54 replies to this topic

#41 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142318 posts
  • Local time: 02:37 PM

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:46 PM

That's totally fine but a separate discussion. Yes i think a history would be nice.

#42 Doofus ONLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 12880 posts
  • Local time: 11:37 AM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:33 PM

Yea this is the challenge with having a lot of settings here. It creates the risk of some scenarios that are hard to trace down.

I think ultimately the best solution is dropping the Recordings tab altogether from the Live TV section and having you browse recordings using the regular library browsing functions.

But we'd still need a way to view/adjust scheduled records.

#43 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142318 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:35 PM

That's the Schedule tab. 

#44 Doofus ONLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 12880 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:40 PM

Don't have that in Theater. We have to go through "Recordings"

#45 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142318 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

That home screen button could just be changed to Schedule.

• Marc_G likes this

#46 Doofus ONLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 12880 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:45 PM

That's the direction I was suggesting. An easy fix. Just wanted to bring attention to it :)

And I agree with the choice to drop the recordings tab. A library is created, automatically. I think the tab is redundant. I never use it.

#47 Marc_G OFFLINE  

Marc_G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:49 PM

That's the direction I was suggesting. An easy fix. Just wanted to bring attention to it :)

And I agree with the choice to drop the recordings tab. A library is created, automatically. I think the tab is redundant. I never use it.

This works for me!
  • Doofus likes this

#48 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142318 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:32 AM

@denz opinion? then the ui features you've been asking for to look more like WMC could just be added to the regular browsing views which would make them available for use in all libraries.

#49 denz OFFLINE  

denz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2181 posts
  • Local time: 03:37 AM
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

I rearly use the library outside live tv the only time i venture there is when i delete something that is until that bug is fixed. I watch my recordings in order of recording mostly and delete. To me the library outside live tv is of no use since now there are filters in wmc you have filteres sort by title and this view is much like the recordings outside live tv but that view is never used i like to see what i recorded and i just want it to be in horizontal view. Don't like the vertical views at all on tv.

#50 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142318 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

@denz, but if the library did have these horizontal features you'd use it right?

#51 denz OFFLINE  

denz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2181 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:39 AM

What benefit do we get if it is in the main library since I don't watch my recordings using series i like them to be in horizontal view is ascending order.

#52 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142318 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

What benefit do we get if it is in the main library since I don't watch my recordings using series i like them to be in horizontal view is ascending order.

@denz The main benefit is you get all of the browsing features available in the main library.

Second, you get to help us reduce our workload because right now that Recordings tab represents a duplication of effort of what is already available in the library sections. Dropping it will help us focus on other areas.

#53 denz OFFLINE  

denz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2181 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

OK I agree if you can change the views how you like your recordings to be displayed I have no issues with dropping one of them I always said what is the point having two places for recordings.

#54 Latchmor OFFLINE  

Latchmor

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1600 posts
  • Local time: 07:37 PM
  • LocationScotland

Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:33 AM

Recordings tab represents a duplication of effort of what is already available in the library sections. Dropping it will help us focus on other areas.

Hi, just to confirm I've read this correct. We will still have the option of using the 'Default Recording Path' only but it's the way these recordings are being displayed that could be changing? I'm ok with that I think...

I only use the Default Rec Path and my Recordings tab is always populated. If the tab gets removed but there is always a latest recordings section for the home page then no problem for me.

#55 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142318 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:54 PM

yea those settings would remain.

• Latchmor likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Recordings, Live TV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users