Jump to content

[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin


sualfred

Recommended Posts

feerlessleadr

This should apply to those that have already upgraded to matrix and embuary has been automatically disabled. 

Copy the addon.xml (located in the skin.embuary-leia folder in the add-ons folder within your kodi userdata folder) from your kodi install to a computer. Your userdata folder will be different depending on what you have kodi installed on. Check the kodi wiki if you don't know where it is. 

Open the addon.xml file in either notepad++ or notepad. Find the line that says 

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.14.0"/>

And change it to

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>

Then copy the addon.xml back to the same location for your kodi install in step 1.

Restart your box and/or kodi.

You can now enable/select the skin in settings. 

Edited by feerlessleadr
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
feerlessleadr

You can either use the kodi file manager and add your computer as a source in kodi (either via smb or sftp/ssh), a file manager app on the shield and connect to your computer over the network (like fx file manager, solid explorer, etc.), or you can plug in a usb drive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Embyjunky

Quick question:

If I want to start over with Kodi (fresh install), how do I install Embuary skin in Matrix? 

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
feerlessleadr

there may be a better way, but your best bet I think would be to install 18.9 first, install embuary, then update to 19 and do the steps I mentioned previously. 

Alternatively, you can download the zip of embuary right from the github repo, manually extract and rename the skin folder (to skin.embuary-leia) and copy the entire folder to your addons folder in your userdata folder. 

Either method should work I think though - not sure if there are better ways. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bamboozled
10 hours ago, Embyjunky said:

Thanks feerlessleadr.

I chose to download the zip file, updated add-on file and install as Zip file.

I am trying to do the same thing. What do I need to change in the add-on file?  I can't find this line

 

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.14.0"/>
Edited by Bamboozled
Link to post
Share on other sites
feerlessleadr
5 hours ago, Bamboozled said:

I am trying to do the same thing. What do I need to change in the add-on file?  I can't find this line

 


<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.14.0"/>

Post the entire file to paste in and post the link here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Xorp

Will Embuary be updated with official Matrix support at some point, or will we always have to use the xml hack?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Glyde62
On 25/02/2021 at 09:59, feerlessleadr said:

This should apply to those that have already upgraded to matrix and embuary has been automatically disabled. 

Copy the addon.xml (located in the skin.embuary-leia folder in the add-ons folder within your kodi userdata folder) from your kodi install to a computer. Your userdata folder will be different depending on what you have kodi installed on. Check the kodi wiki if you don't know where it is. 

Open the addon.xml file in either notepad++ or notepad. Find the line that says 


<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.14.0"/>

And change it to


<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>

Then copy the addon.xml back to the same location for your kodi install in step 1.

Restart your box and/or kodi.

You can now enable/select the skin in settings. 

Done all that and still not showing in kodi to install

Link to post
Share on other sites
feerlessleadr
12 minutes ago, Glyde62 said:

Done all that and still not showing in kodi to install

You aren't installing it, it's already installed. You just select the skin from your interface settings and that's it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Glyde62
3 minutes ago, feerlessleadr said:

You aren't installing it, it's already installed. You just select the skin from your interface settings and that's it.

Worked it out.  was disabled for some reason  Had to enable it

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Glyde62

Problem now is keyboard stops working on some screens and is fine on others

 

Keyboard works fine till in get install page in repositories then stops working 

Edited by Glyde62
Link to post
Share on other sites
feerlessleadr
55 minutes ago, Glyde62 said:

Problem now is keyboard stops working on some screens and is fine on others

 

Keyboard works fine till in get install page in repositories then stops working 

It still works, it's just that the cursor isn't showing what the current selection is highlighting.

If you need to install something, it should still work, as the Install button is the default selection when you click into an add-on from the repository. Once the add-on is installed though, the cursor shows up when you go to the information screen (for me anyway).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Glyde62
On 07/03/2021 at 12:24, feerlessleadr said:

It still works, it's just that the cursor isn't showing what the current selection is highlighting.

you are correct, Strange it disappears on that one page

 

Was only a test build on my pc, Got it working ok but think i will wait for Embuary to be released officially for Kodi 10, Also Emby for Kodi missing a few feature i like at the moment so happy to wait a while

Edited by Glyde62
Link to post
Share on other sites
Pog22
On 25/02/2021 at 04:35, feerlessleadr said:

You can either use the kodi file manager and add your computer as a source in kodi (either via smb or sftp/ssh), a file manager app on the shield and connect to your computer over the network (like fx file manager, solid explorer, etc.), or you can plug in a usb drive. 

Does the Shield need to be rooted to access these directories?

 

Scratch that, got it! It's a hidden directory. Edited and working now

\\SHIELD\internal\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons

Edited by Pog22
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
TheFreeMan
On 2/24/2021 at 8:54 AM, Grumpy1 said:

This is from Saulfred over at the Kodi forums

Quote

Tempory fix to get this skin running in Matrix is to manually edit the addon.xml and bump the xbmc gui version to 5.15.0. There were no important changes which could affect this skin. Will take care of it as soon as I find time.

 

Haven't messed with my Kodi setup in ages... Where do I go to find the addon.xml file? The only one I can find is in /userdata/library/video and it doesn't have anything in there (that I can see) relating to an xbmc gui version...

 

Never mind... I hadn't read far enough to find that the instructions are further up this page. I'd only made it through page 78.

 

Well... almost... I don't have an `addon.xml` file in my skin.embuary-leia directory. I've only got `settings.xml`. I'm pretty sure I can't just create an `addon.xml` file with that one line - I'm sure that there's more that's necessary for the xml to be valid.

Of course, I'm still on 18.9 at this point, so it's not critical that I get this fixed today, but it would be nice to know what I'm missing for when the day comes.

 

Ah! I found the original post on forum.kodi.tv, and I found a post a little further down with a complete addon.xml file with the edit already made. I put it in /userdata/addon_data/addon.xml

I rebooted and no ill effects on Kodi 18.9.0. I just need to remember this when it's time to update. (Shouldn't LibraELEC be pushing these updates automatically?)

Edited by TheFreeMan
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
skank
On 3/4/2021 at 3:02 AM, Xorp said:

Will Embuary be updated with official Matrix support at some point, or will we always have to use the xml hack?

Yeah im waiting for it too, dont feel like hacking and editing stuff on shield

Link to post
Share on other sites
feerlessleadr

For anyone that doesn't want to make the updates, here I have attached the updated addon.xml which you can copy into your skin folder on your box and re-load kodi. 

For anyone that needs to install fresh, here is the zip with the entire skin with the modified xml already baked in, where you can just install from zip file. All I did for this was download the zip from fred's repo, add in the modified addon.xml, and re-zip. No other changes. 

I take no credit for this or the skin, just helping out fellow users. 

Mods, if this is inappropriate, please let me know and I will delete. 

 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L4EFdrSSEoZvHMlMsbp2uZAWKsfkjt3f?usp=sharing

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...