Collection (BoxSet) Items Missing

kingy444

kingy444

I manually created a couple of boxsets to meet the missing 'list' import for the Auto BoxSets Plugin

edit: to be clear, manually created via the web interface

Mostly these worked fine, but i noticed a couple of these refuse to load some items

I can see in the log that the post request adds it to the collection

2018-04-29 20:29:44.603 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://10.0.0.42:8096/emby/Collections/b95920dba56bc2f6ec859036cc8a1232/Items?Ids=1824365008a5bc8a159c2525c3b3dbe2. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.117 Safari/537.36

And confirm it adds to the collections.xml in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\collections\* - though i understand EMBY does not actually read these collection.xml files.

Where should i start to look with where my problem lies. I have two movies with the issue, but nothing in common that i can tell - I actually have 3D versions of the same films (stored in a different location) that appear just fine, and other movies in the same root as these so it makes no sense, and no errors relating to this in the logs.

Edited by kingy444

kingy444

And the complete server log?

ive had multiple restarts simce first detected and the kodi plugin sync seems to make the logs huge.

would a log including a fresh restart, accessing the collection be enough. or would you like

me to try and add the item through the interface again as part of the capture

Happy2Play

Have you examined the collection.xml content to ensure everything looks correct?

kingy444

Have you examined the collection.xml content to ensure everything looks correct?

Yep, even tested the paths exist. Other items in the same parent folder are added fine. Happy to provide a log, just want to make sure I capture the events Luke is looking for.

Not sure if it’s worth noting as I haven’t tried with a movie that is successfully in the collection, but when attempting to add the missing items to the collection again their entry in the collections.xml is duplicated

kingy444

I was able to replicate the error with another film so this log should contain the entire process

I note the collection has 42 items - possible size limit ?

server-63660902400.zip

Edited by kingy444

Happy2Play

updated and now problem worse - now half my collections have disappaeard

thought they might just be reloading but its been hours

Has a library scan finished since updating to 3.4?  Log appear to processing the collection images.

kingy444

The interface doesn’t indicate there is anything going on

No tasks running or progress symbols on the folders

kingy444

@@Luke Rebooted and let the system rescan, which rebuilt but the problem persists

So I started again from scratch.

Deleted the collection and started to re-add everything. My assumption is related to the particular file, but it plays fine and emby sees it in other contexts so not sure why the collections area is not liking it.

Added some movies and worked fine. Then a particular movie didnt work again.

Deleted the collection again, and added just that movie. It appears to have created a blank collection. While the collection.xml (attached) has the file listed, the interface (also attached) never displays the film

New collection id is 88bcb685b3b91ecbac0521e8a1833524

On a side note, is there a CoverArt incompatability with 3.4 server? I see alot of "Error enhancing image" in the log

Edit: I see now an error looking for folder.jpg which doesnt exist - its using poster.jpg as are all the others. Not sure why this is still trying to reach folder.jpg as i cant see a reference to it anywhere in the metadata and have just performed a full refresh on the items metadata and duplicated the error.

EMBY.zip

Edited by kingy444

kingy444

I would suggest trying the new 3.4 server release, thanks.

same issue still present on 3.4.1.0

I haven't been able to reproduce this. Make sure your emby user is granted access to the content.

kingy444

I haven't been able to reproduce this. Make sure your emby user is granted access to the content.

definitely does - no restrictions in place, everything is read/write.

Reidentified the movie, deleted all metadata and reindexed it. File plays back fine, struggling to indentify the problem

I did find it strange that right when i try to add the item to the collection if tries to look for folder.jpg - i refreshed all metadata content in my library a few weeks back so i would be surprised id i have any left.Everything should be poster.jpg now, and this one definitely is.

• 6 months later...
kingy444

definitely does - no restrictions in place, everything is read/write.

Reidentified the movie, deleted all metadata and reindexed it. File plays back fine, struggling to indentify the problem

I did find it strange that right when i try to add the item to the collection if tries to look for folder.jpg - i refreshed all metadata content in my library a few weeks back so i would be surprised id i have any left.Everything should be poster.jpg now, and this one definitely is.

@@Luke

Just letting you know the potential cause of this issue. Finally had some time to really deep dive into this one and sorted it out.

All the folder.jpg references in the log were getting to me as I no longer had any, long since had the new poster.jpg files.

I deleted my library.db and fully reindexed to remove these references, and the issue is gone.

Seems the autoboxsets was failing to add a movie to the boxset collection if the item had no coverart it could reference.

While the items had a poster.jpg the autoboxset still tried to use the folder.jpg and failed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
AntaresFR

A little upgrade to this problem.

I reencoded a movie i had in a box set. So i had it in mp4 in the folder and a new mkv version in the same folder. After library scan, i dropped the mp4 version.
I can see in the collection.xml that the path has been updated with the mkv remaining version. But on emby, in collection, I dont see the movie in the corresponding saga :(

I tried to scan another time the library, refresh the auto-box set plugin in its menu, refresh metadata. No success. I dont want to drop my library.db another time.

So atm, i have a Saga with one movie displayed in emby but 2 movies in the xml, with good paths...

Edited by AntaresFR

GhostRider

Are you having the same movie twice in the collection xml file? I think you have to manually delete redundant collection item entries in the collection xml file.

AntaresFR

Are you having the same movie twice in the collection xml file? I think you have to manually delete redundant collection item entries in the collection xml file.

Nono i have each movie one time, but one doesn't show :)

I had :

- Man of steel (2013).mp4

- Batman vs Superman (XXX).mkv

I have re-encode man of steel so i switched to

- Man of Steel (2013).mkv

- Batman vs Superman (XXX).mkv

the collection.xml is good :

<CollectionItem>
      <Path>Movies\Man of Steel (2013)\Man of Steel (2013).mkv</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>Movies\Batman v Superman - L'Aube de la Justice (2016)\Batman v Superman - L'Aube de la Justice (2016).mkv</Path>
    </CollectionItem>

But only Batman vs Superman is showing in the saga.

Edited by AntaresFR

AntaresFR

Yes i removed the start of the path in this extract ;)

But it's full in the original xml \\server\Path\Movies\Man of Steel (2013)\Man of Steel (2013).mkv

GhostRider

Try removing the Man of Steel (2013) collection item from the XML file.

Then In Emby select Man of Steel (2013) movie and add it back into the collection.