Photo

Server stuck on indexing

server indexing hung stuck osx

Best Answer Luke , 30 March 2018 - 12:43 AM

You have a number of plugins installed, and two of them in particular will cause library scans to take longer:

• kodi sync
  • roku thumbnails

Please try removing those plugins. Additionally it looks like you may have customized the server's cache path but forgotten to grant write access on that folder:

2018-03-28 10:26:52.072 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/113561/all/en.zip
2018-03-28 10:26:52.121 Error App: Error in TheTVDB
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.3.0.0
	Command line: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Unix 17.4.0.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /Users/administrator/emby-server
	Application directory: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/Volumes/Lacie 1/EMBY/CACHE/cache/tvdb/113561' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

This is going to create a situation where files are downloaded from the internet over and over because they can't be cached locally.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 jakeclifford OFFLINE  

jakeclifford

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Local time: 12:12 AM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:58 PM

i turned off plex scanning till this is operational.  just to make sure it doesn't interfere. 

#22 jakeclifford OFFLINE  

jakeclifford

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:23 PM

2018-03-30 17:51:37.338 Info HttpClient: POST https://api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc

2018-03-30 17:51:37.768 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.3.1.0
Command line: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll -psn_0_1712546 -noautorunwebapp
Operating system: Unix 17.4.0.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Processor count: 4
Program data path: /Users/administrator/emby-server
Application directory: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: 520
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Subtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.<SearchSubtitlesAsync>d__33.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Subtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.<Search>d__32.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.<SearchSubtitles>d__16.MoveNext()
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Subtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.<SearchSubtitlesAsync>d__33.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Subtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.<Search>d__32.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.<SearchSubtitles>d__16.MoveNext()

#23 jakeclifford OFFLINE  

jakeclifford

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

i am getting an error related to open subtitles.  here is an updated log, i have fixed all the above things and seem to be getting closer in traction but on going through the most recent logs i noticed open subtitles error.

i have attached the complete log here. 

#24 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135862 posts
  • Local time: 10:42 PM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

That's looks like an error coming from open subtitles server. Nothing to worry about. It will handle that and continue forward.

I would just allow the scan to finish now that you've made adjustments based on previous suggestions.

#25 jakeclifford OFFLINE  

jakeclifford

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:26 PM

okay, i was just letting it scan a small directory of 100 less things before i let it scan my 30,000 plus tv shows lol

#26 jakeclifford OFFLINE  

jakeclifford

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:34 PM

I am seeing the errors now in the dashboard coming up from open subtitles now.  Is there a good alternative open subtitles that one might recommend.  i have friends in czech who like to watch the english show but with czech subtitles.  Any ideas?  

#27 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135862 posts
  • Local time: 10:42 PM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:39 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. When OpenSubtitles resolves it, it will go away and when the server tries again, then it will be able to download them.

#28 jakeclifford OFFLINE  

jakeclifford

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:10 AM

Can i get a few people to test remote play back from my server to see what the experience is like.  Id be interested to see how the speeds and load times look like.  Server seems to have finished indexing 4 of my directories now.   I would appreciate some testing now. 

Thx you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: server, indexing, hung, stuck, osx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users