Developing a standalone embystat server

reggi

darkassassin07

Just installed beta.9

Didn't have any issues with install or initial scan, no major errors. I started by deleting everything, extracted the zip and ran the exe. Went through the setup and ran a media sync.

My shows total watchable time is still wrong however: (issue #812)

153 shows

19287 epps

3d 15h 57m total time

@@reggi the link I pm'd you earlier has been updated with the new db file if you want it. (same link, new file. Its hosted from my server)

Edited by darkassassin07

reggi

Thanks everyone for testing the .9 version!!

@@magmu, make sense, I'll try to update the xml config asap!

@@mbc0, dashboard is empty indeed for the moment :) I'm working on some ideas to put some content there.

@@Pog22, looks like there should be an easier way of getting the data persistent no? Maybe I'm still doing something wrong with my docker container builds. 

@magmu, thanks for the tutorial, I'll put in on the wiki for other users asap. But it doesn't seem to be a "normal" way of installing a docker container on unraid. So I still need to figure out how to get this running smooth on unraid as well.

@@darkassassin07, thanks for the links! Let me check what's happening because normally it should work ( I have toe "works on my machine" badge :D )

Eisi2005

Hello, the unraid docker manual of magmu does not work for me. I have to call the path variable / embystat so that the Docker starts. it does not work with / app / config. Strangely enough, the docker works, but there are no configfiles in my directory. this is what my config looks like:

Name: EmbyStatServer
Repository: uping / embystat: beta-ubuntu-x64

Host Port 1: 6555
Container Port: 6555
Host Path 1: / mnt / user / appdata / embystat / config /
Container Path: / embystat

Furthermore, I have a question about the function. He scans my films, series, everything ok. With the old statistics plugin one could select the user and let their statistic show, that does not function here yet?

reggi

Hi @@Eisi2005, at the moment the functionality to see stat's per users is not implemented yet like you are used to see in the plugin.

Currently I'm working on getting some kind of stable version. After that more and more statistics will be implemented as we go.

As for the Unraid setup, I don't understand why the config folder is empty because it should be populated with the nlog.config file. I will check my build logs, maybe something went wrong there!

Hello, the unraid docker manual of magmu does not work for me. I have to call the path variable / embystat so that the Docker starts. it does not work with / app / config. Strangely enough, the docker works, but there are no configfiles in my directory. this is what my config looks like:

Name: EmbyStatServer

Repository: uping / embystat: beta-ubuntu-x64

Host Port 1: 6555

Container Port: 6555

Host Path 1: / mnt / user / appdata / embystat / config /

Container Path: / embystat

Furthermore, I have a question about the function. He scans my films, series, everything ok. With the old statistics plugin one could select the user and let their statistic show, that does not function here yet?

@@Eisi2005

Did you follow the last step and manually put the nlog.config in place? What errors are you getting when you have /app/config mounted?

Edited by magmu

mgworek

Just got the new version up and running. awesome job @@magmu with the unraid instructions. A lot better then my past ones, heh.

@@reggi is there anyway you can have a small icon somewhere on your github page so we can add it to the docker config so we get a logo? I am currently have one for myself on one of my servers but I am sure other people would want one.

added a screen shot of what it looks like without one. Also attached is what I use for the image.

post-9074-0-07534700-1565291145_thumb.png

post-9074-0-24363100-1565291188_thumb.png

Edited by mgworek
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

Any chance you could make the Emby links use the Wan Url, mine runs in docker i can't get to it locally

What do you mean?  I manually edited my setup via Settings-Emby tab with my WAN information and all links used my WAN address.  By default discovery used my localip.

Edited by Happy2Play

Diedrich

@@reggi It sounds like we really need to get the API authentication implemented ASAP before any improvements continue.

@@Diedrich, did you try again with the .7 beta version? I push a fix a few hours back, hopefully it works again

I was referring to Issue #64

https://github.com/mregni/EmbyStat/issues/64#issue-321845943

Reference

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/wiki/Api-Key-Authentication
Edited by Diedrich

What do you mean?  I manually edited my setup via Settings-Emby tab with my WAN information and all links used my WAN address.  By default discovery used my localip.

This would mean that Embystat would be connecting to Emby through reverse proxy and routed through Cloudflare for all sync scans. I would rather it use the local network for sync

reggi

Hey guys,

I just released a new beta version .10 on Github and docker

- Fixed issue with media sync job not starting after wizard #859
- Skipping virtual episodes from Emby #865
- Querying for birth date on person sync #826
- Updating spelling #823
- Renamed "collection" to "library" #872
- Updated unraid template file to use new icons #889
- First step in updating logo's #886 (big thanks to @@Diedrich!)

EDIT: You need a clean install for beta.10 since I had to rename some config settings for issue #872

@@Pog22, I'll add a github issue for this so I can implement a setting that users can choose what address is used for the links and sync. Just to be clear, you want that EmbyStat uses your WAN address for all UI links and LAN address for sync job?

@@Diedrich, implementing the Emby API Key authentication is something I want to add in the next few beta's as well. I'll have to make a split in the wizard so people can choose between normal and token auth.

Happy testing!

