Help! - MB Kinect Crashing Immediately on Windows 8.1

Faceman09

Cynful

Juuuuust checking @@chef ....

Won't copying the settings folder back across overwrite the application .xml?

Or is it a just in case? :)

Cynful

Okay @@chef ... back to the install

Soooo. OK. Installed. no settings folder so no application setting.xml on installation ...

Run First Run

Still have the first time unhandled error where it can't find the users from MB

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Core.FirstRunSpeechProfileTraining.VB$StateMachine_4_FirstRunSpeechProfileTraining_Load.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__0(Object state)

MBKinect installation breaks at this point and needs to be closed...

Checking before continuing again with install AGAIN ... settings folder has been made with application setting.xml however it is the incomplete version that I had previously ...

I shall perservere as I know from experience it finds the users second time through ;) Though I wonder if the application setting.xml is now broken because of that ...

EDIT: Yep it is. Copying the application.xml lines from your earlier post and editing the file to get the speech working again.

EDIT AGAIN: Annnnnd the speech recog is now the broken... can't get a response even with settings copied back across

Edited by Cynful

Cynful

Hmmm @@chef ... interesting

I've reinstalled the old version which had speech working (ignore the part/s that point out my idiocy) and come across something...

I only had it occur twice out of eleven program openings and only with running as administrator (I was trying to see if it would reproduce consistently - it didn't.) Don't know if it has anything to do with anything important or if it's just my fail system.

I get the following error on load when it breaks:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    media browser kinect.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    2.0.0.4
  Problem Signature 03:    5389e0b0
  Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:    4.0.30319.17929
  Problem Signature 06:    4ffa561c
  Problem Signature 07:    2039
  Problem Signature 08:    17
  Problem Signature 09:    System.InvalidOperationException
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    3081
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

System is again recognising designation with the older version (yesterday's) + manually altered application xml

Still no luck on any commands other than "Start Listening" though

Edited by Cynful

chef

Strange happenings...

@@Cynful

EDIT: I think we have to repair the .Net 4.5 Framework on your computer.

Could you try and re install from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30653

i am still working on this.

Here is an installer which will create the Application Settings XML file. Repair the .net framework, and then try this.

Make sure to backup your working "settings" folder.

Could you try this installer from the beginning?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/MBK32bit.zip

Edited by chef

Cynful

Can do @@chef .. gimme a few minutes .. brain is tired :)

Edited by Cynful
  • Like 1

chef

Can do @@chef .. gimme a few minutes .. brain is tired :)

thank you for taking the time. my brain is also tired. ;)

Say, was .Net Framework 4.5 even installed on your computer? If it isn't then I'll have to add some code to the first run to check for .Net 4.5 being installed.

It probably would be a good idea anyway to have the code added.

Edited by chef

Cynful

No problem @@chef

It was installed .. ran the repair anyway. Not a bad idea to ensure it's there though.

On to the installation...

Still getting that first run error and the broken application setting.xml - but I see the new global application xml is there and has the required parameters in it...

Second run through installs all the way.

Manually repair application seting.xml

annnnnnnd no recognition.

Damnit all. Doesn't seem to matter whether it is run admin or not... still nothing.

OOOoh. Also, that weird error earlier .. turns out it is from an instance of MBkinect still running in background having not finished closing :)

Edited by Cynful

chef

No problem @@chef

It was installed .. ran the repair anyway. Not a bad idea to ensure it's there though.

On to the installation...

Still getting that first run error and the broken application setting.xml - but I see the new global application xml is there and has the required parameters in it...

Second run through installs all the way.

Manually repair application seting.xml

annnnnnnd no recognition.

Damnit all. Doesn't seem to matter whether it is run admin or not... still nothing.

OOOoh. Also, that weird error earlier .. turns out it is from an instance of MBkinect still running in background having not finished closing :)

I just need to clarify, so I know what to look for next. Sorry about this...

The Application Settings XML that is installed by the installer, is at some point re written improperly during First run?

The Designation XML file is then never created properly, it is missing the Designation Name?

There is a program called Team Viewer. It allows access to your computer remotely. It is free...

Would you be up to, allowing me access, to check out the different XML files and get a first hand look into the stages of how things are working?

by the way, did you get the different voices working on your PC?

Edited by chef

Cynful

@@chef

Yep. First Time First Run led to all that. I'll have a look and see if I can get TeamViewer.

And Bridget is a marvellous substitute for Anna

Edited by Cynful

chef

I spent the last two days re working the code.

Now, every time the "Application Settings" XML file is accessed there is a backup subroutine which checks the file and makes sure that all the nodes are there before the main class moves on.

Also, when ever the designation is loaded into the speech recognizer, there is a backup subroutine which checks to make sure that the command is not empty, and that the designation xml is written properly.

I should have something to test later on today.

