Play next in a series options

itkserver

itkserver

Good day,

I apologize if this is a dupe, but seeing that there are 84 pages of FRs...

I was hoping to see a feature added to playlists where i can add a bunch of series' and when it is played, it will play the next "newest" unwatched episode in the series with out having to map out hundrends if not thousands of episodes to play in order. 

What I am ultimately looking to do is to make a list of say anime series' that i could play at random or in a "scheduled" order all in episodic order similar to how a tv network would run.

if this is already available either thru a plug-in or somewhere in the playlist menu, please point me in the right direction!   :P

Many thanks!

itkserver

Interesting, I never noticed that it could do that. the problem that creates then, is it mixes the different libraries, I have a separate for for anime and for TV as well as multiple separate for kid shows. and they all end up in that list.
Is the any way to segregate them per library? Or, for instance, if I chose to do this with only 5 or 6 shows and not my entire library. 

Also, I don't see how to start NU on ET devices like LG or PS4, i see that i can do it with the chrome app and android app.

ex, on ps4 it only allows me to select a particular show and it once it ends it continues within that same series.

Edited by itkserver

As I understood your request, you would be looking for the system to play a single episode (the one next up) for a given set of series.  So, that would be one from series one then one from series two, etc.  That isn't something our stock Next Up feature can do at this time but it is an interesting idea.  Perhaps as a type of Smart Playlists.

• Like 1

itkserver

As I understood your request, you would be looking for the system to play a single episode (the one next up) for a given set of series. So, that would be one from series one then one from series two, etc. That isn't something our stock Next Up feature can do at this time but it is an interesting idea. Perhaps as a type of Smart Playlists.

That is exactly it. I'm sorry if I was vague.

The stock NU is nice, but I would like to be able to hand pick what is in the playlist. And be able to either set a "schedule" or play at random. At will.

If I knew where even to begin, I'd just do it myself and post it. Haha.

What language would it be written in? Maybe I could give it a go.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

itkserver

It sounds like smart playlists would fit what you're looking for.

Is it available yet and I missed it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk