Thanks! ***

Edited by norriesheng

I installed Emby last night and receive the following error when trying to select a folder path for a Media Library:

There was an error adding the media path. Please ensure the path is valid and the Emby Server process has access to that location.

I've tried many different folders starting from '/' and I get that error no matter what path I use.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

*** Downloaded yesterday's release - fixed issue, Thanks! ***

Can  you provide the server log?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

It is probably just going to tell us the server can't access the path, but i just want to confirm. Important thing is the account the server runs under needs access to whatever folder you want to add.

• 2 weeks later...

Installation

Configure Hosts
127.0.0.1 COMPUTERNAME

Also a newbie here and installed it correctly after all steps, but emby simply won't load the setup wizard. Already tried manually but nothing :( any help?

Also a newbie here and installed it correctly after all steps, but emby simply won't load the setup wizard. Already tried manually but nothing :( any help?

OK guys finally working - somehow my mac took a huge while to deliver that ACCEPT incoming ... from Emby.. so it's authorized now, cheers!

• Like 1

OK guys finally working - somehow my mac took a huge while to deliver that ACCEPT incoming ... from Emby.. so it's authorized now, cheers!

Hello, could you be so kind as to post the steps you took in editing your terminal? I must be doing something wrong as I can not get my local host to load the install wizard. When I enter the "sudo nano /etc/hosts and hit enter, my terminal looks correct in that it displays the following:

##

# Host Database

#

#

# localhost is used to configure the lookback interface

# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.

##

127.0.0.1            localhost

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx broadcasthost

::1                 localhost

fe80::1%lo0      localhost

127.0.0.1 XXXXXMacBookPro

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

corylorentz

Had this working great for a while and installed the latest update on Friday... now nothing plays, either locally or remotely. I can access the server on my Mac Mini and browse the movie library but when I select a movie to play i just get a blank screen with the movie logo/title on the upper left and the gear and X on the upper right. I can also access the server and library from my iPhone and iPad, but when i select a movie to play i just get the swirling circle and a black screen... any idea what may have happened? Happy to share log files if someone can tell me how to access those and would be happy to allow assistance from Teamviewer if someone is willing to help... Really love this app and want it to work again!

Thanks, 

cory

• Like 1

corylorentz

Here's an Error Report from the server logs... Any ideas here?

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.0.5781.2

Command line: /Applications/Emby.Server.Mac.app/Contents/MacOS/Emby.Server.Mac

Operating system: Unix 15.0.0.0

Processor count: 4

64-Bit OS: False

64-Bit Process: False

Program data path: /Users/corylorentz/.config/emby-server

Mono: 3.10.0 ((detached/d1a1ea3)

Application Path: /Applications/Emby.Server.Mac.app/Contents/MonoBundle/Emby.Server.Mac.exe

One or more errors occurred

System.AggregateException

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[system.Object].get_Result () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FastMember_dynamic.Task`1_1.get_Item (System.Object , System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ServiceStack.TaskExt.GetResult (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1+<>c__DisplayClass4[MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.Hls.GetHlsVideoSegment].<Execute>b__0 (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskActionInvoker+FuncTaskInvoke`1[system.Object].Invoke (System.Threading.Tasks.Task owner, System.Object state, System.Threading.Tasks.Task context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThreadStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

InnerException: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException

The Task was canceled

• 4 weeks later...

Had this working great for a while and installed the latest update on Friday... now nothing plays, either locally or remotely. I can access the server on my Mac Mini and browse the movie library but when I select a movie to play i just get a blank screen with the movie logo/title on the upper left and the gear and X on the upper right. I can also access the server and library from my iPhone and iPad, but when i select a movie to play i just get the swirling circle and a black screen... any idea what may have happened? Happy to share log files if someone can tell me how to access those and would be happy to allow assistance from Teamviewer if someone is willing to help... Really love this app and want it to work again!

Thanks, 

cory

Sorry, I missed this. Are you still having issues? Please try again on the latest release. Thanks.