Coming from Plex: Wishlist

gcalaway

And another question  :wacko:  now that I am fully int eh swing of things, if I upload a new episode of a show, is it supposed to bump that episode/show all the way to the top of the "latest tv shows" section? It seems to be adding the episodes but there is no way of knowing that from the home screen (at least for me currently). I may have something set up wrong, but was curious. Would Time Lord help out here with this or does that not apply?

arrbee99

And another question  :wacko:  now that I am fully int eh swing of things, if I upload a new episode of a show, is it supposed to bump that episode/show all the way to the top of the "latest tv shows" section? It seems to be adding the episodes but there is no way of knowing that from the home screen (at least for me currently). I may have something set up wrong, but was curious. Would Time Lord help out here with this or does that not apply?

Do you mean you don't get this on the Home page...

59cb27142ba0d_Embylateststuff.jpg

Do you mean you don't get this on the Home page...

59cb27142ba0d_Embylateststuff.jpg

yes and no. I am seeing that screen on my dashboard (all clients). however, lets say i uploaded, in this case, another episode of "Britain's Great War", my issue is that, at least in my case, there would be no change to that screen notifying me that a new episode is added. It would stay on the far right and there would be no notification anything new was added specifically, if that makes sense? of am i missing some feature in the "latest tv"? is there a "Recently Added TV"???

arrbee99

Makes sense. Think Latest TV counts as Recently Added TV.

I just added an episode to a series that was in the Latest TV list, but hidden off-screen to the right, and it upped the episode count from 4 to 5 and moved it over to be the first item on the left. Maybe it knows to only move stuff thats over to the right or hasn't been added too for a while. Can you add an episode to something thats already say the 3rd or 4th in the list and see if it updates the episode count (don't think I have anything else to add at the moment to test that).

adrianwi

Being able to select which library to manually scan, rather than just scanning all media, was a nice feature in Plex as I'd often add some TV stuff and just want to quickly add that.

Happy2Play

Being able to select which library to manually scan, rather than just scanning all media, was a nice feature in Plex as I'd often add some TV stuff and just want to quickly add that.

You can scan all libraries individually, but scheduled scans are global.  But if "Real Time Monitoring" works on you system then what is the point?

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

yes and no. I am seeing that screen on my dashboard (all clients). however, lets say i uploaded, in this case, another episode of "Britain's Great War", my issue is that, at least in my case, there would be no change to that screen notifying me that a new episode is added. It would stay on the far right and there would be no notification anything new was added specifically, if that makes sense? of am i missing some feature in the "latest tv"? is there a "Recently Added TV"???

Are you saying "Latest TV" does not shift to the newest item added?  I know it shifts for me.  As for notifications have you looked at the Notifications options? Dashboard-Notifications.

Also what is your "Date added behavior for new content:" set to?  Dashboard-Library-Advanced

• Like 1

Somehow my date added behavior was off, I will see how that works! thank you @@Happy2Play . I am definitely having issues with stopping playback on certain clients from the admin page. It is an issue with specific clients (apple TV, chromecast so far for sure) and not users that will not allow for me to stop playback. I think that is why earlier in this thread I thought it was not an option because I started on apple TV and then went to the xbox client and it was there..... makes me feel a bit better too for not missing it haha. To the devs, any way to get the ability to pause/play and stop any streams on any device from the admin panel? fingers crossed that is not a big ask  :D

To the devs, any way to get the ability to pause/play and stop any streams on any device from the admin panel? fingers crossed that is not a big ask :D

Should already be available from the dashboard.

There should be a pause/play icon on an in-progress session.

Happy2Play

Somehow my date added behavior was off, I will see how that works! thank you @@Happy2Play . I am definitely having issues with stopping playback on certain clients from the admin page. It is an issue with specific clients (apple TV, chromecast so far for sure) and not users that will not allow for me to stop playback. I think that is why earlier in this thread I thought it was not an option because I started on apple TV and then went to the xbox client and it was there..... makes me feel a bit better too for not missing it haha. To the devs, any way to get the ability to pause/play and stop any streams on any device from the admin panel? fingers crossed that is not a big ask  :D

You will need to open a separate topic, preferably in each client with the issue and server logs. And as @CBer said it should be on the Dashboard in Active devices.

