Play button missing in Gamebrowser3 after latest update

ArCaDe

ArCaDe

It says Cannot Play: Item is not playable at this time. Same result if in detail view or list of games.

Edited by ArCaDe

ArCaDe

Hello,

I recently updated Mediabrowser server, Mediabrowser Classic, & the Gamebrowser3 plugin and the play button under the games is no longer there. Everything was working properly before before the update. One of my friends was having an issue on his end & I checked that the Play button was there before updating anything. I updated everything & restarted MBC & the Play button was gone. I restarted WMC, same issue. I even uninstalled GBC3 plugin from MBC, restarted MBC, same issue. i even went as far as changing the MBC Configurator to only install Release updates, uninstalled GBC, restarted MBC, installed GBC, restarted MBC again, same issue. The games show up, the metadata for each game shows up, just the Play button is missing. Any clues how to fix this? I'm running MBS 3.0.5190.18410, GB3 plugin in MBS is 2.9.5184.24602, MBC is 3.0.140.03-14.1, & GBC plugin is 3.0.0.32. Under the Metadata Manager, all the games shows game.gbwin in the path. The issue that my friend was having was that none of the games were having metadata pulled down. I removed GB3 from MBS & installed the prior version which was ending in 23954, then metadata started pulling & then he was able to config everything in MBC & get it working. Now he's updated & having other issues which i wont go into here. I was running GB3 version ending in 23954 in MBS before everything was updated. Attached are logs from MBS ater restarting it, browsing games, & not seeing the play button. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by ArCaDe
  • Like 1

@@Redshirt - sounds like game items coming in from the API don't have their PlayAccess parameter set to FullAccess.  This would make the item unplayable.

ArCaDe

Thanks for the quick reply EBR. Would that mean that Redshirt has to push a new update to fix this? My friend says he is having the same issue with the Games not having a Play button. He has fixed whatever issue he was having with it not pulling metadata for the games but now he cant launch the games from within MBC. These are Windows games by the way & the games have the exe configured in the Configurator.

Yes, if I'm right, then it would mean the plug-in on the server or client would need to change.

What happens if you hit the play button on your remote or ctl-p from the view of the games (not the detail page)?

Redshirt

@@Redshirt - sounds like game items coming in from the API don't have their PlayAccess parameter set to FullAccess.  This would make the item unplayable.

@@Luke - This doesn't sound like something I should be setting at the plugin level. Doesn't the server decide this when it builds the DTO to transmit to the client?

ArCaDe

Are any of you guys able to reproduce the issue after installing the latest version of MBS, GB3, MBC, & GBC? I have tried other themes & the play button is there but get the unplayable error when I click play. Seems that with Chocolate the play button is just missing & using a hotkey to play produces the unplayable error.

Redshirt

Can I see and MBC log file with that unplayable error.

Drexyl

Hi all,

I too have been wrestling with this issue with Windows games (a long with an issue with NESBox and SNESBox - http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5110-nesbox-and-snesbox-links-missing/)

So here's a look at my MBC log file.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=8zUnqxsf

Hope it helps keep.

Noticed this towards the end of the log file...

2014-03-19 01:33:26.9073,Error,,Error getting response from http://10.1.4.65:8096/mediabrowser/Users/7023fa26-879c-6170-eee0-1731f7304255/Items/457bd2a8-4fa7-6745-3a38-562d2acc9044/SpecialFeatures?format=Json ( Exception.  Type=System.Net.WebException Msg=The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. Src=System Method=GetResponse Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() [n]    at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.MbHttpClient.Get(String url) ),50,Worker thread for Special Feature Load

ArCaDe beat me to it.

Drexyl

Edited by Drexyl

Redshirt

Is it only with .gbwin games or are you guys seeing it with consoles too?

Haubrija

FYI - Just noticed this issue as well with the latest updates.  Let me know if you need another log.  Only happens with gbwin games.  Consoles are fine.

Redshirt

@@Luke

@@ebr

It seems to be an issue only with windows and dos games. Those games have no path as the path is defined on the client. I'm not sure if it's something being set on the server or the client though. 

game_no_play.jpg

It thinks it is an external disc which means the API is telling me IsPlaceHolder=true.

The files aren't named "yadayada.disc" are they?

ArCaDe

No, they are exe files. And everything worked fine until everything was updated. I believe after the server & its plugins were updated it was still working. It stopped working after both MBC & GBC were updated. Is there no way to roll back to a different version of GBC or even MBC? I did at one point rollback to GB MBS plugin version ending in 23954 & same issue. So I assume the issue lies with GBC or MBC.

Redshirt

Ah yeah. Luke's tweaked GB server to flag windows/dos games as placeholders, which makes sense. I'm going to disable that until I can determine if I can update the MBC plugin to unset that when a windows game has been set up to point to an exe. 

da1stprince

time to chime in as well..haven't commented due to the ground already covered on this but awaiting fix for this as well. I discussed this issue with ArCaDe when MBS/MBC/GBS updated on its own and found my play button missing..glad to know it wasn't due to something i did or didnt do..hopefully fixed soon but sucks that it cannot be rolled back to previous version. Anyways, I must state how pleased I am with the overall execution of MBS/MBC.. this is the best thing since sliced bread

Red changing the plugin won't help because its already saves in their library as a placeholder. It just needs to be implemented client side

Redshirt

I've already started with the client side implimentation. It slows things down a lot though. I'm looking to improving it.

Any reason as to why whatever function was changed on the GBS end that caused this?

It is a new feature of the server that MBC is supporting.  Placeholder items are, by definition, not playable by the system.  The issue is that these are some sort of special case that are placeholders as far as the server is concerned but then the client then changes that status.