I am very interested in what will happen now that backup routines are in place.

I am also trying to create logs with in the app. That should make it easier to pinpoint problems in the future.

• Like 1

chef

@@Cynful

I think I have something worth testing finally.

I will post this evening (my time).

• Like 1

Sean Forester

I apologize if this has been answered before or if this is the wrong place to post this. I have been looking for solutions for a couple hours now. Install ion proceeds without issue but as soon as I try to run Media Browser Kinect it throws an unhandled exception access denied. If I hit continue, I get a form 1 error. If I hit continue again, the program becomes unresponsive. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chef

@@Sean Forester, hey man!

There are two installers for each type of OS.

64bit and 32bit. It was tricky to build a universal installer because we are taking control of more than the kinect sdk allows.

Was the proper installer installed for you OS?

Are you using Windows 7 or 8?

Not exactly sure about the "Form1 Error". Perhaps if you could run the app again,a nd then cut and paste the error into the form so I can read it.

the next version is logging a lot of information, so I should beable to fix errors better.

Form loading errors are harder to log, because it stops the app from accually loading properly.

Just as a seperatre note:

Currently the outline for the application has been written, but we are experincing some difficulties regarding post installation and the speech recognizer. Mostly regarding accents in people's speech (this is what I believe to be the case).

Apologies for the inconvenience and we should have something worked out soon.

Perhaps you would be interested in joining some testing trails?

Edited by chef

chef

@@Cynful

@@wraslor

@@Sean Forester

@@travelmanics

It has been a long couple days. I believe that this version is worth testing. If all goes well and the app indeed loads. Check out the Speech menu.

I was able to get control of the Kinect Microphone Array Level through a Windows API. It was not easy, although it will be completely underestimated because it is just a TrackBar you can slide back and forth.

Make sure the TrackBar is set to "100"!

32bit installer

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/MBK32bit.zip

64bit installer

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/MBK64bit.zip

• Like 2

Cynful

Okay @@chef, running the install.

Installation setup goes fine.

First Run ->

Form opens on first splash screen - Value: True - press okay

LED Filters install correctly

Form: FirstRunSpeechProfileTraining - error: Unhandled Exception

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Core.FirstRunSpeechProfileTraining.VB$StateMachine_4_FirstRunSpeechProfileTraining_Load.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__0(Object state)

Continuing freezes program.

application settings.xml created in settings/global/

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Global_Settings>
  <Server_Information>
    <MediaBrowserServerAddress>10.1.1.4</MediaBrowserServerAddress>
    <MediaBrowserServerPort>8096</MediaBrowserServerPort>
  </Server_Information>
</Global_Settings>

FirstRun (take2)

'True' form popup over Splash Screen - press okay

LED filters = all good

Speech Profiles now found select 'Luke' (changed from 'Media' to avoid the gender problem)

Oooooh. New biometrics page... nice.

Finished

Set Device

Set Designation

Exit

Problems: C:\ProgramData\Media Browser Kinect\settings\global\Application Settings.xml

<Global_Settings>
  <Server_Information>
    <MediaBrowserServerAddress>10.1.1.4</MediaBrowserServerAddress>
  </Server_Information>
</Global_Settings>

Designation settings still not being written to xml due to the required fields not existing on build.

Stupid Thoughts -> Does the SpeechTrainingProfile Form reference the application xml data to look for the media server where the profiles are kept? Trying to work out why it won't register Profiles to select until after that file is created...

No designation, no anything...

Manually copying and editing designation fields from settings/globalApplication Settings.xml in order to continue

Sorry Chef.

Still no voice recognition since the much earlier version.

chef

Damn.  it is time for drastic measures.

I am going to create a separate XML with designation information in it. I just can't seem to figure out why, the information is being written wrong.

chef

You are correct, the Application Settings XML is referenced for the Server IP address to make requests for information, like user names, images etc.

I went through and debugged line by line. I just can't understand why those lines are not being written to the XML. 

The weird thing is this, if the lines containing the IP address and Port number are being written to the XML, then the other lines should be written as well. They all get written together at the same time.

I thought that perhaps, if there the XML had bad form (meaning, certain nodes/tags were not created properly) that that would cause the application to stop writing the file. But, it would throw an exception error, if that was the case.

SO, the question still remains, why the heck the system name lines are not being written.

One last thought...

There is a chance that the Client object (that is to say the connection between the Kinect app and the Server) is not being properly made during First Run.

I have put in place some message boxes that will appear, letting you know if that is the problem. If there is no proper connection then that would cause the "FirstRunSpeechTraining" page to fail.

Also, one last mention.

The Message box that appears that says :"True", means that at that point all the XML tags/nodes are present in the "Application Settings.XML" file. So, at that point during First Run the Designation information, does exist.

