Coming from Plex: Wishlist

gcalaway

hstamas

I did not..... I was excited.... I turned them on, and still no luck. Even with an emby restart. I am on the 6.4.0-rc9f unraid build, could this be causing any issues? is there anything I can provide to help show where this disconnect is happening?

Ive never had much success with real time monitoring either on a PC (worked occasionally) or a Mac (worked once and only once) even though both systems are listed as supported. Ive just set my rescan for new content setting in scheduled task to happen more often.

Ive never had much success with real time monitoring either on a PC (worked occasionally) .

On Windows we have found it to be quite reliable as long as the file system is also Windows.  Across a network share is where it gets dicey and Microsoft does state that in their documentation for the feature.

randomevents

On Windows we have found it to be quite reliable as long as the file system is also Windows. Across a network share is where it gets dicey and Microsoft does state that in their documentation for the feature.

Before I moved Plex (out of a VM) and the media to the same file server, I found that turning off SMB caching solved that issue for me.

Edited by randomevents

Update on the auto-scanning.... Its working now. I changed nothing but it seems to have sorted itself out. @@PenkethBoy I did add new media when testing originally haha good call though. 

I would really love to see an ability to view media based off release date, and off date it was added. I know you can choose between those two in your settings, but a way to view the two on the client side would be nice and convenient. As separate tabs/sections would be really nice but even as a filter would be fine to me. 

@@aspdend I agree with you on the stable releases but I wanted to go with Ryzen for this and Ryzen and 6.3.3 do not like each other at all.

@@Luke I can start making all of them separate, however is there a way to make a poll on here? we could keep adding things to the poll and people could vote and then you would be able to see what the most desired features were all in one place? may not be beneficial at all though  :)

2gcalaway, when you create separate feature request topics, users can like those topics and then we can see those numbers. that's currently how we gauge support for requests. thanks !

I would really love to see an ability to view media based off release date, and off date it was added. I know you can choose between those two in your settings, but a way to view the two on the client side would be nice and convenient. 

I believe you can sort by both release date and date added in all of the apps now...

• 1 year later...
turnkit

Coming from Plex also. Could you add some special handling for Plex Versions folders?

Currently I have many folders like this:

Movie Name (year)/

Movie Name (year)/Movie Name (year).mkv

Movie Name (year)/Scenes

Movie Name (year)/Plex Versions/Custom_Universal TV 445/Movie Name (year).mkv

For example:

HD-DVD Movies/

HD-DVD Movies/Searchers, The (1956)/
HD-DVD Movies/Searchers, The (1956)/The Searchers (1956).mkv
HD-DVD Movies/Searchers, The (1956)/Scenes/A_Turning_of_the_Earth_t01.mkv
HD-DVD Movies/Searchers, The (1956)/Scenes/Behind_the_Camera_Setting_Up_Production_t03.mkv
HD-DVD Movies/Searchers, The (1956)/Plex Versions/Custom_Universal TV 445/The Searchers (1956).mkv

The challenge currently is that I can't leave the "Plex Versions" folders in the system because when I do Emby has an improper (unidentified movie) thumbnail for it.

I'd like to be able to run both Plex and Emby so that I can have different clients depending on user preference.

The "Plex Versions" folder confuses Emby. I think Emby tries to make the movie name "Custom Universal" and it fails to obtain proper metadata.

Ideally Emby could take the 2nd version of the movie found in the Plex Versions subfolder and make it available as a different bitrate version if the user chooses to use it.

Does this make sense?
Edited by turnkit

Hi, yes we can look at supporting that sub-folder in a future update. thanks.