Trailers not working Apple TV 4K - Trailers plugin

Senna
Go to solution Solved by Senna,

Just started to use the trailers plugin 1.1.2.0 on Emby server 3.2.35.0.

On my iPad (IOS11.0.3) trailers are working as it should, but on my Apple TV 4K (tvOS 11.1), trailers are not working and displays the following message:

- "An error occurred loading this content."

Does the server or app, needs an update, for the new profile of the Apple TV 4K with tvOS11.1 ?

And is this problem somehow related to:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52480-live-tv-not-working-apple-tv-4k-dvblink-plugin/

Attached 2 logs where my last actions on the Apple TV 4K were:

- Play Movie from library (OK)

- Trying to play some trailers from the trailer plugin (Not working)

Edited by Senna

Here is a new log (Quicksync turned off), with the following unsuccessful trailer attempts:

300: Rise of an Empire
1-11-2017 19:27:58

Atomic Blonde

1-11-2017 19:27:42

Atomic Blonde

1-11-2017 19:27:23

Alien: Covenant

1-11-2017 19:27:14

Edited by Senna

I picked them from all 3 trailers sections.

Alien: Covenant & Atomic Blonde:

Library > Trailers > New and Upcoming in Theaters

Atomic Blonde:

Library > Trailers > New and Upcoming Movies on Dvd & Blu-ray

300: Rise of an Empire:

Library > Trailers > New and Upcoming Movies on Netflix

Trailers confirmed working (read: starts playing) in 1.1.0.5 and plays normally.

Bugs still present:

1) When the trailer is finished on the ATV 4K and shows movie info, in the server dashboard, the active device still shows the direct streaming of the just played trailer and continues. This also blocks the start of a playing a new trailer. It disappears from there when I force close the app. When I don't finish watching a trailer, the start of a new trailer isn't blocked.

2) During the play of a trailer, I only see the played time in the dashboard of the active device, the other time stays at --:--:--

3) When I pause the trailer  a short flash with this message appears and disappears:

Oops something went wrong

Can't find variable: Instance

Attached a new serverlog and some directstream logs

Edited by Senna

2 is normal.  We don't know the duration of the trailers.

1 and 3 are more than likely related.

Thanks.

To add to that:

Playing a movie with direct streaming from my library also gives the items mentioned in 3)

When I stop the movie, in the server dashboard, the active device still shows the direct streaming of the just played movie and continues, while it is stopped on the client.

Edited by Senna

To add to that:

Playing a movie with direct streaming from my library also gives the items mentioned in 3)

When I stop the movie, in the server dashboard, the active device still shows the direct streaming of the just played movie and continues, while it is stopped on the client.

I can't reproduce this.  Do you have external access to your server configured?  If so, are you willing to add me (ebr) as a guest account to see if I can reproduce with your server/content?

• Solution

All bugs concerning trailers on the Apple TV 4K confirmed solved in Emby app 1.1.05 Beta with windows Emby server 3.2.36.0.

• Like 1