Collection (BoxSet) Items Missing

kingy444

Happy2Play

Wow i did the test too and this time it worked. So why am i unable to get back my man of steel in the collection ? :D

Can you zip the collection.xml and the item nfo files​, and I'll make the necessary path changes and test with your info.

Happy2Play

Here

attachicon.gifZIPPP.zip

I'm currently rebuilding the library.db.

Had no issue using these files to populate items and collection.  Rename both files extensions from mkv to disc and both items appeared separately.  Performed library scan and both item were grouped into collection.  Only defect is in collection.xml but appears resolved in next release (3.6).

<CollectionItems>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies\Man of Steel (2013)\Man of Steel (2013).mkv</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies\Batman v Superman - L'Aube de la Justice (2016)\Batman v Superman - L'Aube de la Justice (2016).mkv</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies\Man of Steel (2013)\Man of Steel (2013).disc</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies\Batman v Superman - L'Aube de la Justice (2016)\Batman v Superman - L'Aube de la Justice (2016).disc</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
  </CollectionItems>

AntaresFR

I dont know what happened but it happened on two collections for me and i'm unable to get the item back on emby UI, even if it is in collection.xml with right path.

And it already happened before because I had to drop the library.db one time when I saw and replied first time to this topic.

And i'm sure after rebuilding the library.db it will be displayed correctly in the collection. We will see, it should be finished in less than one hour i think.

Edited by AntaresFR

AntaresFR

Rebuild of library.db done.

Item is now showing in the collection.

post-363485-0-60666500-1546255410_thumb.jpg

And I didnt relaunched the refresh of the box set.

It took my old collection.xml and shows the 2 movies.

So it's sure problem is not in nfo or collection.xml. But there should be something in the library.db.

Happy2Play

I'm sure I will encouter this another time if I switch some mp4 for new mkv :)

I'll say you !

But the question would be if this was only a issue with a older database, so can it be replicated in a new database?  If so then Luke will put more time into trying to find the issue.   As I can not reproduce this behavior on my systems.

AntaresFR

I think it's not an issue with an older database cause i have already dropped library.db one time since 3.6.0.76 cause of this same thing :)

Happy2Play

I think it's not an issue with an older database cause i have already dropped library.db one time since 3.6.0.76 cause of this same thing :)

Do you mean deleted the library.db?  What OS, as I can not reproduce this any of my Windows systems?

AntaresFR

Yes I had to deleted the library.db one time cause of this, like Kingy444 who opened this topic.

My emby server runs on a Windows Server 2016.

AntaresFR

I didn't found any solution except droping the library.db and letting it rebuilding for hours :D

To help emby team finding a solution it could be nice to have a dummy librarie with the bug, with no confidential info in it. I'm sure there is a residual wrong path or other thing in the library.db

alturismo

well, due checking through all this i started filling some old collections, example jack ryan.

all movies exept one where added to collection, but again one is just not jumping in ... whyever ...

may i ask how i get this feature disabled completely ? as soon i delete the collections they are just rebuilded again ;)

may i ask how i get this feature disabled completely ? as soon i delete the collections they are just rebuilded again ;)

Uninstall the Auto Box Sets plug-in.

alturismo

Uninstall the Auto Box Sets plug-in.

sorry again, but they are back again without box sets plugin ...

no huge point, then im removing them from sight ... but i guess its always automatically created once the Collection ID´s are there ... ?

but i guess its always automatically created once the Collection ID´s are there ... ?

Not unless the plug-in is there.  Did you re-start your server after uninstalling the plug-in?

Uninstalling the plug-in will just make it stop creating new collections.  It won't delete collections already created...

• 2 months later...
AntaresFR

Just an update. I'm now on 4.1.0.12 beta and the problem just came back.

I have all the Saw collection, with 8 movies. I had Saw I and Saw II in mp4.

I made a new encoding of bluray and got them in mkv.

I put the mkv files in place of the respective mp4 files.

I did a full library scan then i refreshed the AutoBox Set plugin

The collection.xml took correctly the new mkv files in place of the two mp4

The two movies are missing in the collection....

ATM I dont want to drop another time my library.db to rebuild it, so I dont know where to check and how to correct that.

Edited by AntaresFR

AntaresFR

Here are some screenshots.

The missing movies are in the collection.xml and in the metadata manager server side.

5c7bd8966de20_Server.png

5c7bd8a74f57a_Server2.png

5c7bd8b0db79e_Server3.png

5c7bd8bb366ee_Server4.png

5c7bd8c5bdb25_Server5.png

Edited by AntaresFR

CChris

Today, I also noticed that some of my filmes haven't been added automatically to a collection.
But I thought, it might be related to the meta-data provider?!

Probably, I should try to reproduce the issue?
But how should I proceed, after adding the filmes to the collection manually?

AntaresFR

I continue to check things and I can see seomething strange.

In the metadata manager, server side :

- In movies, all Saw movies have their "External Id" (between 3D format and genders sections) pointing to same collections, it's all ok.

- In collection, the two missing movies don't have their "External Id" (between 3D format and genders sections) !

- Im not able to get them back here. Their should be an orphan link somewhere in the database.

If I create a new empty collection and add the new mkv files to this new collection, collecton stays empty. I m pretty sure there is a kind of cache somewhere pointing to old mp4 movies and cause the "bug"

Edited by AntaresFR

AntaresFR

Ok i manage to solve it !

- I stopped the emby server

- I opened the library.db with a sqlite editor

- I checked the MediaItems table for file correponding to Saw.

- I found items and saw (:D) that all items have 2 rows. One for the folder containing the movie file and one for the file, except the two problematic movies. They had 3 rows !
- I dropped the 2 useless rows from the table

- I saved the database

- I start emby server and tadammmmm, movies are back in collection.

Here is a screenshot with the 2 useless rows (the one which have "AdditionalParts" in data column

Regards

5c7bf01fb9383_Capture.png