• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Qriz75 OFFLINE  

Qriz75

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Local time: 02:09 AM

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:19 PM

so Emby for Android(beta now) is choppy again :( ... generally sluggish... Emby TV performs great but isn't meant to be displayed on a phone.. but I rather deal with that than with choppy music. it isn't as noticeable on Audiobooks, so I'll use Emby for Android for that and have the ability to tap on the progress bar. 

will try any new versions that come out and report back :)

#42 bernado99 OFFLINE  

bernado99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Local time: 07:09 AM
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:29 AM

@flowlee
@bernado99

When this happens, what kind of music files are you playing?

Just tried again with the latest release and the odd slow down effect has now gone so hurrah!
Trouble is music playback is now choppy and equally unlistenable so boo!

Tried this on mp3 and wav files with the same result.

#43 bernado99 OFFLINE  

bernado99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:01 AM

@flowlee

@bernado99

When this happens, what kind of music files are you playing?

Just requoting rather than editing my previous post to raise another flag in case you're monitoring Luke, but a very happy update to report.

I factory reset my phone which trigured a system upgrade to Android 7 (EMUI 5) and everything's now good so happy days.

We'll never know if it was the reset or system upgrade that cured it but all is well, it might be worth others who are affected trying a factory reset if they can stomach it.

I need to put back the apps I was running on the phone so will update here if I identify any resulting problems.

Thanks

#44 flowlee OFFLINE  

flowlee

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Local time: 08:09 AM

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:07 AM

Just tried again with the latest release and the odd slow down effect has now gone so hurrah!
Trouble is music playback is now choppy and equally unlistenable so boo!

Are you using the beta again? The results you are describing sound like the behavior of the stable release.

I factory reset my phone which trigured a system upgrade to Android 7 (EMUI 5) and everything's now good so happy days.

We'll never know if it was the reset or system upgrade that cured it but all is well, it might be worth others who are affected trying a factory reset if they can stomach it.

I can also confirm that on my Android 7 phone everything is working just fine, so that could be something to look at.

#45 bernado99 OFFLINE  

bernado99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:24 AM

Are you using the beta again? The results you are describing sound like the behavior of the stable release.

I can also confirm that on my Android 7 phone everything is working just fine, so that could be something to look at.

This was with the stable release (non-beta) as you say.

I've just put the 'stable' release on my partner's phone (which is the same as mine) as an experiment though it's not running the same apps as mine was.

I seem to recall she had to reset it recently though it's still on Android 6, the audio playback issues are problematic in exactly the same way as it was on my phone pre o/s upgrade so maybe it is something connected to Android 6.

Thanks

#46 wedgekc OFFLINE  

wedgekc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Local time: 01:09 PM

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:27 AM

I am having a problem with this again after updating to 3.0.00.  I get stuttering every 5-10 seconds using my Bluetooth headset, after plugging in wired headphones music plays normally.

Reverting back to 2.9.92 also fixes the Bluetooth problem and music plays normally.

Xiaomi Mi Max 2, Android 7.1.1

Thanks

#47 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142356 posts
  • Local time: 01:09 AM

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:16 AM

We'll do some testing, thanks.

#48 sk1deep OFFLINE  

sk1deep

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:35 PM

Great through the browser on phone, weird and choppy through the app on phone.

#49 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142356 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:20 PM

Great through the browser on phone, weird and choppy through the app on phone.

What device are you on?

#50 sk1deep OFFLINE  

sk1deep

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:52 PM

What device are you on?

When I started this topic I was on an LG k20 and the issue followed me to an LG stylo 3 and the problem was way worse on both phones at that time. The song would start out fine and progress to being unlistenable with extreme choppiness and distortion. An update fixed the problem and I hadn't tried it since then. Just renewed my gym membership and of course wanted to use my favorite app to listen to my tracks on my home pc at the gym and I see the issue is back just nowhere near as bad as it was before. Noticeable stutters but nothing near as bad as the original problem. Tried it over 4g and wifi to see if that was the issue still frequent skips and as I said it only occurs through the app not through the browser. I don't really lose any features using it through the browser on my phone so it's not the worst thing in the world but of course the app is smoother. Thanks for all the hard work!

Edited by sk1deep, 03 August 2018 - 11:53 PM.

#51 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142356 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:17 PM

Can you please try again with the latest app release? thanks.

#52 wedgekc OFFLINE  

wedgekc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 12:44 AM

Can you please try again with the latest app release? thanks.

So far, music playback has been flawless on the latest version of the app.  Thanks for the update.

#53 sk1deep OFFLINE  

sk1deep

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 01:18 AM

Perfect!

#54 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142356 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:40 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

#55 wedgekc OFFLINE  

wedgekc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 04:38 AM

I have audio stuttering issues again after upgrading to the latest Android version.  I think there were two updates after 3.0.10, both updates had stuttering problems.  Again, uninstalled and reinstalled 3.0.10, back to normal.  Thanks.

#56 storageboy OFFLINE  

storageboy

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:17 AM

This will be my first post to say I also get the same issue, and it's the only issue for now holding me back switching to Emby Premiere full time for a month to see how it holds up against my other media server.

I'm using a Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact paired to Bose QC35 headphones. Audio stutters in every song I play, which is mostly MP3 128-320Kbps and a handful of FLAC files.

#57 wps61 OFFLINE  

wps61

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 08:09 AM

Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:25 PM

Same problem here. Playback via bluetooth to my JBL speaker is at a slower speed and choppy.

Phone: Samsung J5, Android 6.0.1.

#58 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142356 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:40 AM

We're looking into this, thanks guys.

#59 storageboy OFFLINE  

storageboy

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:13 AM

Thanks Luke.

I don't know if this is relevant but last night I was streaming (with jitter, slow down, whatever you want to call it) to a Bose Revolve Soundlink device. However, both Plex and Youtube were then stuttering as well until I closed all apps (including Emby) and started Plex by itself.

#60 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142356 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:00 PM

Thanks for the info.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, bluetooth, android

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users