Fire TV - grey screen on app startup

ss4real2

ss4real2

Yes, auto logoff set to Never. Went straight to grey screen, no interaction. I sent logs right after I force closed it and loaded it. 7:40 am MT.

Yes, auto logoff set to Never. Went straight to grey screen, no interaction. I sent logs right after I force closed it and loaded it. 7:40 am MT.

Name of Emby user or server?

FordGT90Concept

Getting the same issue here on NVIDIA SHIELD (both of them). It seems like it happens whenever the SHIELD goes to stand by, bring it out of standby, then try to use Emby again. Killing Emby or power cycling the SHIELD temporarily fixes it.

Name of server is TANK

I did not receive a log from a Fire TV connected to that server name.  Exactly how did you send the log?

• Like 1

ss4real2

I did not receive a log from a Fire TV connected to that server name. Exactly how did you send the log?

Under options in the app I selected send logs.

It just did a grey screen again right now. 7:12 pm. Sent logs again.

Edited by ss4real2

Under options in the app I selected send logs.

Yes, but from what screen?  I think maybe you did this from the server selection screen so that you weren't actually connected to the server yet?  If so, I may have found the last one.  Are you running 1.4.44a?

Not sure what screen I was on at the time. I'll pay attention next time. Yes, 1.4.44a

Okay, based on the log I found (which I believe was yours) I may have found something related that, even if it doesn't solve this issue, I think may allow me to see what the issue actually is.

So, please update to .45 as soon as available.  Thanks!

ss4real2

Okay, based on the log I found (which I believe was yours) I may have found something related that, even if it doesn't solve this issue, I think may allow me to see what the issue actually is.

So, please update to .45 as soon as available.  Thanks!

Will do, thanks!

JasonG

I'm continuing to have the same problems with .45 (server is 3.2.26) - auto-logoff is set to 'Never'. If I leave the device alone for more than 5 minutes, I come back to a grey screen. 

I have three Fire Sticks, all of which are doing this - and it's become so consistent, my family has stopped using them. Could the Amazon built-in screensaver have anything to do with the hang?

ss4real2

I'm continuing to have the same problems with .45 (server is 3.2.26) - auto-logoff is set to 'Never'. If I leave the device alone for more than 5 minutes, I come back to a grey screen. 

I have three Fire Sticks, all of which are doing this - and it's become so consistent, my family has stopped using them. Could the Amazon built-in screensaver have anything to do with the hang?

Same here, except I'm running server 3.2.28. The family has stopped using emby, grudgingly using Plex now.

FordGT90Concept

@@ebr insists this problem isn't related to mine but if it is, I'm running 3.2.30.3 + 1.4.46g and it doesn't lock up anymore. Could try updating to 1.4.46g and see if it fixes Fire TV version too.

I got the distinct impression that the issue was resuming the previous user session. If a user was logged in, then logged out for any reason (time out, back out of app and back in, whatever), it would lock up when trying to authenticate the user.

Edited by FordGT90Concept

mwongjay

I've been having this issue for awhile now. I'm on v3.2.30.3. My process to reproduce:

1. Open Emby, log in as user, watch some content.

2. While content is playing, press the home button to exit.

3. Leave idle for an extended duration of time (for me this is like 18 hours)

4. Open Emby. Grey screen!

There's another topic I believe is similar to this one. In that topic @@ebr mentioned changing auto logoff from 24 hours to 1 hour. I've changed the auto logoff to the various settings with no difference when opening Emby. 

Still cannot reproduce this no matter how many things I try but I keep changing things hoping they have an impact.

So, if anyone reproduces this with 1.4.47 please report in.

ss4real2

Emby beta has mysteriously disappeared from both the fire TV and stick. I reinstalled Emby but now it's not the beta version. Any idea how I get the beta back on?

Emby beta has mysteriously disappeared from both the fire TV and stick. I reinstalled Emby but now it's not the beta version. Any idea how I get the beta back on?

What version number do you currently have?

Did you possibly change your amazon marketing settings? They require you to opt-in to marketing communications in order to receive betas. So maybe you changed your setting and now it removed you from beta access. That's all I can think of, I'm sure Ebr will know better. Thanks.

ss4real2

No didn't change that. At least not from what I originally did. I remember opting back out immediately after be accepted because you'll get tons of marketing spam from Amazon sellers.

It is a different app.  Do you get an email from Amazon every time a new release comes out?  You should have gotten one yesterday afternoon.

Still cannot reproduce this no matter how many things I try but I keep changing things hoping they have an impact.

So, if anyone reproduces this with 1.4.47 please report in.

Still locking up on .47 after letting Emby idle for 5m (when the screensaver kicks in). Pressing the back button makes the grey screen filter a couple times over the course of 30s, but still needs a force stop to make it functional again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still locking up on .47 after letting Emby idle for 5m (when the screensaver kicks in). Pressing the back button makes the grey screen filter a couple times over the course of 30s, but still needs a force stop to make it functional again.

This is something no one else has reported and, if it were happening to all everyone would be in here.

Can you tell me an exact time (EDT) that one of these occurred and the name of the Emby server involved?

This is something no one else has reported and, if it were happening to all everyone would be in here.

Can you tell me an exact time (EDT) that one of these occurred and the name of the Emby server involved?

Sure, just happened again this morning. Around 7:30 EDT, Server is EMBY-PC and user MediaCenter.

CBers

It is a different app. Do you get an email from Amazon every time a new release comes out? You should have gotten one yesterday afternoon.

Is that for the Stable release only?

I haven't received any emails from Amazon since the very early days of the betas.