Question about Emby for Samsung

Mel2711

Mel2711

Hi 

I recently bought a new PC, upgraded by EMBY to Premier and did a back up before moving it to my new machine.  All good.  But my Samsung TV now won't connect or open emby, I see the Lounge Room screen but it won't progress from there.

Not very tech savvy, so you might need to step me through this slowly.

Mel

mastrmind11

Hi 

I recently bought a new PC, upgraded by EMBY to Premier and did a back up before moving it to my new machine.  All good.  But my Samsung TV now won't connect or open emby, I see the Lounge Room screen but it won't progress from there.

Not very tech savvy, so you might need to step me through this slowly.

Mel

Did the IP of your new computer change? Since you say you're not tech savvy, I'd assume you didn't set a static IP.  And assuming your new computer is pre-built, then your network MAC address will be different, which means even if your router reserved the IP based on your old computer's NIC card, it won't apply to the new one.  Just delete the old server from the server picker on your TV and re-add it.  If using Emby Connect it should just find it.  If not, you'll have to go to your PC and write down the IP address so you can enter it manually in the Emby client.

Mel2711

Hi

I deleted EMBY off the TV and reloaded it.  No good.  It won't load the Emby app at all now.  At least before it would open it and go to the 'lounge room' scene and just sit there.

I'm sorry I am so difficult.

Melissa

Mel2711

Hi 

Please ignore the last message.  I didn't restart the TV and when i did it all fired into life. Thanks so much x