Playback Error No compatible streams are currently available

Crossfire0mega
Go to solution Solved by zabbs,

This was not from the roku (though the roku has a playback problem with music too).   That log was just from a firefox browser instance on the same server.  I can get you a log from roku later tonight..

Sorry, my mistake. I don't actually see any playback attempts at all here so maybe just a new log example is needed. thanks.

If you search for "playing 09 All I Want for Christmas" or "playing 03 Joy to the World" you can see a plays and stops in that log. But that's not me as a user initiating the stop. As far as I can tell the stops happen around when the ui throws up a "no Playback streams found" error.  If you click "got it" on the error screen it just keeps restarting the play and throwing up the same error. So you can see multiple play & stops sometimes depending on how many times I hit "got it".

IIRC the displayed Roku error might be a little different - but still doesn't play...

Thanks for all the responsiveness by the way! It's nice to see.

Here's a failed play log from a roku.  The roku emby ui reports a malformed html error when attempting to play a music file.  Interestinginly I manually ran the command line that seemed to have failed in the log and got:

$ /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -i file:"/home/media/Music/Best_of_the_Best_a_Holiday_Collection/03 Joy to the World.mp3" -threads 0 -vn -ab 320000 -ac 2 -id3v2_version 3 -write_id3v1 1 -y "/var/lib/emby/transcoding-temp/980b5cda572ddf6266a3c0ab853aee18.mp3"

/opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg: relocation error: /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg: symbol av_hwdevice_find_type_by_name, version LIBAVUTIL_55 not defined in file libavutil.so.55 with link time reference

looking at the so file, there does seem to be a missing symbol:

$ nm -D /opt/emby-server/lib/libavutil.so.55.78.100 | grep LIBAVUTIL_55

0000000000000000 A LIBAVUTIL_55

server-63651216832.txt

ffmpeg-transcode.txt

Edited by digik

alucryd

@@digik The emby user does not have read access to your files:

file:/home/media/Music/Best_of_the_Best_a_Holiday_Collection/03 Joy to the World.mp3: Permission denied

Please either grant emby read permissions to them or chmod 777 them.

I've installed the linux package on ubuntu and somehow it was missing /opt/emby-server/system/dashboard-ui/bower_components/howlerjs. I've downloaded howlerjs/dist from github to /opt/emby-server/system/dashboard-ui/bower_components/howlerjs and audio playback started to work.

Later edit: Or so it seemed, I guess maybe I need to wait for the whole collection to be scanned as files that didn't work, are working now after a while.

Edited by puthre

• 1 month later...
sarutobi

I have the same problem.

"Playback error No compatible stream is currently available ".

version emby 3.3.0.0. Some help, please.

I have the same problem. " Playback error No compatible stream is currently available "version emby 3.3.0.0. Some help, please.

I have the same problem.

"Playback error No compatible stream is currently available ".

version emby 3.3.0.0. Some help, please.

I have the same problem. " Playback error No compatible stream is currently available "version emby 3.3.0.0. Some help, please.

Hi @@sarutobi, can we please look at an example? please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

• 7 months later...
FreeBSD_Lover

Well, looks like I got stung with this issue too.  But I am a FreeBSD user so I can create a new discussion thread there if you require, but I'm guessing this thread will do just fine.

# uname -a
FreeBSD Freedom-S001 11.2-RELEASE-p4

# pkg info | grep emby
emby-server-3.5.3.0

I have to head out, but I will try to contribute resources to this soon if required. I have not read the above in detail yet.

FreeBSD_Lover

I see in another discussion thread that looks to be identical to this that its resolved in the next release.  If so then great. If this is a different issue, then I can try an offer some debugging if you folks require. Just let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
jkmonk0823

All of my IPTV channels are getting the Playback Error - No compatible streams message.  My OTA and HD Homerun Premium channels work just fine.  Do I need to change some settings somewhere?  I am running the EMBY server on a WD PR2100 NAS.

All of my IPTV channels are getting the Playback Error - No compatible streams message.  My OTA and HD Homerun Premium channels work just fine.  Do I need to change some settings somewhere?  I am running the EMBY server on a WD PR2100 NAS.

Hi there @@jkmonk0823, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
Savage13

Starting to have this issue with my HDHomeRun Prime that was working fine before a recent internet outage.  Now on some channels I can't get things to play, even though I can play them fine in the HDHomeRun Software.  Here's my log.  These channels do not play either in the web interface nor through my ShieldTV.  

log.txt