This means that it is after First Run that the Application Setting XML file is somehow corrupted.

Edited by chef

Matt7402

I was able to run the installer and download the sdk file but the the program froze due to a failed install attempt. now i get the following error every time i try and re-run the app. I'm not fully sure what I'm looking at. Any suggestions?

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Kinect, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.Kinect, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
   at Core.BeginFirstRunSetup.VB$StateMachine_0_InitalizeApplication.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
   at Core.BeginFirstRunSetup.InitalizeApplication()
   at Core.BeginFirstRunSetup.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Browser Kinect
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.4
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.4
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Media%20Browser%20Kinect/Media%20Browser%20Kinect.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.20806.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34107 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
MetroControls
    Assembly Version: 1.2.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Media%20Browser%20Kinect/MetroControls.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction
    Assembly Version: 3.0.5229.41328
    Win32 Version: 3.0.5229.41328
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Media%20Browser%20Kinect/MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.DLL
MediaBrowser.Model
    Assembly Version: 3.0.5231.22157
    Win32 Version: 3.0.5231.22157
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Media%20Browser%20Kinect/MediaBrowser.Model.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

chef

Hi @@Matt7402,

You will have to install the kinect for window sdk separately now.

We are using the kinect for window sdk version 1.7.

You may have to remove traces of it from you computer. You can uninstall them from the windows control panel.

Make sure that the kinect in unplugged from your computer during sdk install.

Afterwards, plug in the kinect sensor and wait for the drivers to update.

Finally, attempt to run a clean install of mbkinect.

Simply delete "media browser kinect" folder found under "programdata" on your computer.

Sorry about the problem.

There isn't a tried and tested way to check if the sdk install was truly successful from first run in mbkinect.

The app can only download the file, start the process and wait for it to end.

I suppose it Should then look to see of the proper files exist after install, but I hadn't gotten quite that far.

Thank you for posted the error code.

The next version I have to test, takes great care at logging events. So, hopefully I will be able to pinpoint where certain issues are taking place.

Edited by chef

Sean Forester

Sorry, I know better than to not post any useful information... At least I have the excuse that it was 2am... Anyway, I'm using 8.1x64 and here's the exception info:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

at System.Management.ThreadDispatch.Start()

at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()

at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initialize()

at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()

at Core.MediaBrowserClientFactory.MBServerMACAddress.GetMACAddress(String MediaBrowserServerProtocolAddress)

at Core.MediaBrowserClientFactory.VB$StateMachine_35_GetServerInformationAsync.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Core.BeginFirstRunSetup.VB$StateMachine_0_InitalizeApplication.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.b__4(Object state)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

Media Browser Kinect

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.4

Win32 Version: 2.0.0.4

CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Media%20Browser%20Kinect/Media%20Browser%20Kinect.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 12.0.20806.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

Microsoft.Kinect

Assembly Version: 1.7.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.7.0.529

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Kinect/v4.0_1.7.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.Kinect.dll

MetroControls

Assembly Version: 1.2.1.0

Win32 Version: 1.2.1.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Media%20Browser%20Kinect/MetroControls.DLL

MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction

Assembly Version: 3.0.5229.41328

Win32 Version: 3.0.5229.41328

CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Media%20Browser%20Kinect/MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.DLL

MediaBrowser.Model

Assembly Version: 3.0.5231.22157

Win32 Version: 3.0.5231.22157

CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Media%20Browser%20Kinect/MediaBrowser.Model.DLL

MediaBrowser.Kinect.ResponseDictionary

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Media%20Browser%20Kinect/MediaBrowser.Kinect.ResponseDictionary.DLL

System.Speech

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Speech/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Speech.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Net.Http

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Net.Http/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Net.Http.dll

System.Net.Http.WebRequest

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Net.Http.WebRequest/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Net.Http.WebRequest.dll

System.Management

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travelmanics

Hi @@chef.

Running the latest X64 version.  Install, run as administrator works fine.  

Checked "Applications Settings.xml" in settings/global and appears to be created OK.  Attached here is the dump

<Global_Settings>
  <Server_Information>
    <MediaBrowserServerAddress />
    <MediaBrowserServerPort />
    <MediaBrowserServerMACAddress />
  </Server_Information>
  <User_Options>
    <Override_Enabled>False</Override_Enabled>
    <Override_Name />
  </User_Options>
  <Designation>
    <Designation_Name>Kinect</Designation_Name>
    <Designation_Audio_Duration_Min>550</Designation_Audio_Duration_Min>
    <Designation_Audio_Duration_Max>750</Designation_Audio_Duration_Max>
  </Designation>
</Global_Settings>

At this point I have not run the first time install.  Just installed the app.

I have noticed that the biometrics folder is not being created on the install of the app.  This maybe what is causing some of the first run failures.

