Emby Theater Locks up on one channel

bshaf

This issue so far has only occurred when trying to watch Root Sports live (channel 576) and has not been observed on any other channel. The issue is when I try and tune to that channel I get no audio then after 10 seconds the video will freeze. After closing out of Emby Theater, I noticed that the app won't open. I opened the task manager and noticed that the Emby Theater process was still running along with 3 instances of Electron. After manually ending those tasks I can open Emby Theater again.

Looking on the Server dashboard I also noticed that one of my tuners was still listed as 'watching' even though no one was watching TV. I suspect this also locked up one tuner. After restarting the server the tuner went back to available. The tuner lockup hasn't occurred every time I've tried this, but it has on most times.

I have Emby Theater set up to passthrough all audio formats, and I've attached my server logs.

Setup:

Client: Emby Theater (latest version) running on Windows 10 (latest version)

Server: Windows (latest version) running on windows 10 (latest version)

TV Tuner: HD Homerun Prime

Log.txt

​Ok. I've been playing with this more with my various clients and have some testing results to share.

Windows (Emby Theater):

Normal Windows App - Direct plays the channel with video ,but no audio. This lasts 10 seconds until it crashes with the details listed in the first post.

App Store App - Transcodes the channel (m3u8 h264 aac). Video seems to be fine (its choppy, but i think its due to it be transcoded) but there is no audio.

Android:

Nvidia Shield - Direct steams this channel just fine. No issue with audio or video

Android Mobile - Direct plays this channel just fine. No issue with audio or video

Web:

Edge Browser: Transcodes the channel (m3u8 h264 aac). Video seems to be fine (much less choppy then the windows store app) but there is no audio.

I hope this data helps.

Edited by bshaf

Guest asrequested

This looks odd. The streams don't correspond. 0.0 should be the video, but it's saying it's MP2 audio. So this is probably the cause. It would appear that the Android apps have a way to read it, correctly. @@ebr?

The choppiness is probably due to the transcode speed. 

Based on what you're saying, it looks like mpv is having an issue with that first stream. I've got one channel that always plays the audio for the visually impaired

Program 746 
    Stream #0:0[0x68]: Audio: mp2 ([4][0][0][0] / 0x0004), 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 128 kb/s
    Stream #0:1[0x1d25]: Video: mpeg2video (Main) ([2][0][0][0] / 0x0002), yuv420p(tv, top first), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], Closed Captions, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 90k tbn, 59.94 tbc
    Stream #0:2[0x1d26](eng): Audio: ac3 ([129][0][0][0] / 0x0081), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 192 kb/s
    Stream #0:3[0x1d27](spa): Audio: ac3 ([129][0][0][0] / 0x0081), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 192 kb/s
    Stream #0:4[0x1d28]: Data: scte_35
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:0 (mpeg2video (native) -> h264 (libx264))
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:1 (mp2 (native) -> aac (native))
Edited by Doofus

When our video player encounters a failure with a channel, currently for whatever reason it just hangs, unfortunately. We'll have to see if we can detect this situation and kill the process.

In the meantime can you try the testing version and see how it compares?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29774-new-version-testing/

Thanks !

Guest asrequested

I do want to confirm one thing. The channel number. In the first post, you say 576, but in the log, it looks like 746. I want to make sure this is the correct log. Luke, does that program number refer to the channel number that was watched?

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

He only has this problem on channel 576. I wanted to make sure that transcode log corresponds to that channel. In the excerpt I posted, it says 'program 746'. I just wanted to be sure we have the correct information.

Guest asrequested

As suspected. The MP2 is the problem.

Starting playback...
[   0.147][e][ffmpeg/audio] mp2: Header missing
[   0.147][e][ad] Error decoding audio.

Can you record some of it, without converting it? And share it? I want to play around with it.

Actually, try this. Now that you've created an mpv.conf, put this line in it, and see if it plays. I'd still like a recording, though :)

af=lavcac3enc=yes:384:2
Edited by Doofus

No, it didn't play (as I'm sure the log showed). Yeah, it's pretty messed up (and its on a channel that has pretty good sports on it!!) Have fun playing with the file and let me know how else I can help resolve this issue... I would like to get this channel functional again.

Guest asrequested

It's definitely that MP2 audio. It won't play it without the header. When I remux it, and move it after the video track but before the AC3, Theater skips over it and plays the AC3. But what really needs to happen is that it should be ignored. That's what I'm trying see if I can make mpv do. 

Luke, when playing in the standalone, it just plays it without audio. But allows me to select a different audio track, while playing. But always plays.

In Theater, when the AC3 is selected prior to playing (but can't do that with Live TV), it plays correctly. But there's something else. When the file comes to an end, it just hangs there and doesn't close out. In the standalone, it always finishes and closes out. I think electron is having an issue with it, regardless of the MP2. I remuxed the file and removed the MP2, it still hangs at the end, but plays correctly.

Guest asrequested

Oh, well maybe my suggestion is viable? The stream will have a rocky start, but once the audio is switched, it should play just fine.