DLNA Panasonic TV. MP4 not working

bi4s

Hey there! First of all great job emby. If I can get this solved I am getting premium for sure!

Now the problem: My mp4 movies are not working. File not supported. Well just saying that with plex and twonky they work fine. My viera panasonic has the number tx-p65vtw60. What did I try? I did take the default panasonic profile you have in emby but I did not change or configure something. Do you have an advice for me how to fix the problem? I really like emby would be shame if I have to give up future plans...

Help would be great :-)

Best regards

Okay here we go:

- Panasonic Viera Model: tx-p65vtw60
- Emby Server Version 3.2.28.0
- Playing on device: tx-p65vtw60
- on TV I navigate to play: "apps" to "Media Server" then: "emby-server" (DLNA I guess) then "folders" then "myvideofile.mp4". clicking play, message: "File is not supported". It is not opening the file, not even trying to buffer or something.

- file details:
* 1080p / 720p (doesn't matter)
* .mp4
* around 3 gb big
* video and audio information from the file itself: #deleted logs
* Filetype = mp4
Video = AVC, Main L3.1, ~7600 kbps, 1080p, x264, 2pass
Audio1 = German, AAC 5.1, 384kbps
Audio2 = English, AAC 5.1, 384kbps

- log: sorry, server is not logging the issue. No log available.

@@Luke Do you need more information? Let me know please.

Edited by bi4s

@@Luke here you go. I found ffmpeg-transcode with the file I can't play. I think this might help you a lot! 

Can you let me know the next steps? :)

Edited by bi4s

Well I don't have one of these models for testing. What are the supported formats? 

@@Luke here we go:

Media Player Formats:

AVCHD 3D/Progressive,SD-VIDEO/AVI/MKV/WMV/MP4/M4v/FLV/3GPP/VRO/VOB/TS/PS, MP3/AAC/WMA Pro/FLAC/Apple Lossless/WAV, JPEG/MPO

Edited by bi4s

Happy2Play

A better breakdown by container from the manual pages 116-119.

Cover page shows it covers your tv model.

See the note from MP4 containter

This TV supports this container recorded with Panasonic products. For
details, read the manual of the products.

Edited by Happy2Play

A better breakdown by container from the manual pages 116-119.

Cover page shows it covers your tv model.

See the note from MP4 containter

This TV supports this container recorded with Panasonic products. For

@@Happy2Play i'm not sure what this means now for me? But with twonky and plex I can play those files which I can't play now. How can I fix Emby now?

Edited by bi4s

Happy2Play

@Trial and Error i'm not sure what this means now for me? But with twonky and plex I can play those files which I can't play now. How can I fix Emby now?

Then the question would be are how are those other servers playing your files?  Direct Play/Direct Stream/Transcode

As of right now your TV is rejecting Emby from Direct Playing them, should be easy to modify to force transcoding.

Edited by Happy2Play

@Trial and Error i'm not sure what this means now for me? But with twonky and plex I can play those files which I can't play now. How can I fix Emby now?

Every DLNA device has to be tested individually and this requires trial and error. Those two software packages you mentioned - at some point this TV also did not work for them and a community member came along, reported it, and they adjusted the formats for that TV. So that's what we need to do.

Every DLNA device has to be tested individually and this requires trial and error. Those two software packages you mentioned - at some point this TV also did not work for them and a community member came along, reported it, and they adjusted the formats for that TV. So that's what we need to do.

@@Luke Oh okay. So you are going to do this? I can test things for you at the TV, i just don't know how to script this transaction stuff etc. If you show me where to add the format stuff I would test it out, np.

Edited by bi4s

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play from what i can see it looks like this TV kind of supports everything, no?

The Manual basically shows everything.so @@bi4s may be able to test a profile that covers everything.  But I think it is probably going to come back to response profiles.

It may even be the 5.1 AAC, will bi4s would need to test other formats.

Edited by Happy2Play

nowadays the default profile is geared towards direct playing everything, so in theory we could just not have a panasonic profile anymore and let it use the default.

Happy2Play

Do you know how "twonky or plex" handles your files?

@@Luke @@Happy2Play

You might be interested that the same problem occurs with the Panasonic Viera TX-L42DTW60 and Panasonic Viera TX-40AXW634.

Both of those need individual testing.

Both of those need individual testing.

@@Luke

Means I would have to test

-TX-P65VTW60

-TX-L42DTW60

-TX-40AXW634

I wonder why the panasonic profile doesn't cover them. Is it not possible to "solve" them all with one correct profile? Must be pretty same error since all versions are working with exact same mp4 files with other streaming services.

Happy2Play

They all say the same

● MP4 (.f4v, .m4v, .mp4)
Video codec:
H.264 BP/MP/HP, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4 SP/ASP
Audio codec:
AAC, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, HE-AAC, MPEG Audio, MP3

● This TV supports this container recorded with Panasonic products. For

@@Luke

So I would guess we need to Direct Stream MP4 to another container or Transcode all together.

Edited by Happy2Play

@@Luke

Is it not possible to "solve" them all with one correct profile? 

Usually yes, but you don't know until you try.

Happy2Play

@@bi4s

First test you could do is remove the mp4 Direct Play support in the Profile.

Go to Dashboard-DLNA-Profiles-select "Panasonic Viera" profile-Direct Play-and delete on mp4,mv4 profile, and click save.

Second click DLNA on Dashboard again-Profiles-Now you see s custom profile "Panasonic Viera" click on it-Now you want to rename it so you know it is using custom profile when looking at your logs.  Ensure to hit save.

I would restart server to ensure new profile is used but may not be necessary.  They to play a mp4, the server should transcode the file.

@@bi4s

First test you could do is remove the mp4 Direct Play support in the Profile.

Go to Dashboard-DLNA-Profiles-select "Panasonic Viera" profile-Direct Play-and delete on mp4,mv4 profile, and click save.

Second click DLNA on Dashboard again-Profiles-Now you see s custom profile "Panasonic Viera" click on it-Now you want to rename it so you know it is using custom profile when looking at your logs.  Ensure to hit save.

I would restart server to ensure new profile is used but may not be necessary.  They to play a mp4, the server should transcode the file.

@@Happy2Play would have been too easy if this would have worked ;)... Did not work... Do you need new Log-File?