59cb5e95e72e7_active.jpg

But I don't know if all apps have been update with this update.

Should already be available from the dashboard.

There should be a pause/play icon on an in-progress session.

You will need to open a separate topic, preferably in each client with the issue and server logs. And as @CBer said it should be on the Dashboard in Active devices.

59cb5e95e72e7_active.jpg

But I don't know if all apps have been update with this update.

Yes, I see what you are seeing on SOME clients @@CBers but not on all of them. And thanks for the advice @@Happy2Play, I will make some new topics for them after I lock down exactly what clients are not showing this feature for me currently!

ShadowBlade72

Greetings fellow Plexit members. Gotta say that I'm extremely happy with what Emby has to offer.

One minor want is on the Android app, a "Skip Forward 30 Seconds" and "Skip Back 10 Seconds" button. When watching long shows (3-4ish hour runtime) trying to seek with the bar jumps in about 3 minute intervals.

Other than that, I think it's awesome how active the developers are with the community. I hope to see you guys do well!

Happy2Play

Greetings fellow Plexit members. Gotta say that I'm extremely happy with what Emby has to offer.

One minor want is on the Android app, a "Skip Forward 30 Seconds" and "Skip Back 10 Seconds" button. When watching long shows (3-4ish hour runtime) trying to seek with the bar jumps in about 3 minute intervals.

Other than that, I think it's awesome how active the developers are with the community. I hope to see you guys do well!

Welcome please open a topic in the Andriod app forum.

How to Report a Problem

Happy2Play

Thank you!

I apologize, I didn't realize that it was a bug. I just assumed it was a feature that hasn't been implemented.

I know it is a new feature in the beta server, but unsure on the app itself.

Edited by Happy2Play

aspdend

Does it require for you to finish the total upload before it scans? This could be my problem as this is the final part of my library and is a rather large upload of about 20 shows. It would be nice if it did a scan every time there was a new file/change detected but if it needs to have the total upload completed thats not the end of the world.

Nope - if I am adding, say 20 new shows, it will start picking them up after at least the first one is on the server - doesn't have to wait until they are all in place...

Nope - if I am adding, say 20 new shows, it will start picking them up after at least the first one is on the server - doesn't have to wait until they are all in place...

That is strange, I am still having issues with this! I upload something and have to do a manual rescan for it to appear :/ with my luck though its just some setting that is not checked off properly haha. Any advice?!

Happy2Play

That is strange, I am still having issues with this! I upload something and have to do a manual rescan for it to appear :/ with my luck though its just some setting that is not checked off properly haha. Any advice?!

Do you have real time monitoring enabled?  Dashboard-Library-select your library-scroll down the options

Do you have real time monitoring enabled?  Dashboard-Library-select your library-scroll down the options

I did not..... I was excited.... I turned them on, and still no luck. Even with an emby restart. I am on the 6.4.0-rc9f unraid build, could this be causing any issues? is there anything I can provide to help show where this disconnect is happening?

aspdend

I did not..... I was excited.... I turned them on, and still no luck. Even with an emby restart. I am on the 6.4.0-rc9f unraid build, could this be causing any issues? is there anything I can provide to help show where this disconnect is happening?

Personally I wait for Unraid updates to make sure that they are tested and any issues highlighted before I change up so currently I am running 6.3.3 stable. You don't mention where your server software is - mine is on a separate htpc running Win10 - is yours in a docker container?

PenkethBoy

did you add any new media or edit something on your data store after enabling the real time monitor?

its only going to pick up changes - its not retrospective  :P

Since it sounds like we have some new feature requests, is there anyone who can help with creating separate feature request topics for them? That will allow them to each be discussed and monitored individually. Thanks guys.