Edited by reggi

hi,

first of all Congrats on this great Plugin

just now it gave me an error when syncing medi ... also a thing if can be improved .. media syncing is hell slow or maybe just for me

2019-08-13 16:35:50.8394 [iNFO] MEDIASYNC-JOB    Starting job
2019-08-13 16:35:50.8743 [iNFO] EMBY-CLIENT    Sending a ping to Emby
2019-08-13 16:35:50.8743 [iNFO] EMBY-CLIENT    Sending POST: http://10.0.126.2:8096/System/Ping?format=json
2019-08-13 16:35:50.8934 [iNFO] MEDIASYNC-JOB    First delete all existing media and root media libraries from database so we have a clean start.
2019-08-13 16:35:51.6305 [iNFO] MEDIASYNC-JOB    Asking Emby for all root folders
2019-08-13 16:35:51.6305 [iNFO] EMBY-CLIENT    Sending GET: http://10.0.126.2:8096/emby//Library/MediaFolders?format=json
2019-08-13 16:35:51.6947 [iNFO] MEDIASYNC-JOB    Found 18 root items, getting ready for processing
2019-08-13 16:35:51.7058 [iNFO] MEDIASYNC-JOB    Lets start processing movies
2019-08-13 16:35:51.7240 [ERROR] Error while running job System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.ToList()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.Jobs.Sync.MediaSyncJob.ProcessMoviesAsync(IReadOnlyList`1 libraries, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.Jobs.Sync.MediaSyncJob.RunJobAsync() in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Jobs\Jobs\Sync\MediaSyncJob.cs:line 88
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.BaseJob.Execute() in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Jobs\BaseJob.cs:line 54
2019-08-13 16:35:52.0972 [ERROR] MEDIASYNC-JOB    Job failed, check logs for more info.
2019-08-13 16:35:52.1755 [WARN] Failed to process the job '0cd1a261-e2f7-4f83-a10a-794102aefb61': an exception occurred. Retry attempt 1 of 2 will be performed in 00:00:35. System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.ToList()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.Jobs.Sync.MediaSyncJob.ProcessMoviesAsync(IReadOnlyList`1 libraries, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.Jobs.Sync.MediaSyncJob.RunJobAsync() in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Jobs\Jobs\Sync\MediaSyncJob.cs:line 88
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.BaseJob.Execute() in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Jobs\BaseJob.cs:line 54
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.BaseJob.Execute() in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Jobs\BaseJob.cs:line 66
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

Hey guys,

I just released a new beta version .10 on Github and docker

- Fixed issue with media sync job not starting after wizard #859
- Skipping virtual episodes from Emby #865
- Querying for birth date on person sync #826
- Updating spelling #823
- Renamed "collection" to "library" #872
- Updated unraid template file to use new icons #889
- First step in updating logo's #886 (big thanks to @@Diedrich!)

@@Pog22, I'll add a github issue for this so I can implement a setting that users can choose what address is used for the links and sync. Just to be clear, you want that EmbyStat uses your WAN address for all UI links and LAN address for sync job?

@@Diedrich, implementing the Emby API Key authentication is something I want to add in the next few beta's as well. I'll have to make a split in the wizard so people can choose between normal and token auth.

Happy testing!

my current version is v0.2.0-beta.10

and EmbyStat found no new update

16:44:55 13-08-19 JOB CONTROLLER => CHECKUDPATE-JOB job queued
16:45:07 13-08-19 CHECKUDPATE-JOB => Starting job
16:45:07 13-08-19 CHECKUDPATE-JOB => Contacting Github now to see if new version is available.
16:45:11 13-08-19 CHECKUDPATE-JOB => No new version available
16:45:11 13-08-19 CHECKUDPATE-JOB => Job finished after 1 minute.

The update from .9 to .10 didn't go smoothly, I had problems with collections where no collection types were selectable in settings. A scan returned no data. I ended up wiping and re-intalling and now see you changed collection to library. You should have a look at that

IkeTaylor11

after doing the .10 update i cant get anything to sync. Keep getting this error. 

08:43:56 13-08-19 MEDIASYNC-JOB => First delete all existing media and root media libraries from database so we have a clean start.

reggi

@@IkeTaylor11, can you send me the log file as well? (you can PM me if you want)

@@Pog22, you are correct. I forgot to mention that you need a clean install for this version. I'll edit the release post asap! Sorry, been some long days for me.

@@AYEHAN, did you do a clean install? Because I did performed a name change you need to do a clean install this time. You will not find any updates because beta.10 is the latest release.

mgworek

after doing the .10 update i cant get anything to sync. Keep getting this error. 

08:43:56 13-08-19 MEDIASYNC-JOB => First delete all existing media and root media libraries from database so we have a clean start.

I got this as well. I was going to delete everything and start fresh. doh, i didn't notice it said you had to do a fresh install. sorry.

Edited by mgworek

IkeTaylor11

I got this as well. I was going to delete everything and start fresh.

I already did that. Deleted everything in my main folder and unzipped the new package into that folder. Unless emby stat writes files to a different location on Windows besides the folder it resides in. 

Edited by IkeTaylor11

mgworek

I already did that. Deleted everything in my main folder and unzipped the new package into that folder. Unless emby stat writes files to a different location on Windows besides the folder it resides in. 

Not sure where in windows it is. I deleted my folder for my docker install and everything is working now.