Calling all Plexiles

adrianwi

ThePaladinTech

I suppose I should add my voice here? I'm a premier member of Emby, A lifetime Plexpass, a kickstarter for HD HomeRun, Longtime SageTV user - basically I feel supporting people that make this stuff is worthwhile as it is certainly beyond my skill set to this, and money encourages people to keep doing stuff :)

In any event my current world involves all four products, but I find myself using Emby more and more.  So for myself I'm almost 100% on emby, but still running plex to share with members outside my household.

My big reason (reasons) for migrating to Emby are:

1. Audio seems to stay in sync better on DVR items then plex or HD Homerun

2. AFAIK it respects my tuners being in use (when your running 5 platforms that's important!)

3. DVR works well and I can schedule recordings remotely via website or app

4. Speaking of the app - my household use windows phone - and it seems Emby is continuing? to support it, in any event it works well on windows mobile ten for my need - which is 90% the ability to schedule a recording

5. Talks to Trakt

6. DVR has a normal grid view guide - it would be cool if Emby added (Added! not switched too..) the Plex guide bit that looks at my library and makes suggestions?

7. I really like the look of emby when the interface shows while playing a show (the artwork at the top corner, and the bit that says when the show will end!) - and what can i say I like the green better :)

We do *still* use Windows Media Center in the home as well as it lets you do a smooth FF REW. and do comskip -  but more and more I find myself just using Emby.

Keep up the good work guys!

• Like 1

I'm joining in as well. Plex is being annoying. Thankfully I'm only a monthly paid user, so I'm not out much. 

One thing I've noticed, which might just be me, the letters to jump around in the web UI don't work. If I select a library, Movies just now, it shows the first 20 or whatever. That's fine. There are letters that look like they should jump to that section, but it just reloads that main screen, the letter is highlighted though... :) WebUI and Android, both claim to be the latest versions. 

XBox One app would be nice if it supported IR remotes better. For example, I can't enter a PIN with the IR buttons (XBox does see them in other apps). And some things don't seem to work as well as a controller does. Minor, as I'm not sure I'm going to use it for media. Plex isn't working at all on it now with the latest updates, so you've got them beat there. :)