[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

Hi Luke is the embycon better i just install emby for kodi sync will try next embycon

@@Old_School it's personal preference. Emby for Kodi requires a syncing process but may provide more integration with Kodi features if you're willing to do that. EmbyCon is simply, fast and easy, just sign in, browse and play.

Old_School

emby for kodi work well more integration syncing process can be slow not that bad on pc but a little bit slow on kodi with embuary on fire tv 4k box

Edited by Old_School

• 2 weeks later...
henriquefer

Hi,

I have Embuary and EmbyCon installed on Kodi.

I would like to know if it possible to select audio and/or subtitles before starting play the movie (from the info page).

Thank you in advance.

henriquefer

Can you please provide further details about how can I do that?

I have already look around but I did not find anything else.

Thank you

prydda

[feature request] when browsing favourite tv shows and goes into season and then pressing back button the view is going to home page. 

Can it instead go back to browsing favourites view?

Hello, thank you so much for this skin. I love Embuary. It works like a charm with my plexkodiconnect. 

I have couple of questions. I am able to create my custom widgets but I have ran into some issues with certain functionality. For example, I prefer to view the TV shows as posters. If I create a custom widget to and do add-on > video-addon > plexkodiconnect>tv shows I don't have access to certain things as in default widgets. There's no Latest shows, instead there's last updated shows and if I use that, when I go into the show detail page and select browse, instead of seeing all the episodes, I see folders.

Is there any way to customize default widgets in anyway? All I want to is replace the wide view with poster view for tv shows :) 

Thanks so much for this skin! 

Hello, I noticed, if I change the sort by method in default All TV Shows to Year, it reverts it back to Title. Is there any way to persist it to year? Thank you 

mata7

just want to say thanks to the developer, this skin is amazing and work perfect with emby for kodi, i have both installed on my Libreelec HTPC and i love it

Gogenzuller

Hello! It is a wonderful skin and I love it very much. But I would like to ask: is it possible to somehow change the language of the alphabetical jump line? My native language is Russian and all library shows and movies use Russian names, all regional settings of the kodi are also Russian, all skin elements are also Russian and only this string is Latin. Therefore, it does not work for me.

clarkss12

CoreELEC just updated to a new stable version, and now when I click on the "Movies" tab, the screen locks up..........

What info do you need?

sowkai24

Hi, I have been using this skin for a while now, and I would like to know if there's a way to Show the media I have on my device. I'm using Plex, Youtube, and LibreSpot. Is there a way to show the same things as if I'm using Emby?

sualfred

With the Kodi MediaImport project everything will change for Emby or Plex.
I'm currently working on Embuary2 which will differs a lot and has every E4K and EmbyCon workaround removed. No ETA and it will be for Matrix.

• Like 4

horstepipe

I'm currently working on Embuary2 which will differs a lot and has every E4K and EmbyCon workaround removed. No ETA and it will be for Matrix.

I'm really looking forward to this!

Just curious, did @@Angelblue05 completely leave or is she just taking a real life break? So, is E4K completely end of life and all work will go to the MediaImport project without her?

sualfred

Don't ask me. Rough times with Corona. Real life has for a lot people the highest priortiy atm.

Popeye2468

Hi saulfred, loving the skin, no matter which one I put on, I always end up going back to yours. I have 1 issue I have added all my retro games into Kodi took a long while, I'm using advanced emulator launcher but I can't seem to get it to display the artwork properly I only have choice of wide, list or square? Any chance you can tell me how to get like poster view? Please

rooser11

maybe i am blind but is there a way to show recently added TV shows in Poster instead of Fanart/Backdrop?  I have a few missing fanarts and that is eye sore.  not sure if this is a limitation or i am just missing the right config.  Thanks for the skin, by the way.

Just for clarification: I use Embycon and I did not find a way to add poster based widget.

Edited by rooser11

horstepipe

Don't ask me. Rough times with Corona. Real life has for a lot people the highest priortiy atm.

Sure!

She was absent way before that shit began so I thought maybe you have some info

Cannot wait!! Do you have perhaps screenshots for us? :)

Red5ive

Not sure if you are still working on the original skin or if dev has moved over to Embuary2 but was hoping movie extras would make it into the current version.

We originally discussed this over at this thread (recently been locked for some reason) https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/81945-displaying-movie-extras-in-kodi/

There was a recent method to use an official Kodi plugin to add extras to the context menu but that needs the skin to run in direct path mode rather than plugin and you loose functionality.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/85099-tutorial-how-to-display-movie-extras-when-using-emby-for-kodi/

but I think the best solution would be still to add it to the movie info screen, similar to how it is presented in emby.

I hope you can still get this working in the current version or if not that you can consider it for the new version, if that's expected in the near future.

Thanks as always.

S

TeamB

Not sure if you are using EmbyCon or not but I added Extras to the EmbyCon context menu, it is in the latest release.

Red5ive

Not sure if you are using EmbyCon or not but I added Extras to the EmbyCon context menu, it is in the latest release.

I'm running both EmbyCon and E4K (so I can have two users logged in at once and have both favourites and watch list sync) but I'm not seeing the exras item in the context menu, unless E4K overrides it?

Running version 1.9.77.

Edited by Red5ive

TeamB

yes EmbyCon 1.9.77 should have it.

I dont know what would happen with both add-ons installed when it comes to the context menu.

why not just use fast user switching to switch users?

pic of the Show Extra menu item

post-1880-0-69931800-1587990459_thumb.png

Edited by TeamB