On the first time install I get the spinning circle and then the following error:

539f56bb50023_firsttimeinstall.png
Click ok and then continue on the splash screen.  Install the filters and says successful but the kinect does not flash yellow and red.  Just blinking green.  Click continue and then get the next error:

539f56db81f5b_firsttimeinstall2.png

Cannot go any further as just the splash screen showing with no continue button.  Closed down the app through task manager.

Checked the Application Setting.xml ini settings/global and it now reads like this.

<Global_Settings>
  <Server_Information>
    <MediaBrowserServerAddress>192.168.0.6</MediaBrowserServerAddress>
    <MediaBrowserServerMACAddress />
  </Server_Information>
  <User_Options>
    <Override_Enabled>False</Override_Enabled>
    <Override_Name />
  </User_Options>
  <Designation>
    <Designation_Name>Kinect</Designation_Name>
    <Designation_Audio_Duration_Min>550</Designation_Audio_Duration_Min>
    <Designation_Audio_Duration_Max>750</Designation_Audio_Duration_Max>
  </Designation>
</Global_Settings>

All appears OK at the moment regarding the XML.

2nd Attempt

Still get first error RPC Server is unavailable as soon as the splash screen loads

Install LED filters appears to go OK i.e. says it is successful but Kinect still just flashing green.  Click continue

Get the second error above as shown in the 2nd screen shot.  Real sorry but cannot get any further than this as the app does not allow me to continue.

3rd attempt

Had another quick check of the application settings.xml and noticed under the <Server Information> tag there is an entry for <MediaBrowserServerMACAddress/> but with no end point.  Deleted this from the XML and now get a pop up saying "TRUE" but no RPC error.  Click OK and then Next.

Led Filters still the same.  Says successful but flashing green.   Click Continue but no my name is showing.  I think the first 2 errors were directly related to the <MediaBrowserServerMACAddress/>  in the XML file.

Speech recognition training starts - completed successfully and closed.  Recognised as closed by the Kinect app.  Click Next

Face recognition works fine.

Kinect starts to load and I get an immediate error: "audio line reference is invalid"

539f5d937dded_firsttimeinstall3.png

Click continue.

Try to change the Designation Name from Kinect.  and get a further error saying it cannot find path "C:\ProgramData\\Media Browser Kinect\settings\global\Speech\Grammers\Designation.xml".  Quit the app as I basically get an Object reference not set to an instance of an object for every link I press.  

Created the folders \speech\grammers but this does not fix the error..  Despite the errors the Application Settings.xml appears to be all ok and has written the designation change even though the error was generated.

Unable to select "devices as I get object not set to an instance of an object" yet MBC is running 

Kinect app. is not able to find me as a user.  However, it did detect me during setup and I haven't moved position.  

Attempt 4

Uninstall and reboot of PC. Removed <MediaBrowserServerMACAddress/>   from the Application Settings.xml file and the biometrics folder. and started the first time install.

First time install worked fine with no errors up to the face recognition but regardless of what I did it did not recognise my face with the bounding box around it.  So I had to exit.  Leds however, still says successful but continue to blink green only.  

When the app first loads I will still get the "audio line reference invalid" error.  Click continue.

Cannot do face recognition in app as I get object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Unfortunately, when the app has loaded nearly every link I press gives an "object reference not set to an instance of an object" therefore, I cannot do face recognition, or devices.

As the LED continues to blink green speech does not work through the APP.  But this was expected.

Hope this helps in some way.  sorry for the long post.
  • Like 1

chef

Hmmm, so I originally thought about having WOL, however now that I am seeing MAC address errors, which seem to be the root of issues with installation, I am going to remove it for now.

RPC server error again? What the heck is that?

I asked in the dev forum about it because it seems to be happening when a request of user names is made the the media browser server.

Perhaps once I remove the WOL settings it may stop this RPC error, because it only started happening since I added these functions

Thanks for the time to test guys!

Edited by chef

chef

Okay!

I can fix one of the errors! Sooo sweet!

The RPC Connection error is because Parts of the kinect app are being blocked by Windows Firewall.

What this means is that I will have to change the connection name, and cause firewall settings to set for the new client name connnecting to the Media Browser Server.

this will fix the RPC Server Connection Error. Right now the application is registers itself as "Kinect" with Widnows Firewall and the Media Browser Server.

I will change the name to: "MBKinect1". this is how it will appear in the ist of active devices connnected to the server, in the server dashboard.

On to the next.....

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

hey, thought i'd join in and give this another go.

installed the kinect sdk 1.7 and the mbkinect app and i get pretty much the same errors as everyone else except that i cannot get the leds to flash red and yellow, they are green only.

its not the first time i've had the sdk installed so there is possibly a problem with drivers that i will go back and try and clear. anyone able to confirm working drivers?

cheers