#41 wp.rauchholz OFFLINE  

wp.rauchholz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Local time: 11:00 AM
  • LocationBarcelona

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:37 PM

Can you play the movie from a usb attached to your tv and using the built in media player (the one that came with the tv, not Emby)?  My usb ports don't work with the Evolution Kit installed on my TV, but I can remove that if needed and I still have your file here.  My guess is that you will still get the Type 1 error

What is supposed to happen is that if the Tv can't direct play the file for some reason then the Emby app has to transcode the unsupported file and that way everything plays without user intervention, which obviously isn't happening here

The movie plays with no problem from the USB on the Samsung build in media player.

#42 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 5080 posts
  • Local time: 05:00 AM
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:43 PM

Ya, agreed.  Just got done playing the original file provided by Wolfgang on my TV also with no problem from usb

Very odd because the app is trying to Direct Play before it barfs, so it shouldn't be modifying the file at all.  

Using 2.2.3 the file buffers to about 91% then crashes to the hub, and then the TV displays that Type 1 error

Edited by FrostByte, 29 December 2017 - 01:46 PM.

#43 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 5080 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:45 PM

More testing today.

F8000 TV With 2014 EvoKit installed:  using Emby App v2.2.3, video Direct Plays, video buffers, app crashes to hub and TV displays a "Type 1 Error"

F8000 Without the EvoKit installed the video Direct Plays, buffers, though the app doesn't crash, but the app itself displays "Render Error 1" and in the log

BD player: video Direct Plays, buffers and then app displays "Render Error 1" and in log.  The video also caused my BD player to reboot once using Emby 2.2.3

From usb on F8000 the video plays just fine using the built in Samsung media app

Using the official Emby app v111 a few days ago the file Direct Streams and plays fine on F8000 w/EvoKit

server log

https://pastebin.com/LNB6XQMA

direct stream log

https://pastebin.com/02PeCGxH

Edited by FrostByte, 29 December 2017 - 01:54 PM.

#44 OddbOd OFFLINE  

OddbOd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Local time: 08:00 PM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 04:09 PM

This is good news and exactly what I hoped would happen.

@FrostByte Despite Wolfgang's client log stating Transcode Status: Direct Play the client is actually requesting Direct Stream mode as the playback URL contains the static=true parameter. Note that in the direct stream log using the official app the default video, audio and subtitle streams are selected and passed to ffmpeg (-map 0:4 -map 0:0 -map -0:s) and then HLS is used to deliver the untouched streams. I see no reason why we can't alter the unofficial clients to do exactly the same thing.

As a quick and dirty test could you try setting Enable AAC Transcoding to Dolby to true and see if that makes any difference? This should force the client down the Transcoding Audio codepath and explicitly request stream ID 0:4 from the server, hopefully in the appropriate order.

Since it's difficult for me to test anything without the original file I think it's time I prepared a freely shareable video that exhibits the same behaviour, Big Buck Bunny seems the obvious choice as all the streams we need are already available. I won't be able to get to this for a day or two due to work commitments but I will be back.
  • FrostByte likes this

#45 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 5080 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

As a quick and dirty test could you try setting Enable AAC Transcoding to Dolby to true and see if that makes any difference? This should force the client down the Transcoding Audio codepath and explicitly request stream ID 0:4 from the server, hopefully in the appropriate order.

Setting AAC to transcode to Dolby does initiate a transcode of audio and ffmpeg is placing files in the appropriate order which plays fine.  Likewise, setting the bitrate to something below the bitrate of the original file causes the server to transcode the video and the resulting file is in the appropriate order and plays fine also.

I would assume then anything that initiates a ffmpeg process will create a file which requests the correct streams and plays fine 

Edited by FrostByte, 30 December 2017 - 05:17 PM.

#46 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157194 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

Emby for Samsung Orsay Devices 0.111 has been released:

https://emby.media/c...-0111-released/

Enjoy.

#47 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke