Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

sydlexius
1 hour ago, TeamB said:

Especially since there could be a large undetermined number of chapters so the edit ui would have to be flexible enough to show all the chapters and allow editing.

My suggestion would be a tree view in the left panel and when you select an item in the tree a table of the chapters shown up in the right panel with colums (time, image name, type) with a del icon to remove the chapter. The time and name would be editable. At the top an add new and save button.

All image extraction would be done by the built in chapter image extraction schedule that already exists.

IMO, a left panel with a treeview is > than drop downs...especially dropdowns that don't allow for auto-completion.  I also wouldn't mind seeing a filter box above the left-side treeview.

Cheesegeezer
40 minutes ago, TeamB said:

yes

What’s the goal here? And how are you gonna insert specific chapter points and names? If manually letting the user create their own. It’s gonna be dud of a plugin editor. If you are getting info and changing Emby’s 5min chapter markers for real world BD, DvD times and names I can see a gain to the community. 

or is the plan to setup an api(similar to ChapterDB) and ask users to contribute to the db from from their mkv RIPs that have all the correct markers in it, then allow other users to use this info in their files. 

Edited by Cheesegeezer

TeamB
27 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

What’s the goal here? And how are you gonna insert specific chapter points and names? If manually letting the user create their own. It’s gonna be dud of a plugin editor. If you are getting info and changing Emby’s 5min chapter markers for real world BD, DvD times and names I can see a gain to the community. 

The goal would be to produce a chapter editor, something with the following feature list:

• visually show chapters
  • allow a user (probably admin only) to edit chapters  change times, names and add new ones, delete existing ones
  • add a REST API to allow external projects to edit chapters

There is no intelligence here, it is just a chapter editor.

So you see no use for a chapter editor plugin?

rbjtech
8 hours ago, TeamB said:

The goal would be to produce a chapter editor, something with the following feature list:

• visually show chapters
  • allow a user (probably admin only) to edit chapters  change times, names and add new ones, delete existing ones

5 hours ago, crusher11 said:

This thread is a mess... 

Have to agree with crusher on this one !  Why are we talking about a generic chapter editor in the Introskip thread ?

Please create another thread for the generic chapter editor - this thread is all about Introskip.

I had assumed that we were talking about the chapter editor for the Core Introskip implementation here ...

11 hours ago, TeamB said:

• visually show chapters

This is planned for the core.  I wouldn't spend time on it.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

chef
9 minutes ago, ebr said:

This is planned for the core.  I wouldn't spend time on it.

image.png.1afe8a5020f9ebb4786a7cc8616cf743.png

koopa8840

I'm sure you guys know this, but in case you don't, the plugin doesn't load with server 4.7.0.39 beta.

Info App: Not loading IntroSkip.dll 0.0.1.96 because the minimum supported version is 0.0.1.97. Please update to the newer version

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
28 minutes ago, koopa8840 said:

I'm sure you guys know this, but in case you don't, the plugin doesn't load with server 4.7.0.39 beta.

Info App: Not loading IntroSkip.dll 0.0.1.96 because the minimum supported version is 0.0.1.97. Please update to the newer version

We are aware - Thanks .

As it says, this should be fixed in the next Plugin version.  The only option to continue to use the Plugin (only, or in combo with the Core) is to rollback to 4.7.0.38

We don't have an ETA for 0.0.1.97 at this time but I understand it is being worked on. :)  @Cheesegeezer @chef

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer

So anyways i did make a good utility using OCR text recognition, this also utilises blackdetect detect to find a the frame suitable to start the Text recognition. It was gonna be used as a fall back if everything else failed on the end credits. However it’s looking good for our current code.

where this could be useful is movies!! Especially if doing a bing watch and want to tie in home automation with end credits.

I had to use my camera as most screen recording software uses ffmpef to do this and cant run concurrently 

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

rbjtech
15 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

So anyways i did make a good utility using OCR text recognition, this also utilises blackdetect detect to find a the frame suitable to start the Text recognition. It was gonna be used as a fall back if everything else failed on the end credits. However it’s looking good for our current code.

where this could be useful is movies!! Especially if doing a bing watch and want to tie in home automation with end credits.

I had to use my camera as most screen recording software uses ffmpef to do this and cant run concurrently 

IMG_2734.MOV 21.98 MB · 0 downloads

Awesome work @Cheesegeezer

How many times a second is it grabbing frames to check and analyse ?

Cheesegeezer
43 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Awesome work @Cheesegeezer

How many times a second is it grabbing frames to check and analyse ?

Just the once, one frame every 1sec.

run blackdetect find the black screen 

then start exporting each frame at 1 sec intervals and run OCR on each frame, if nothing is detected from the white list of string comparisons move onto the next.

if it gets a match, display the frame, get the timestamp and frame number and pop it in a variable

simples lol 😂 

on average i would say 15seconds to detect per episode move or whatever

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
26 minutes ago, BlackDub said:

where i can download the plugin?

It’s been removed as the core integration will take over some features. You need to be running the latest beta and enable it. So its not for everyone just yet. 

BlackDub
21 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Se eliminó porque la integración central se hará cargo de algunas características. Debe ejecutar la última versión beta y habilitarla. Así que no es para todos todavía. 

i have the latest beta .39, how i can enable it?

• Like 1

northyj0e
On 02/05/2022 at 02:12, samuelqwe said:

You’re going to have to manually enable that. I presume it will be a per library setting eventually, but as of right now it’s completely hidden since it’s still being tested. Once it’s fully released it should be as simple as turning on a switch and running the detection task.

When you say it's completely hidden, do you mean it's actually impossible to access it? If so, why on earth is it in the release and why has this plug in been removed due to conflicts with it? 

• Agree 1

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, northyj0e said:

When you say it's completely hidden, do you mean it's actually impossible to access it? If so, why on earth is it in the release and why has this plug in been removed due to conflicts with it? 

I agree 100% - a very odd decision.

If you have enabled the Core version, then sure, disable the Plugin - but don't just disable it regardless ! 

I'm stuck on .38 now - until it gets updated as I have no plans to ever use the limited functionality in the Core version.

We are trying to fix the Plugin, but we are having issues getting the latest Plugin code so we can modify it.. 

@chef  if you are out there, can you update the private repo please so @Cheesegeezer can update the chapters code ! ;)

northyj0e
2 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

If you have enabled the Core version, then sure, disable the Plugin - but don't just disable it regardless ! 

So there isn't any way for us to use the core version at this moment in time, even for testing? 

I obviously really mistimed looking into this, looks like it would have been fine even 2 weeks ago! 

seanbuff
3 minutes ago, northyj0e said:

So there isn't any way for us to use the core version at this moment in time, even for testing?

Yes, you can test out the core version in the current beta server. Instructions on how to enable it are 4 posts up...

northyj0e
1 hour ago, seanbuff said:

Yes, you can test out the core version in the current beta server. Instructions on how to enable it are 4 posts up...

Damn I read about 40 pages of this thread looking for those instructions and they were posted while i was doing so!

Thanks! 

Edited by CBers
Replaced expletive.

crusher11
4 hours ago, rbjtech said:

I'm stuck on .38 now - until it gets updated as I have no plans to ever use the limited functionality in the Core version.

That's going to be the only way to actually have a Skip Intro button though, right? It won't use the timings from the plugin?

This whole thing is turning into a mess. I have no idea why the devs went off and wrote their own thing instead of just writing the code for a button.

• Agree 1

rbjtech
20 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

That's going to be the only way to actually have a Skip Intro button though, right? It won't use the timings from the plugin?

This whole thing is turning into a mess. I have no idea why the devs went off and wrote their own thing instead of just writing the code for a button.

If and when the API is updated to include the button, then the Plugin 'could' use the button easily - but I presume this is not yet being made available as it's still in early beta.  Technically it's 'easy' to do - we just need to write the correct MarkerType - but we can only do that via the API.

Unfortunately we are in a halfway house I agree, where the Dev's have disabled the fully functional Plugin (all bar a 'button') as it allegedly conflicts with the way the chapters are being written in the Core plugin, but we have no vision of where the core is going, what's going to be included (editing, credits ?) nor timescales involved.

Our plan was to 'fix' the chapters so they use the new Chapter format introduced by the Core version - then the choice is up to the users which version they continue to use - however, currently enthusiasm for the fix has a mixed reception. 

Edited by rbjtech

29 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

as it allegedly conflicts with the way the chapters are being written in the Core plugin

Nothing alleged about it.  There is a problem and Cheese acknowledged (and I believe) fixed it.

30 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

but we have no vision of where the core is going, what's going to be included (editing, credits ?) nor timescales involved.

Luke told the plug-in devs a couple weeks ago exactly which features would be in the initial core implementation.  They were - intro identification, integration of that into the apps (via a button and auto skip functionality) and a chapter editor.  Other features will be considered after that initial implementation based on feedback.

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, ebr said:

Nothing alleged about it.  There is a problem and Cheese acknowledged (and I believe) fixed it.

just waiting for chef to update git so i can implement to the latest version, currently 1.79 is on git but latest is 1.96.

6 minutes ago, ebr said:

Luke told the plug-in devs a couple weeks ago exactly which features would be in the initial core implementation.  They were - intro identification, integration of that into the apps (via a button and auto skip functionality) and a chapter editor.  Other features will be considered after that initial implementation based on feedback.

yes that was covered in our Group PM thread.