Setting up Alexa

Sammy

In ET where it says Sign in With Emby Connect.

I'd like to (re)associate this particular user with my Emby Connect Account but it seems it already is as it has the cloud symbol

When I select Player 1 it started playing on the open browser window here on my laptop. Not the right place but some progress. Pretty cool.

I hit back and it went to the Server Dashboard.

I don't use the Server Dashboard for everyday use. I use TVTime and it has Server disabled for security reasons. How to get Alexa to start playing with TVTime? 

I have to get going this afternoon but will check back tomorrow.

Thanks!

59d024edc7c24_PlayEmby.jpg

Edited by Sammy

Can I have TVTime connected to a different email address or Emby Connect account or can I have it associated with this one I'm using right now? It seems to be the issue.

Can I have TVTime connected to a different email address or Emby Connect account or can I have it associated with this one I'm using right now? It seems to be the issue.

You can associate it with any Emby Connect account that you want. Does that answer your question?

You can associate it with any Emby Connect account that you want. Does that answer your question?

How to do it, please?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I logged in with emby connect as Sammy and I have TVTime set up like this:

59d021b33ff80_Settings.jpg

This is how I have it in Emby Server but when I log into ET as Sammy it comes up as the server login and not TVTime.

Sammy

It is a different account for the Emby Server vs TVTime for daily use.

i still don't understand what you're saying. in emby theater just select sign in with emby connect, and the use the pin code feature to sign in as sammy.

Guest asrequested

Alexa doesn't seem to be finding the computer you're using. When she lists my devices, she tells me the computer names. So if I have Theater open on my computer, the device is listed as my computer name. In your list of devices, I don't see any computers. This is what mine looks like.

59d0574b32bf0_Snapshot_239.jpg

The app has to be running for it to be acknowledged. 

Edited by Doofus

Sammy

When I sign in as Sammy it loads my server account and not my TVTime account.

Sammy

Sammy

i still don't understand what you're saying. in emby theater just select sign in with emby connect, and the use the pin code feature to sign in as sammy.

Guest asrequested

If I'm understanding this correctly, you have two accounts. Your main account that you use for server admin, and a user account that you use for general use. Correct? And you want to sign into theater with your user account, but you're having problems with it?

Sammy

If I'm understanding this correctly, you have two accounts. Your main account that you use for server admin, and a user account that you use for general use. Correct? And you want to sign into theater with your user account, but you're having problems with it?

Exactly. My user account is TVTime but alexa is not connecting to it.