22 replies to this topic

#21 tdiguy OFFLINE  

tdiguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Local time: 04:27 AM

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:00 AM

I am now having significant issues as well...I just did the same thing as you, I was using repo but it was not updating.  I used the deb install and updated and I thought everything was fine...but I discovered, as you did, that the folder name changed from "emby-server" to "emby" that has caused all kinds of things in my setup to go haywire.  I can fix all the things that are related to my shares, metadata updating etc. that goes on outside of emby...but now it appears that emby itself is broken as I am getting errors trying to scan the library.

From the dashboard it displays this...obviously because "emby-server" folder no longer exists.  Other than doing a simlink, is there a way to tell emby that the folder name is different?  I would have assumed that running the deb would have done a proper upgrade, which is what I read from a comment @Luke made in a post.

What to do next?

Scan media library failed.
56 minutes ago
Could not find a part of the path '/var/lib/emby-server/root/default/Movies - DS1817'.

I remember seeing a post with a similar problem to this in the test area shortly after the switchover to the pre-built packages. I think someone had gone through and made a symlink or something from the old folder to the new folder. I wish i could say i remember better what was done. For many i think its less problematic to backup everything, remove the old emby, install new emby and then restore libraries and such. 

#22 ulrick65 OFFLINE  

ulrick65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Local time: 03:27 AM

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:07 PM

I remember seeing a post with a similar problem to this in the test area shortly after the switchover to the pre-built packages. I think someone had gone through and made a symlink or something from the old folder to the new folder. I wish i could say i remember better what was done. For many i think its less problematic to backup everything, remove the old emby, install new emby and then restore libraries and such. 

Thanks, I found that...but I didn't want to mess around with Symlinks, I prefer to keep things clean.  I could be wrong about this, but I don't think restoring a backup would solve the problem because the backup information for each library pointed to the old folder any would simply restore the libraries as they were (pointing to the wrong place).

I ended up removing the libraries...which was kind of a chore as it kicked a lot of errors and took a while to remove them all.  I then rebooted and added them back (which also took a while as I have a lot of stuff to scan in each library).  In the end, it seems to all be working normally now.  Was a pain though for sure.

I see that @Luke mentioned this is fixed in a beta or something so it doesn't happen to folks in the future...so that is a good thing.

Thanks.

#23 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131524 posts
  • Local time: 04:27 AM

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:58 PM

Switching between our older install package that updated using apt-get update, and our new .deb based packages is something that wasn't really intended. They are currently not compatible.

The best approach would be a fresh install of the new package, or a rename/symlinks of certain folders based on what this user did:

https://emby.media/c...-3410/?p=576120

Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: picture, pictures, 3.4, update, missing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users